Bernie's out

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
It didn't mean a thing, it just literally led to Turmp being elected. And you absolutely supported that type of shit. Or you certainly were spouting that type of shit after the election when you were weirdly desperately trying to defend how you couldn't support Democrats for various nonsensical reasons that included simply being too bothered to visit a website.

From a personal perspective the Russian led "crooked Hillary" meant nothing to me. You might find examples where I cited servers or Uranium One to be used against her. You might find where I supported Republicans after the election, but no you won't. Certainly I said that the Dems didn't handle the exposure of Trumps enormity during the House impeachment hearings well and I am critical of the mainstream party being wholly inadequate when it comes to environmental issues. Nevertheless I said I would pick Biden if it came to it because I'll go with the Anybody But Trump candidate. Oh yes I will give him hell if he ignores the most important issues in the way they need to be handled.

I think partisanship rots the brain and soul. I'll go with Democrats because they are better than Republicans, not because of almost religious ferver and purity tests some demand.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Sorry Been, I voted for you in the primary, my state went for Biden. It's Biden for me in November.

My oldest dog has retired from politics, the next won't be of age until the next cycle and the pup has been spared the worst of humanity so far so I don't have really stellar candidates this time around 😎

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Transcript provided for those that won't click the link to view the video. As I said earlier, Biden is not going to make it until November.

“We cannot let this, we’ve never allowed any crisis from the Civil War straight through to the pandemic of 17, all the way around, 16, we have never, never let our democracy sakes second fiddle, way they, we can both have a democracy and elections and, at the same time, correct the public health.”

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
"we".....are speaking in hopfyl adoration of your :Lord and masta Trump??
“We” as in people with common sense who don’t observe the world from a TDS echo chamber.

So you admit that we all read you for what you are? A Trumpster at heart!! haha no amount of "who me" will change what we already know!! You are not very good at hiding that fact!
Biden is not my preferred candidate. I voted for Sanders in the primary. I will vote for Biden to get rid of Trump.

I take it by your response that you refuse to take accountability for your preferred nominee. Buyer’s remorse or deja vu?

Reactions: Printed Circuit Bro

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Is he though? People threw a vote at Trump because he shake up vote. That shake up didn't go quite the way a lot of them planned. Some expected a Presidential pivot. That didn't happen. Manufacturing is down, farming got fucked, states that went Trump in narrow margins are getting fucked by him in this pandemic. The unknown commodity is now very well known.

But Dear Leader is still emotionally appealing because he rants and raves at the media. Trump voters' feelings don't care about facts.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Nothing, sounds coherent as ever.

The question was specifically for a Republican poster. They voted for a guy who speaks incoherently, has for some time. Another leg they will try to stand on, and I'll point it out again and again.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
But Dear Leader is still emotionally appealing because he rants and raves at the media. Trump voters' feelings don't care about facts.

For sure he's got a core base of deplorables, but you mostly ignore them. You can't win them over. There's no way to reason a person out of a position they never reasoned themselves into.

This is a game of inches. Most people are entrenched and aren't changing. You just need to move a few votes one way or the other. You are trying to pick away a relatively small number of voters that threw in for Trump 4 years ago and while maintaining the base you already had.

Reactions: Vic

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Your words.

I'm asking if that is your point. You just posted a link with no input from you in regards to it. What's your interpretation/point?

And, yes, those are my words. Are you now attempting to throw them back in my face or something? I am no huge fan of Biden - at least current day Biden. He's too old. Certainly having some issues. But I feel Trump is way too old also. And clearly has mental issues. Not to mention I hate his policies and I hate him as a human being (long before 2016). Bernie was too old. But, he was probably the most non-senile of the 3.

So, I ask again, what is your point of posting that? You need to add commentary if you're trying to make a point.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
For sure he's got a core base of deplorables, but you mostly ignore them. You can't win them over. There's no way to reason a person out of a position they never reasoned themselves into.

This is a game of inches. Most people are entrenched and aren't changing. You just need to move a few votes one way or the other. You are trying to pick away a relatively small number of voters that threw in for Trump 4 years ago and while maintaining the base you already had.
Its states that Biden needs to win. States decide who will be president, and the swing states are all that matter right now.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Its states that Biden needs to win. States decide who will be president, and the swing states are all that matter right now.

Haha, one of which Trump just shunned cuz the gov'na said unflattering things about his response to SARS. Oops.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Translation: anyone who disagrees with me is bad!
A question for you......and one you won't be able to answer, I suspect. Is there any way you could suspect that of me without that suspicion having arisen out of the way you operate? I know it sounds a bit egotistical and maybe even cruel, but there is always the possibility of people disagreeing with me because they don't know much. Alternatively, even though it can be the same thing, they may differ because they think they know something I don't. For example, one can free oneself from the shackles of religion and still wear the same shackles under the name of freedom when all that has happened is the exchange of one type of ignorance for another, thinking, for example, that you learned something.

Reactions: dank69

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Jesus Christ...whats wrong with you progressives?...If Bernie was elected, no meaningful progressive policy would get done, if Biden is elected no meaningful progressive policy will get done. Biden fucking sucks, I know it,..so what. HE IS NOT TRUMP, no matter how much mental gymnastics you people bleat on about.

The main goal is to get Trump/McConnell out. In 4 years they already have damaged for decades, by stacking of the of the courts, so no progressive agenda will even see the light of day. Another 4 years of Trump and his sycophants doing this - Bye bye agenda, probably for most of YOUR lifetimes.

Trump has done so much damage that even if Biden wins this year, Biden's presidency will only amount to ATTEMPTING to clean up the damage Trump has done, not getting much meaningfully done for Biden's own sake, and 2) Trump has already changed what is normal. There might not any pre-2016 normal that America can return to now. But we won't know unless we vote Trump out. It must be a collective effort by the voter all over the political spectrum.

Trump biggest decisions and legacy is the Supreme Court vacancies. The courts shifting further to the right, coupled with almost 200 increasingly young, right wing federal judges. Trump has accomplished hardly anything legislatively (those tax cuts don't look so useful now)but his stamp on the civil liberties will endure. And then another 4 years of Trump while the Democrats tripping all over they're dicks whining about an agenda that will have to wait. Wtf!

The only cause for reversal is to boot Trump out in a landslide and send his sycophants like Mitch McConnell, Matt Gaetz, Jim Jordan, Jodi Ernst, Lindsey Graham etc packing too. A big and flat condemnation of this presidency. I just don't see that perfect storm happening while reading threads like this.

2020 is disaster mitigation. Immensely important mitigation, but mitigation. 2016 was the disaster. Trump's war on government. 4 years of Trump is a disaster; 8 years is permanent.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Exactly. I really don’t get how anything but return to normal can be expected. Clean up mode will take at least 2 years only because Biden will just reinstate Obama policies initially.

But about the judges, how many new ones can get removed with a democratic lead senate? I highly doubt many are doing a good job and can get reviewed for removal.

Aegeon

Golden Member
Nov 2, 2004
But about the judges, how many new ones can get removed with a democratic lead senate? I highly doubt many are doing a good job and can get reviewed for removal.
Realistically absolutely zero, because the only removal option is impeachment which requires 67 Senators, which is why it is so important to stop further stacking of the courts. There are a few options to try to mitigate things a bit if things get too extreme, but they would be very difficult politically to pull off and generally would not allow individual judges to actually be targeted.

Last edited:

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
Jesus Christ...whats wrong with you progressives?...If Bernie was elected, no meaningful progressive policy would get done, if Biden is elected no meaningful progressive policy will get done. Biden fucking sucks, I know it,..so what. HE IS NOT TRUMP, no matter how much mental gymnastics you people bleat on about.

The main goal is to get Trump/McConnell out. In 4 years they already have damaged for decades, by stacking of the of the courts, so no progressive agenda will even see the light of day. Another 4 years of Trump and his sycophants doing this - Bye bye agenda, probably for most of YOUR lifetimes.

Trump has done so much damage that even if Biden wins this year, Biden's presidency will only amount to ATTEMPTING to clean up the damage Trump has done, not getting much meaningfully done for Biden's own sake, and 2) Trump has already changed what is normal. There might not any pre-2016 normal that America can return to now. But we won't know unless we vote Trump out. It must be a collective effort by the voter all over the political spectrum.

Trump biggest decisions and legacy is the Supreme Court vacancies. The courts shifting further to the right, coupled with almost 200 increasingly young, right wing federal judges. Trump has accomplished hardly anything legislatively (those tax cuts don't look so useful now)but his stamp on the civil liberties will endure. And then another 4 years of Trump while the Democrats tripping all over they're dicks whining about an agenda that will have to wait. Wtf!

The only cause for reversal is to boot Trump out in a landslide and send his sycophants like Mitch McConnell, Matt Gaetz, Jim Jordan, Jodi Ernst, Lindsey Graham etc packing too. A big and flat condemnation of this presidency. I just don't see that perfect storm happening while reading threads like this.

2020 is disaster mitigation. Immensely important mitigation, but mitigation. 2016 was the disaster. Trump's war on government. 4 years of Trump is a disaster; 8 years is permanent.
You are preaching to the choir, as the saying goes. I agree with everything you say about Trump. However, this only reinforces the desperate need for the Democrats to field a dynamic, energetic, coherent candidate who can stand up to the rigors of a long campaign, present his agenda coherently, and take on Trump head to head in the debates and win. Does this sound like Joe Biden at his current age and condition?

It is like the seventh game of the world series. Yes you need to win desperately. So who is your pitcher? An aging veteran who has lost his fastball. Game over.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You are preaching to the choir, as the saying goes. I agree with everything you say about Trump. However, this only reinforces the desperate need for the Democrats to field a dynamic, energetic, coherent candidate who can stand up to the rigors of a long campaign, present his agenda coherently, and take on Trump head to head in the debates and win. Does this sound like Joe Biden at his current age and condition?

It is like the seventh game of the world series. Yes you need to win desperately. So who is your pitcher? An aging veteran who has lost his fastball. Game over.

More defeatism. Just what we need. I don't think this will be a conventional campaign with personal appearances, rallies & all that, not with the ongoing onslaught that covid19 will present. Some high degree of social distancing will obviously prevail. If not then the number of dead will condemn Trump to defeat, anyway. The economy will still be in the shitter, actually worse as people exhaust their reserves & lending gets extremely tight. We'll need answers that GOP ideology simply can't provide.