Bernie's out

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
No I think she ran a bar campaign, among many other factors that led to her loss. I mean she barely even visited the rust belt states.
Actually, the two are not mutually exclusive. No doubt the GOP/Trump/Russian machine *was* brutally effective, but the damage was exacerbated by the infighting between Hillary and Bernie, Hillary not paying enough attention to the swing states, and the fact that she just generally is not liked very much by a lot of people. I think it is the easy way out for the dems to just cry foul and blame the entire loss on dirty tactics by the opposition.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Actually, the two are not mutually exclusive. No doubt the GOP/Trump/Russian machine *was* brutally effective, but the damage was exacerbated by the infighting between Hillary and Bernie, Hillary not paying enough attention to the swing states, and the fact that she just generally is not liked very much by a lot of people. I think it is the easy way out for the dems to just cry foul and blame the entire loss on dirty tactics by the opposition.

That’s true which is why I added, “among other things”.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Where did he actually do that though?
Um, right here? You know, in the post that I directly quoted?
How progressive is someone really, when they're against everyone who isn't like themselves? Food for thought.

Meanwhile, the Democrats are a 'big tent' party that values inclusiveness and working together. Bernie supporters don't share those values because of their ideological purity requirements, and so the Democratic primary voters chose another candidate. Particularly women and minority primary voters, who Bernie didn't reach out to because his support base are mostly white males who don't care if Trump gets another 4 years because it's not their civil rights getting bent over.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
and now for some humor

onemamq3xol41.jpg

1586552167689.jpeg

Trump might still destroy his own chances given how much he commits impeachable offences and his handling of covid19 may cause enough swing voters to abandon him in 2020 so one can hope for that.

fb_img_15865391449131.jpg

Last edited:

Printed Circuit Bro

Jan 21, 2020
No I think she ran a bad campaign, among many other factors that led to her loss. I mean she barely even visited the rust belt states.
Not just running a bad campaign but she was also a terrible candidate, driving people to the polls to vote against her.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Not just running a bad campaign but she was also a terrible candidate, driving people to the polls to vote against her.

I mean she did get three million more votes than trump so she obviously wasn’t that bad. I haven’t seen any polling that showed people came out and voted for trump as an FU to Clinton, do you have some citations for that? After all, the only candidate who had worse favorability ratings at the time was trump.

Printed Circuit Bro

Jan 21, 2020
I mean she did get three million more votes than trump so she obviously wasn’t that bad. I haven’t seen any polling that showed people came out and voted for trump as an FU to Clinton, do you have some citations for that? After all, the only candidate who had worse favorability ratings at the time was trump.
The electoral college prevents mob rule, thankfully.

Then again, many people vote along party lines regardless of who the candidates are.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Democracy = mob rule ... well, technically true I guess. The electoral college was designed to give slave states extra power after all.

Mar 11, 2004
I really liked hearing about them forming task forces. To me, that's where we could see Joe skew a lot closer to Bernie's policies, as I think those will provide tangible reasons for Joe to go those routes (while it being filtered through people that Joe will listen to more), while ironing out the policies so that they can be implemented.

All the people that had an FU Clinton mindset that I knew were nonvoters (that would be sure and let you know they don't vote). Quite a few people that voted for Turmp thought they were giving politics in general an FU, which I tried to tell them that they were just going to fuck themselves some more. But they'd act like high school kids (or worse), until Turmp would do something that would fuck them or someone they care about and then they got quiet.

Um, right here? You know, in the post that I directly quoted?

I guess to me it was pretty clear who he was referring to. He was trying to not actually use the term Bernie Bro, while making it clear that's who he was talking about. And I guess I've gotten to where I respond glibly to the "not all _____" as its often a response to blatant evidence of those being exactly that (which any thread with Bernie or Biden in it lately had basically been just that) and I felt like that's exactly what you were doing.

Completely wrong. Educate yourself before arguing about this.

You really should stop letting them waste your time and recognize when that's all that's going to happen.

Nov 8, 2012
AHAHAHAHAHAHA Obama endorses Biden this morning - absolutely fucking hilarious.

It really tells you something when Obama deliberately didn't show any favorite liking to any of the clown car candidates... ONLY AFTER EVERY. SINGLE. CANDIDATE (including Bernie) dropped out did he FINALLY endorse his VP.

That honestly tells you how fucking bad Biden is - and how bad this election is going to be for dems. If you don't have the confidence to actively endorse your VP and working buddy for over 8 years, you obviously don't have confidence in their ability.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

It really tells you something when Obama deliberately didn't show any favorite liking to any of the clown car candidates... ONLY AFTER EVERY. SINGLE. CANDIDATE (including Bernie) dropped out did he FINALLY endorse his VP.

That honestly tells you how fucking bad Biden is - and how bad this election is going to be for dems. If you don't have the confidence to actively endorse your VP and working buddy for over 8 years, you obviously don't have confidence in their ability.
Or maybe Obama (unlike Trump) doesn't want to be seen as a "King Maker".

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010

Spreading this dimwitted analysis in this thread too I see. Do you ever think about things before you post?

Reactions: TeeJay1952

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Or maybe Obama (unlike Trump) doesn't want to be seen as a "King Maker".

I wonder if he's actually just burnt-out, and just a bit sick of the whole business after his 8 years?

Why would he want to dive into that internecine snake-pit now he's free to go water-skiing or whatever it is he does for fun? I'm sure I'd want to keep well away and do something less-stressful, in his position. He's a good guy, but he's also pretty wealthy now, and I don't see that he has much in the way of objective self-interest to motivate any political commitments.