Battlefield V

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I eventually got the VGO (it sucks, BTW), but it took much longer than it should have because the assignments weren't registering half the time. My advice is to forget the medic crate and go with the ammo side or straight up the middle of the challenge tree with the building assignments. Do build the snowman side challenge though, because you get huge points for that. Here's an easy place to find to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dzhN4BP2FM
Hmm yeah I would need to start over then. That mean you play as support right? Kind of ridiculous that they release a challenge like this and then have a bug with the med crates. I think they are useless.

I mean I use them if I see them but I notice most people won't use them.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Hmm yeah I would need to start over then. That mean you play as support right? Kind of ridiculous that they release a challenge like this and then have a bug with the med crates. I think they are useless.

I mean I use them if I see them but I notice most people won't use them.

Yeah but the support side went really fast, because you can toss ammo packs to anyone just about anytime and people will actually use the ammo crates. Or you can do the line up the middle, which was destroying and building fortifications if I remember correctly. You can grab a tank to knock out the destroy part in no time and then go to a safe flag area to do the building. After that all you need to get is 1 stationary weapon kill to unlock the VGO. I read some were having trouble getting that kill to register but I got mine on an AA gun with no problems. I checked my challenge tree earlier and have them all completed except the med crate, and its not even half way done even though Ive threw down what feels like hundreds of the things.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I finally got the medic crate challenge. Holly crap it took forever. Had to get it in breakthrough though on fjel. People were forced on a ridge and into a corner and just had to use the crates Now i need one stationary weapon kill so I guess I'll have to go play conquest to find one of those.

Won't be getting it tonight since the gf is coming over but there is still some days left to try and get it.

I hope some of these other challenges aren't as annoying.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I haven't played yet today. But supposedly they increased the time to kill. I thought it was fine and was getting used to the play style.

Now I guess it takes more shots to kill someone so you will need to pump more bullets into them. This was the case with BF 1 and normally I played hardcore. But eventually I got used to it although the higher ttk was annoying. I still died a lot and I think I was mostly frustrated with how quickly I died vs how long it took me to take someone down because they felt like bullet sponges.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
I haven't played yet today. But supposedly they increased the time to kill. I thought it was fine and was getting used to the play style.

Now I guess it takes more shots to kill someone so you will need to pump more bullets into them. This was the case with BF 1 and normally I played hardcore. But eventually I got used to it although the higher ttk was annoying. I still died a lot and I think I was mostly frustrated with how quickly I died vs how long it took me to take someone down because they felt like bullet sponges.
I cant tell any difference.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I cant tell any difference.
There is a new playlist called conquest core which has the original time to kill code on that server. I can definitely tell a difference because I'm running out of ammo much quicker and it's requiring me to use more bullets to take someone down now when using smg's or assault rifles. Sniper didn't change much it's still a 2-3 body shot or headshot.

Basically you need at least one more bullet than before. Time to kill wasn't an issue it was the time to death that has problems. You still can get taken down in one frame when in reality both ttk and ttd should be at synchronized.

Dice's explanation was that they noticed newer players were dying too fast and getting frustrated. Problem is the newer players don't make up the core player community and they don't stick around like the usual people that have been playing bf games for a while. The gunplay to me feels more like bf 1 now which is ok I guess because I had gotten used to it. I also noticed now it's harder to move when you are getting shot which again time to death is what they should have fixed and the netcode as well.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
It was a 15% drop in damage for most weapons but not headshots. It ends up taking one more bullet to kill in most cases. What will notice is weapons that have only 10 rounds. Instead of being able to kill 3 with a magazine, you'll just be able to kill 2.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I am liking the game so far. The new spotting system takes some serious getting used too, but once you find your stride it feels like I am back at home. The character animations look a little flimsy still though. Everybody seems to go from standing still to full sprint too quick or the directional change seems to be missing some key movement frames. Are to snipe at someone who looks like they are warping through time. Could be just me though.

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
Need some advice before I drop the hammer on yet another Battlefield game. My current rig is definitely dated, and being replaced soon. I currently have an i5 2500 which doesn't meet min specs, however I do have a GTX 1070Ti. Will the game run with this setup? 8GB of RAM.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Basically you need at least one more bullet than before. Time to kill wasn't an issue it was the time to death that has problems. You still can get taken down in one frame when in reality both ttk and ttd should be at synchronized.

Dice's explanation was that they noticed newer players were dying too fast and getting frustrated. Problem is the newer players don't make up the core player community and they don't stick around like the usual people that have been playing bf games for a while. The gunplay to me feels more like bf 1 now which is ok I guess because I had gotten used to it. I also noticed now it's harder to move when you are getting shot which again time to death is what they should have fixed and the netcode as well.

Well that explains why I cant really tell a difference. Being used to BF1 I have no trouble killing people but its the feeling of dying so fast that is so annoying.

After playing for a while now I have to say that IMO the maps in BFV are some of the worst BF maps ever. Twisted steel is okay, but honestly Arras is the only one that I really enjoy playing. I am mainly speaking about conquest here, the rest I only enjoy playing the smaller versions of on Domination.

I absolutely despise the new Panzerstorm map. Talk about a let down! It was advertised as an all out tank battle.....except there are hardly any tanks available. :rolleyes:

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Need some advice before I drop the hammer on yet another Battlefield game. My current rig is definitely dated, and being replaced soon. I currently have an i5 2500 which doesn't meet min specs, however I do have a GTX 1070Ti. Will the game run with this setup? 8GB of RAM.
Your CPU is a bit old you may be able to get away with medium settings but I would update your ram and CPU soon. It's not the best optimized game. I can keep mostly 90 and above frames at ultrawide 1440p but it definitely dips down a lot.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011

Yeah, that cpu would definitely get hammered.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Well that explains why I cant really tell a difference. Being used to BF1 I have no trouble killing people but its the feeling of dying so fast that is so annoying.

After playing for a while now I have to say that IMO the maps in BFV are some of the worst BF maps ever. Twisted steel is okay, but honestly Arras is the only one that I really enjoy playing. I am mainly speaking about conquest here, the rest I only enjoy playing the smaller versions of on Domination.

I absolutely despise the new Panzerstorm map. Talk about a let down! It was advertised as an all out tank battle.....except there are hardly any tanks available. :rolleyes:
The tank map does seem sparse on tanks. It's actually a good amount of planes on it too. I never seem to get any planes. I'd like to try them as I mapped a joystick to the controls for flying.

My impression was that everyone would get a tank but that's not the case. It's a pain to walk or run everywhere.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
It's very hard for me to take down people in bunches. The healing yourself part takes away that drop package and run for yourself mechanic of old.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
You can play conquest core playlist if you want the old ttk values. Unfortunately this is the only playlist that has the faster ttk mechanic. They have said they are looking to make changes again to both time to death and time to kill after the community complained.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
This is one of the harder BF's I've ever played. I remember at 2142, the bad company games, bf3 and bf1 I simply destroyed at with medic quite easily and consistently. This one is much tougher.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Any good sales yet? I got the 50% off deal for the consoles, but this is a PC only game for me.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Once they fix the damage and death server side changes it should be better. Right now if you can flank and are at medium range you still have a chance to get your opponent. If you use an smg you are just gonna get hitmarkers unless you are very close proximity. Same with the assault, I'm getting a lot more hit marker points than I was before where it would just be a kill.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018

If BF1 was anything to go by,that i5 2500 certainly will hold back that 1070ti even at 1440p scaled at least from what i saw when i had my 1070ti paired up with a i5 4460.I ended up swapping it out for a i5 8400 and when i tried some Origin premier BF5 ran pretty good but even that chip slightly bottlenecked at 1080p.Just made the upgrade to 1440p and may revisit the game again to test but honestly was not thrilled with it enough to buy.

Fair to assume your at 1440p? Sell off the i5 2500 and maybe jump on a i7 3770?If your at 1080p anything less then a i7 8700k oc prob is gonna hold back that 1070ti.

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
No still at 1080....I'm lagging behind in my PC builds.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Not really enjoying the new ttk changes. This week they are supposed to role out the core playlists for the other game modes which have the original ttk values.

Since I've played with the new values I noticed I was always at the bottom of the score board and when I played conquest core I was always near the top.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Not really enjoying the new ttk changes. This week they are supposed to role out the core playlists for the other game modes which have the original ttk values.

Since I've played with the new values I noticed I was always at the bottom of the score board and when I played conquest core I was always near the top.

Word is now they are revertingb back to the old TTK values across the board starting tomorrow. ALso changes coming up to "Vaulting and ledge grab (lots of stuff!), death experience (killcam included), soldier animations consistency/tracking, Weapon ADS when moving, scope glint, flare gun, ragdolls, Damage and health communication/awareness, "Netcode"... and more!!! "

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Word is now they are revertingb back to the old TTK values across the board starting tomorrow. ALso changes coming up to "Vaulting and ledge grab (lots of stuff!), death experience (killcam included), soldier animations consistency/tracking, Weapon ADS when moving, scope glint, flare gun, ragdolls, Damage and health communication/awareness, "Netcode"... and more!!! "

I hope they do. One of the main reasons for them to not have DLC anymore, was to not have a fractured base. Where some people can play this map, but not that map. They want everyone to be able to play any map. But yet they did this, to where there will be different servers that some will play on, and no other because of TTK being on some, and not on others. So its still a fractured base.

And Tides of War makes me a worse player, and hurts the actual game. Some of these challenges I have seen squads sit at a spawn point, and just hurt themselves, heal their buddies, and same with ammo. Over and over till they get their challenge done. Not helping one bit the actual game. I play alone all the time. and I have caught myself just following, but not helping, a squad mate to revive him when he died to complete a challenge. Building a snowman was the worst, several players just kept trying to build it when it was already built. Not helping their team at all. And you couldnt do it on every map, so you had to join and quit over and over to get it. Some you can get in the natural flow of the game, not so much for others. Then you are just grinding to get the challenge, while making your team suck.