++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7418 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I replaced the kitchen faucet today. Took me about 2.5 hours from start to cleanup. I was going to do the job last weekend, but I went to turnoff the hot water shutoff valve and black water starting leaking everywhere. Then it clogged up the faucet (the one I was replacing). Had to wait to get the hot water shutoff valve replaced. That was fixed a few days ago. Put it off until today.

uOjfo4Yh.jpg

Reactions: shortylickens

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I did good by buying my lumber a few weeks ago, looks like it's going up again. A 2x4 was $4.98 when I bought it, and now it's $5.95. Did not really track all the other dimensions but I assume they scale about the same.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Just ordered some new batteries for my UPS (x2) in my office. My runtime was very short the last power outage we had. I should be able to run for 45 minutes with everything on. Probably the biggest drain (outside of the computers) is the big ass monitor.

I checked the order date and it's been almost four years since I ordered. No wonder they have been running flaky. Funny how I give others the advice to replace their UPS batteries and I overlook my own.

I remember posting ITT about replacing them the last time. Time has been flying.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Just ordered some new batteries for my UPS (x2) in my office. My runtime was very short the last power outage we had. I should be able to run for 45 minutes with everything on. Probably the biggest drain (outside of the computers) is the big ass monitor.

I checked the order date and it's been almost four years since I ordered. No wonder they have been running flaky. Funny how I give others the advice to replace their UPS batteries and I overlook my own.

I remember posting ITT about replacing them the last time. Time has been flying.

It was cheaper for me to buy off lease commercial ups than replace the batteries in mu upses. That is how I ended up with my Eatons

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
IMG_20191014_165051.jpg

Thare is one more of that one and four expansions.
I paid C$360 including taxes and 15% buyer premium for all six modules and two 42u racks.

Oh yeah, two PDUs as well.

Last edited:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I paid $150 for a set of two battery packs. Each one is made of of two batteries. I don't really have room for a rack.

Each of those can stand on its side and pretend to be a normal ups. Also, the UPS is 5.5 kVa, much bigger than what you have.

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
You're not serious about UPSes until you have marine batteries involved. :p

The actual UPS:

I'm down to 3 batteries though, those ones don't seem to last long, they tend to die from shorted cell. Going to go with golf cart batteries or even bigger solar rated batteries eventually.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I am so lazy... ordered a google play email gift card from amazon.ca

Don't feel like giving google play store a credit card.