• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7418 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
IMG_20191014_165051.jpg

Thare is one more of that one and four expansions.
I paid C$360 including taxes and 15% buyer premium for all six modules and two 42u racks.

Oh yeah, two PDUs as well.

Last edited:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I paid $150 for a set of two battery packs. Each one is made of of two batteries. I don't really have room for a rack.
Each of those can stand on its side and pretend to be a normal ups. Also, the UPS is 5.5 kVa, much bigger than what you have.

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.uovalor.com
You're not serious about UPSes until you have marine batteries involved. :p

The actual UPS:

I'm down to 3 batteries though, those ones don't seem to last long, they tend to die from shorted cell. Going to go with golf cart batteries or even bigger solar rated batteries eventually.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I am so lazy... ordered a google play email gift card from amazon.ca

Don't feel like giving google play store a credit card.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
February 10, 2014. I was picking up pizza from the other side of town. It was that good.

It was around 8pm. It was dark outside. Chilly.

I was crossing the Fielder Road bridge when I hit black ice that just formed as the temps dipped below freezing. Yup. I was the first one to hit the black ice. Lucky me.

I started to fishtail as I reached the crest. I know not to overreact on the brakes and steering to make it worse. But I ricocheted off the center dividing concrete ridge, sending me down the embankment on the other side. I hit air for a brief moment. I rode it out, coming to a stop when I t-boned the guardrail of the feeder road below.

Air bags deploy. I walk out without a scratch. Then the engine catches fire. I grab my valuables out of the car. The fire goes out fairly quickly.

I spent the next four hours waiting with police and then the wrecker. I could have died. The next vehicle after me (a full sized Suburban) wrecked and was disabled. We share a tow. It made for a long night. The police closed the bridge after that.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
February 10, 2014. I was picking up pizza from the other side of town. It was that good.

It was around 8pm. It was dark outside. Chilly.

I was crossing the Fielder Road bridge when I hit black ice that just formed as the temps dipped below freezing. Yup. I was the first one to hit the black ice. Lucky me.

I started to fishtail as I reached the crest. I know not to overreact on the brakes and steering to make it worse. But I ricocheted off the center dividing concrete ridge, sending me down the embankment on the other side. I hit air for a brief moment. I rode it out, coming to a stop when I t-boned the guardrail of the feeder road below.

Air bags deploy. I walk out without a scratch. Then the engine catches fire. I grab my valuables out of the car. The fire goes out fairly quickly.

I spent the next four hours waiting with police and then the wrecker. I could have died. The next vehicle after me (a full sized Suburban) wrecked and was disabled. We share a tow. It made for a long night. The police closed the bridge after that.

I guess the pizza was worth it? You got very lucky to walk away from that.

ASK THE COMMUNITY