Bear fighting tactics needed

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

invidia

Platinum Member
Oct 8, 2006
Light a huge branch on fire and use it as a torch. All animals are afraid of fire. However, be careful not to start a huge forest fire.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
lol,

Well, all you can really hope for is that if you put up any fight at all, it will lose interest and go find fat slow kids

nonameo

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2006
All you need is some pot. Don't fight. Make love, not war. After all, it is mating season, right?

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
You sure you aren't asking about bear fucking tactics? If so, I would recommend "Super Troopers".

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: ArmchairAthlete
Just run away and it'll drop aggro after a little while.

or out levle it by killing rabbits. squirrels and gnols

KillerCharlie

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2005
Black bear attacks are extremely rare. You're not going to do much with a knife. Wear a bell that constantly makes noise so you don't startle any of them, and get some bear spray (pepper spray that sprays a long distance).

jme5343

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2003
Originally posted by: S h o o B i E x
Originally posted by: ConstipatedVigilante
Originally posted by: S h o o B i E x
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Any male that weighs at least 150 pounds can easily take a black bear, or any bear for that matter, in one on one combat. All you need to do is get wrist control then punch it in the nose and it's head will pop off and candies will come out. I'm surprised no one knew this.

Wrist control is the key...but do bears have wrists per se?

Yeah for sure their there. They are just wearing magic bracelets that add +10 meat to there bones. I can understand why you didn't know. I only bear experts, like myself, know such details.

Made me laugh. Thanks. :)

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
I think using tiger style would be your best bet. But if he comes at you with his drunken bear paw stance you're SOL.