Best Buy Returns

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
I just got to my local best buy (good ol Tucson AZ) and noticed they have started putting out the returned items already from xmas because there were a ton of them.
A lot of these items were anythere from $10-$20 off the retail price.

Best so far: Logitech Z560 for $129 down from $149...i dunno if something is wrong with them or what but heck...
thats a deal if i ever saw one i think :) my first try of posting in this section

Next week its on up to the Fry's in phoenix :))
happy huntin'!

Burnt

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2001
You still get the 30 day return policy on opened items. I think i'll check it out tommorow. BBuy has the 560's?

vtqanh

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
actually, I think all retail stores are doing this thing. Circuit City stores are also having a lot of after-Christmas items (usually $10-$20 cheaper)

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
I went to the store over by me (here in good ol Tucson AZ) and they didn't have anything yet.. guess I went too soon.... getting in and out of the parking lot on the other hand was a pure nightmare...

Optical

Aug 27, 2001
Best Buy returns are not always in good shape. Some have missing manuals, cords, etc. I don't think it's worth saving $10-20 bucks.

ashneel

Banned
Jul 10, 2001
bestbuy.com is one of the phucken gayest mother phucken online retailers in the Phucken world.

Everything I phucken order gets canceled.

everything named breastbuys should be nuked.

DKim81

Sep 28, 2001
they are also doing no receipt returns which is awesome. I bought a rockford fosgate amplifier for $390 when i was employed there.. went to get a no receipt return b/c I had no receipt, and they gave me 899 plus tax credit =). So if you know somebody who works there, they can get you a great deal through december 31st, which is when i think they discontinue the no receipt returns.

Valvoline6

Oct 6, 2000
Hey ashneel where is bestbuys.com? Right next to circutcitys.com, radioshacks.com and walmarts.com? After I shop at those places online I usually go to McDonald, Arby or Wendy to eat... :p

AznRyda

Jul 8, 2001

<< bestbuy.com is one of the phucken gayest mother phucken online retailers in the Phucken world.

>>

don't hold back, tell us how you really feel. ;)

cubanx

Oct 27, 2000
ROFL... but I have to agree Best Buy is iffy @ the B&M so I could just imagine these clowns online customer service.

onegauss

Dec 11, 2001
I would stay away from BB returned items. They hardly work. Of course, you can return them (if they don't work) within the return/refund period. But the hassle is not worth it.

BAMF

Dec 15, 2001
Porks -- that must be some of that new meatless meat I have heard so much about lately. :):D

ww4397

Golden Member
May 14, 2001

<<

<< bestbuy.com is one of the phucken gayest mother phucken online retailers in the Phucken world.

>>

don't hold back, tell us how you really feel. ;)
>>

Are you sure you didn't mean, pheel.

MrChipMuthabored

Jan 3, 2001
Remember everyone.....purchases considered "Christmas Presents" at Bese Buy have until the end of January, so if you bought something at the beginning of December and it $%^& on you, you can say it was a Xmas present and enjoy the extended return deadline.

Chardin

May 17, 2001
Pork is one of those words that have a lot of meaning...it's a noun, adjective, verb, etc...

I love pork.
You're getting kinda porky there, sweetie.
I got p0rk3d.
The two cats were porkin'.
etc..etc..

mrEvil

Golden Member
Nov 2, 1999
My only question is WTF is this even in the hot deal category? I see opened stuff at Worst Buy all the time...not to mention being annoyed by some teenager who THINKS he knows more about everything dealing with computers than I do....

I tend to stay away from the returned computer stuff there.....usually there is a reason....usually with the person who originally purchased it and their lack of knowledge....note the word usually.

Again, why is this a hot deal?

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
i consider it a hot deal cause there is a lot of times that people are bought stuff for xmas not knowing if it would work or not with that persons setup, and in a lot of cases it doesn't, which is why when they are XMAS RETURNS this becomes a hot bargain...person opens up the box....finds out they cant use it....returns it to buy something they can use...
I know this is the case because my friend works at the best buy i go to and he says 90% of xmas returns are just for that very reason...they give the person store credit (take off like a restocking fee)...and just put it right back on the shelf as an open box...
thats why i consider it hot...my 2 cents at least :D

Zorro

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999

<< they are also doing no receipt returns which is awesome. I bought a rockford fosgate amplifier for $390 when i was employed there.. went to get a no receipt return b/c I had no receipt, and they gave me 899 plus tax credit =). So if you know somebody who works there, they can get you a great deal through december 31st, which is when i think they discontinue the no receipt returns. >>

Can you say fraud!!!

Bork

Sep 22, 2001
Somebody say bork?
Seriously, BestBuy is one of the few retailers who have really raked it in this season. If ya wanna make some money just buy their stock (BBY). ;)

jamarno

Golden Member
Jul 4, 2000
The Best Buy stores in my area are not very careful about inspecting returned items, and in one case every sample in stock had been returned and had accessories or documentation missing, was cosmetically damaged, or was dirty. Oddly, the same product on their return table was in better condition than any of them, but despite being labelled "complete" had a missing cord.

In comparision, Circuit City seems to take more care, and if a product has even cosmetic damage it's sold as an open box item (two items I returned were sold that way, and the damage was minor and in one case on the bottom).