Bernie Sanders

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 12, 2004
Yes, authoritarian imbecile who continues to advocate for lining up political opponents and murdering them, I'm the one who is coming across as stupid.

Keep on keepin' on, clown!
Your arguments are typically pathetic and this one is no different. Btw, my statement had nothing to do with political opponents; but leave it up to you to miss the mark completely. No surprise.

Keep on moronin' on, moron. I don't expect your next reply will be any less moronic.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Your arguments are typically pathetic and this one is no different. Btw, my statement had nothing to do with political opponents; but leave it up to you to miss the mark completely. No surprise.

Keep on moronin' on, moron. I don't expect your next reply will be any less moronic.
Your arguments consist of advocating for your political opponents to be lined up and executed.

You use eliminationist rhetoric, and then claim that I'm the fascist.

You're hilariously inept at using logic, so claiming that my arguments are pathetic is a compliment.

Please proceed, authoritarian imbecile.

Sep 12, 2004
Your arguments consist of advocating for your political opponents to be lined up and executed.

You're hilariously inept at using logic, so claiming that my arguments are pathetic is a compliment.

I don't have political opponents, dumbass. You do.

Maybe that's why you can't see through the fog of your own creation? You assume that everyone is a political moron, like yourself?

mysticjbyrd

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2015

Why are you so hung up on hyperbole?

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I don't have political opponents, dumbass. You do.

Maybe that's why you can't see through the fog of your own creation? You assume that everyone is a political moron, like yourself?
Yes, because you say that people who you disagree with, like myself, should be lined up and shot, I'm the one with political opponents.

Again, every complaint you have against me is a compliment, so keep 'em comin.

Why are you so hung up on hyperbole?
Why are you so hung up being a bought-and-paid-for BernieBot? I mean, besides the 2 cents per post of course.

mysticjbyrd

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2015
Yes, because you say that people who you disagree with, like myself, should be lined up and shot, I'm the one with political opponents.

Again, every complaint you have against me is a compliment, so keep 'em comin.

Why are you so hung up being a bought-and-paid-for BernieBot? I mean, besides the 2 cents per post of course.

You need to take some xanax, and calm down man.

Sep 12, 2004
Boo fucking hoo. Stop being an obstructionist douchebag and allow this country to move forward. You're so wrapped up in your political BS that you can't see the forest for the trees. And anyone that calls you on it, like me, becomes your enemy.

Just stop it already. Try to adopt a semblance of reasonability.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Boo fucking hoo. Stop being an obstructionist douchebag and allow this country to move forward. You're so wrapped up in your political BS that you can't see the forest for the trees. And anyone that calls you on it, like me, becomes your enemy.

Just stop it already. Try to adopt a semblance of reasonability.

You repeatedly say that people who you disagree with should be lined up and executed, but I'm the one who considers others an enemy, and I'm the one who isn't reasonable.

Sure thing, boss.

Nov 25, 2013
You repeatedly say that people who you disagree with should be lined up and executed, but I'm the one who considers others an enemy, and I'm the one who isn't reasonable.

Sure thing, boss.

You don't find the phrase: "Stop being an obstructionist douchebag and allow this country to move forward." reasonable?

Huh.

Ben Ghazi!

220px-Ben_Gazarra_-_still.jpg

Sep 12, 2004

Sure thing, boss.
You still don't grasp what I said.
flounder-600.jpg

And now you are floundering.

Nov 8, 2012
He is adjusting the tax rates with 54% being the highest bracket (I believe after $250k.) He is also proposing a phased in minimum wage of $15, which could provide more taxable income for the government. While corporations can massage profits, increasing the paycheck of employees could pull money away from companies and make it more visible to the IRS (W2's and such.) This means easier access to the tax stream.

He plans to eliminate loop holes for corporations stashing money over seas. He claimed 100B in additional tax will come from closing the loop holes. He says the effective tax rate for corporation is too low (meaning the amount they actually pay, not what the rate that is on the books.) He is planning to eliminate subsidies to many industries. He wants to adjust the estate tax. He wants a special "billionaire's" tax. Lift the cap on social security contributions and prevent those above a certain income from getting SS benefits.

Anyway, you can read a lot of his policies on his website. It is very readable. IMO he is using a shotgun approach and throwing everything out there. I highly doubt much of it is possible, but it is nice to have someone reconsidering how the bills are paid.

https://berniesanders.com/issues/how-bernie-pays-for-his-proposals/

Something like the Top 10% pays 90% of the taxes? I can't find the exact quotage, but essentially the bottom 60% are leeches off what the top 40% *HOPEFULLY* pays. That's a problem. You are entirely sucking the teet of the taxpayer and hoping it's there to feed you next year, all the while telling them to pay moar. PAY MAOR!!! YOU"RE NOT PAYING ENOUGH!!!

You want socialized medical insurance? Sure, hope you enjoy the extra taxes, not even the higher income bracket can supplement all that shit. That means the bottom feeders might have to actually start paying instead of taking.

Last edited:

mysticjbyrd

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2015
Something like the Top 10% pays 90% of the taxes? I can't find the exact quotage, but essentially the bottom 60% are leeches off what the top 40% *HOPEFULLY* pays. That's a problem. You are entirely sucking the teet of the taxpayer and hoping it's there to feed you next year, all the while telling them to pay moar. PAY MAOR!!! YOU"RE NOT PAYING ENOUGH!!!

You want socialized medical insurance? Sure, hope you enjoy the extra taxes, not even the higher income bracket can supplement all that shit. That means the bottom feeders might have to actually start paying instead of taking.

The top 1/10 of 1% own more than than 90% combined! You can't take what they don't have!

Ahh, yah, that's the idea champ. There wouldn't be any difference between paying the federal government, and paying an insurance agency, except the govt doesn't run on profits.

Last edited:

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
You don't find the phrase: "Stop being an obstructionist douchebag and allow this country to move forward." reasonable?

Huh.

Ben Ghazi!

220px-Ben_Gazarra_-_still.jpg
I find it interesting that I'm considered an obstructionist when the obstructionists are all conservatives..."stand[ing] athwart history yelling 'Stop' ".

Especially since I'm a reasonable liberal ready, willing and able to have reasonable discussions on how to compromise on stupid issues that will never be "solved", so we can move past this snapshot in history.

You still don't grasp what I said.
flounder-600.jpg

And now you are floundering.

I totally grasp what you have said.

Shake your pom-poms for one side all while imagining it's the one true way to believe. I don't really care. Nor do I care what your "style" is. Demmies and Pubbies both are morons and both sides are to blame for the stalemate that is politics today. The true believers from both sides should be lined up and shot and this country would be far better for it.

Sorry, but there is no mythical "center" between Republicans and Democrats. The Democratic party is as center as you can possibly get politically, with the Republican party being far right-wing. You can go ahead and ignore that if you want, but the entire "No Labels" BothSidesDoIt™ argument is bullshit.

One political party is interested in compromise to move forward. The other political party is determined to prevent the other side from accomplishing anything.

Saying that people who you disagree with should be shot does not in any way, shape, or form make you some mythical centrist who knows how to "move forward". There is no center between the Democratic party and Republican party. There are solutions, and there are obstructions.

The Republican party has zero solutions. The Democratic party can be compromised with. Period.

Sep 12, 2004
I find it interesting that I'm considered an obstructionist when the obstructionists are all conservatives..."stand[ing] athwart history yelling 'Stop' ".

Especially since I'm a reasonable liberal ready, willing and able to have reasonable discussions on how to compromise on stupid issues that will never be "solved", so we can move past this snapshot in history.
And that attitude is exactly why lefties are so often douchebags. They believe themselves so lovely, awesome, so willing, and having all the answers and it is only the other side that is the problem.

Hint: righties think the very same way.

I totally grasp what you have said.
Clearly you did not.

Sorry, but there is no mythical "center" between Republicans and Democrats. The Democratic party is as center as you can possibly get politically, with the Republican party being far right-wing. You can go ahead and ignore that if you want, but the entire "No Labels" BothSidesDoIt™ argument is bullshit.

One political party is interested in compromise to move forward. The other political party is determined to prevent the other side from accomplishing anything.

Saying that people who you disagree with should be shot does not in any way, shape, or form make you some mythical centrist who knows how to "move forward". There is no center between the Democratic party and Republican party. There are solutions, and there are obstructions.

The Republican party has zero solutions. The Democratic party can be compromised with. Period.
Thanks for clarifying your partisan douchyness even more and further solidifying my claims. :thumbsup:

Only your side has all the solutions. :rolleyes:

mysticjbyrd

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2015
And that attitude is exactly why lefties are so often douchebags. They believe themselves so lovely, awesome, so willing, and having all the answers and it is only the other side that is the problem.

Hint: righties think the very same way.

Clearly you did not.

Thanks for clarifying your partisan douchyness even more and further solidifying my claims. :thumbsup:

Only your side has all the solutions. :rolleyes:

Neither side is even interested in solutions. They are interested in keeping people bickering amongst each other, while they pass corporatist legislation, like the TPP.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Neither side is even interested in solutions. They are interested in keeping people bickering amongst each other, while they pass corporatist legislation, like the TPP.

Maybe because trade deals like that are actually very good for all parties concerned except for wannabe mercantilists. You can come up with actual examples of corporatist legislation if you try I'm sure.

mysticjbyrd

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2015
It's good for corporations, and that's about it. I guess you could argue the slaves in the underdeveloped countries are slightly better off... But that's about it. Everyone else loses.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
It's good for corporations, and that's about it. I guess you could argue the slaves in the underdeveloped countries are slightly better off... But that's about it. Everyone else loses.

You restating your opinion in slightly different words isn't an argument. Comparative Advantage is along with Supply and Demand one of the most supported principles of economics and it hugely argues for trade deals like NAFTA and TPP.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004

Then why are corporations against the agreement?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/b/bb8ecb98-29d6-47d6-bda2-62774a3c040f

At some point you actually have to address the specifics of what's behind the vague generalities you continue post to no end. You are a Bernie Bro. We get it. You feel entitled and empowered because the Democrats went all in on a poor candidate. That doesn't make you important. Substance makes one important. You are a cheerleader. This country has too many cheerleaders.

Last edited:

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
Then why are corporations against the agreement?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/b/bb8ecb98-29d6-47d6-bda2-62774a3c040f

At some point you actually have to address the specifics of what's behind the vague generalities you continue post to no end. You are a Bernie Bro. We get it. You feel entitled and empowered because the Democrats went all in on a poor candidate. That doesn't make you important. Substance makes one important. You are a cheerleader. This country has too many cheerleaders.

Red herring.. they are only against it if it does not limit currency manipulation. Your link states that as well.

Otherwise it is very corporatist / globalist and will just drive the US middle class into direct competition with slave labor level wage earners overseas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Pacific_Partnership#Tariffs_.26_other_barriers

In 2013, Nobel Memorial prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz warned that based on leaked drafts of the TPP, it presented "grave risks" and "serves the interests of the wealthiest."[94][118]

Organised labour in the U.S. argued that the trade deal would largely benefit corporations at the expense of workers in the manufacturing and service industries.[119]

The Economic Policy Institute and the Center for Economic and Policy Research argued that the TPP could result in further job losses and declining wages.[120][121]

In 2014, Noam Chomsky warned that the TPP is "designed to carry forward the neoliberal project to maximise profit and domination, and to set the working people in the world in competition with one another so as to lower wages to increase insecurity."[122]

Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT), who opposes fast track, stated that trade agreements like the TPP "have ended up devastating working families and enriching large corporations."[123]

Another Nobel Memorial Prize-winning economist, Paul Krugman, reported, "... I'll be undismayed and even a bit relieved if the T.P.P. just fades away", and said that "... there isn't a compelling case for this deal, from either a global or a national point of view." Krugman also noted the absence of "anything like a political consensus in favor, abroad or at home."[124]

Economist Robert Reich contends that the TPP is a "Trojan horse in a global race to the bottom, giving big corporations and Wall Street banks a way to eliminate any and all laws and regulations that get in the way of their profits."[125][126]