++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7421 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Figured out part of it but it still makes no sense... going to give up for tonight. Actually wanted to go to bed early, so much for that. Won't be able to sleep anyway until I figure this out.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Not really, if this had worked it would not have been a problem.

Figured it out, so I was using http_build_query() to create a url string and it's that function that was behaving weirdly for some reason depending on where my class was being used. So I just wrote my own function to replace it. Sometimes using built in functions is not always the way to go I guess.

Reactions: bigboxes

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I don't need a new computer but the new Asus TR-Pro motherboard specs look pretty nifty. A TB of memory would make a nice RAM drive.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Just got my disability claim (COVID-19) approved by the insurance company. I'll probably go back to work on Monday. I'm really getting bored all couped up at home.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Replaced my UPS batteries today. Had them for a week and a half and finally got around to it. Been feeling fatigued and wanted to make sure I have been resting enough.

Took my late wife's computer and peripherals out of the computer desk. Planning on giving away the desk and the chair. Will keep the monitor and computer for backup parts. I will try to see if anyone wants the computer speakers. It's an old 5.1 computer speakers from Yamaha. I thought they would be better than the 2.0 ones I had. Nope. I hated the subwoofer being so boomy and the plastic cubes sounded like garbage. My wife usually got the hand-me-downs. So, she got only 2 of the satellites and the sub. The thing is you have to hook it up to a freestanding preamp. It's cheap. Funny, I paid $250 for the set when it was new. I think I replaced them with some Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 set.

Will work on backing up her data before I wipe the computer. I promised her I would do that. Then, I'm putting the monitor back into it's original box to become my back monitor. After I decide exactly what to give away, trash or keep I'm going to give that desk and chair away. I don't need that taking up my bedroom space. I already have two high back chairs in my office.

I also have an APC UPS. It's a 1000VA model. Not sure which one. I replaced the batteries on that only once. I wonder how old it is and if I need to replace the batteries in that unit. I'm not going to replace them whatever the case as I don't have a need for the UPS. I've got two CyberPower 1500VA models in my office.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Replacement battery for my ups

That is for one module consisting of 15 batteries. The main ups has one module and the expansions have two.

Last edited:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
but since I have 2 ups and 2 expansion, that means I have 1 spare ups and 5 spare battery packs.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Reactions: bigboxes

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I am using actual commercial UPS, not home cooked fire hazard

Even commercial stuff can catch on fire. Only difference is that it's a more expensive fire. :p

Say what you will about LTT but they were using a commercial grade UPS.

Shit happens.

You do want a hydrogen sensor if you're dealing with big batteries though.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Even commercial stuff can catch on fire. Only difference is that it's a more expensive fire. :p

Say what you will about LTT but they were using a commercial grade UPS.

Shit happens.

You do want a hydrogen sensor if you're dealing with big batteries though.

err that is because those idiots did not follow installation guide...

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
That's a small risk I'm willing to take. Even with insurance it's very hard to fight for coverage as they'll try to point it to something you did wrong. You can't just stop a hobby because you're worried about insurance. There are people that build their own power walls or do even more crazy stuff. Got to live.