Battlefield V

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hans Gruber

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2006
I was thinking my setup may be flawed. My BF5 has been crashing for no reason all over the place. No crash report it would just window out. If you thinking OCing issue. No and what is worse it has crashed in lobby as well. You really need 6 threads for BF5. When it works it's glorious. I thought my graphics card was a POS which is kind of is in 2020. But it still has legs and with my Ryzen 3600, no dropped frames anymore. My 3570k put up good frames for such an old chip. Benchmarks do not account for dropped frames. They simply count FPS.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
I was thinking my setup may be flawed. My BF5 has been crashing for no reason all over the place. No crash report it would just window out. If you thinking OCing issue. No and what is worse it has crashed in lobby as well. You really need 6 threads for BF5. When it works it's glorious. I thought my graphics card was a POS which is kind of is in 2020. But it still has legs and with my Ryzen 3600, no dropped frames anymore. My 3570k put up good frames for such an old chip. Benchmarks do not account for dropped frames. They simply count FPS.

Yeah,i had a 8700 shortly but when i lost interest in the game after that bad patch i traded my friend his 7700k for it as a bday gift as the 7700k works for everything else i actively play but BF5. I hated seeing him without the extra grunt he clearly needed. He is dang content but now i want 16 threads anyways for anything upcoming and was not interested in the furnace known as a 9900k anyways. Also mobo would not have supported a 9900k anyways.

BF5 loved to push all the threads on the 8700, its not exactly maxing out the 7700k oddly enough but its still a hitching stuttery mess at times. It's not unplayable but yeah when it comes to fps games,i value absolute smooth gameplay and that's not happening on the 7700k.

Last edited: