++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7455 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I had a sore arm since my sleep lab test, it's a bit better today. Must have placed it funny or something. Joys of getting old, sleep funny one night and it takes a few days to recover. :p I messed up my knee in my sleep once, had to get physiotherapy and everything lol.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Blood work in less than an hour, can't wait to get that done so I can eat something. They never really told me to fast but then the appointment was online so I never spoke with anyone. figured I'd fast to play it safe. Did not even have coffee.

Might pickup more CBD oil since it's in the same building, going to try a stronger one. Debating on trying something that also has THC.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I finally spotted the great horned owl nest that I knew had to be around. It’s in the hollowed out top of a tree trunk deep enough that mama can sit in it unseen.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Found on a ham radio subreddit. Imagine showing up on the radio with this call sign. lmao. Bet that vanity did not last long, surprised it got approved at all.

klrvlne90nu61.jpg

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
It's a pretty heatsink. Something to cool down my Sabrent M.2 SSD. My motherboard has a heatsink for the 980 Pro, but not the 2nd m.2 slot.

XpLOW3Mh.jpg

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I've got a nice amount of records, but I'd rather just play the digital. Doing that, I can play them anywhere. I don't have to clean them off. I don't have to flip them after side 1. I don't have to put them back in the jacket. If I only had the money to complete my server properly. I'd move all my media to diskless. That streaming box seemed nice, but I'd rather spend $500 elsewhere.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I've got a nice amount of records, but I'd rather just play the digital. Doing that, I can play them anywhere. I don't have to clean them off. I don't have to flip them after side 1. I don't have to put them back in the jacket. If I only had the money to complete my server properly. I'd move all my media to diskless. That streaming box seemed nice, but I'd rather spend $500 elsewhere.
All SSD?
:eek:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Stiff like a board this morning. The clenching was super bad last night. Makes my whole body stiff. Seeing physiotherapist today, so probably do the electrodes again to try to stimulate the jaw muscles.

I think I need to look into botox, that might be the ultimate fix. it's temporary but if I can at least make it stop for a few months it will help everything else loosen up and relax more and maybe it will be permanent.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Tried to make korokke, failed miserably cuz I had too much water in my potatoe. It just doesn't stay together.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Got up later than I wanted but sleeping in felt good. Been several weeks since I've been able to sleep in.

Woke up around 8:30 and was debating on getting up since I did get my 8 hours but I took too long to decide and fell back asleep. Had this weird dream, that I woke up and it was like 10:30 and I had a CRT TV in my room in the dream and it was on. I was thinking to myself "Did not really want to sleep in that much but it's better than sleeping past noon I guess". I was standing there for a while kinda wondering to myself if the TV had been on the whole time. There was some kind of art related documentary. It was showing a montage from a drone perspective of some kind of art installation in a desert and there was this sort of clothes line type thing but more like a giant partial circle where from the top end points the lines went, and from the lines there was a bunch of excavator buckets hanging off it, kind of like Christmas tree ornaments.

There was also this other dream at some point where I was on a tour bus in the middle of the bush and we stopped by this hydro pylon that was made out of wood logs, similar to some real ones but there was 4 posts into the ground instead of 2 and it was built up a bit more. The tour guide was explaining that it had some kind of spiritual significance because of some past tribes way back in the day, I don't really remember much about it, but we were going to go see it as if you touched it you could "read" what the past tribes had somehow spiritually put into it. I remember it was kind of leaning too and was thinking to myself if they put extra cross bracing they can probably stop it from falling over eventually.

Weird dreams man. I did take an extra dose of CBD and a pain killer last night lol, so I'm sure that helps.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I went to give my girl cat a bath this evening. I closed the boy in my office. Then I warmed up the water in the shower. I turned on the shower and then pushed the pause button on the wand/showerhead. I went and got my girl. She then proceeded to pee as I took her into the bathroom. Good grief.

After washing her off and drying her with a couple of towels, I had to clean the bathroom floor. I decided to wash the bathroom rugs. I decided to throw in the guest bathroom rugs as well. Set the clothes washer to heavy duty. Washer goes ding some time later. Take them out one by one. Snap shake the water of of them before hang drying them on the backs of my dining room chairs.

Problem. There's debris everywhere! What is it? I look in the washer. Yellow stuff everywhere! WTF?!! Now, I've got to clean out the washing machine. I'm hoping I haven't clogged up the washer. Finally figure out that all this mess is the rubber backing from the OLD bathroom rug set. Gross. What a mess. What was supposed to be the end of my housework was only the beginning. Ended up vacuuming the inside of the washer with the crevice attachment. At some point the drum (front loader) becomes harder to spin. I'm worried that I've ruined my washing machine. Thankfully, it starts to spin freely as I continue.

I'm thowing out the old bathroom rugs. Nasty.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Just ordered new bathroom rugs. Will move the current ones to the guest bathroom. The circle of life!

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Woke up to quite a lot of snow on the ground.

I can't wait for winter to be over. I hate the last few months of it. Don't know from one day to the next what's happening. The day before yesterday it was actually double digits in the positives.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Beautiful day. Sorry about your snow. I have the a/c on. Amazon delayed delivery of my new bathroom rugs to tomorrow.