++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 504 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
I finally told my wife "no more" drinks out except on rare occasions. We have a full bar at home and usually beer as well, so she can drink to her heart's content with stuff we already bought.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
On our winery tours a couple of weekends ago, we bought a case of wine -- or more specifically, 11 bottles of wine and 1 bottle of hard cider. We have a ton of wine at home and need to start drinking it.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
On our winery tours a couple of weekends ago, we bought a case of wine -- or more specifically, 11 bottles of wine and 1 bottle of hard cider. We have a ton of wine at home and need to start drinking it.

I keep two bottles. I just hate how fast they go bad once opened...

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
My bar so far...

Absolute Vodka
kilo kai rum
sailor jerry rum
the kraken rum
tanqueray rangpur gin
Bombay Dry gin
Tripple sec
Razzmatazz
Vermouth
2 bottles of wine

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
I'm not a wine connosieur. I go taste wine and if I like it, I buy a bottle or two. I probably bought 6 bottles myself. Maybe this weekend I'll starting drinking some.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
My bar so far...

Absolute Vodka
kilo kai rum
sailor jerry rum
the kraken rum
tanqueray rangpur gin
Bombay Dry gin
Tripple sec
Razzmatazz
Vermouth
2 bottles of wine

We've got vodka, gin, vermouth, 3 or 4 kinds of rum (like you do), triple sec, tequila (a couple kinds, I think), whiskey (Johnnie Walker Black), and my favorite, cachaca. Along with 25 bottles of wine or so and we usually have some sort of beer on hand. Unfortunately, in the bar fridge we have Bud Light (yuck) but I also have a growler of Black Swan Porter. :awe:

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
I bought two bottles of an interesting cherry wine. You can mix it with Sprite for a spritzer that was surprisingly good.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Vodka for us is usually either Sky, Absolute, or Smirnoff (whichever is on sale). We have a bottle of Grey Goose that a friend gave us as a house warming gift but since we tend to drink mixed drinks, cheaper vodka is better for that.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
We've got vodka, gin, vermouth, 3 or 4 kinds of rum (like you do), triple sec, tequila (a couple kinds, I think), whiskey (Johnnie Walker Black), and my favorite, cachaca. Along with 25 bottles of wine or so and we usually have some sort of beer on hand. Unfortunately, in the bar fridge we have Bud Light (yuck) but I also have a growler of Black Swan Porter. :awe:

We have a couple martini mixer things and margarita mix

In the fridge I've 10 bottles PBR and 5 bottles of Stella Artois

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
We have a couple martini mixer things and margarita mix

In the fridge I've 10 bottles PBR and 5 bottles of Stella Artois

We might have a couple of PBRs left -- that is my wife's preferred beer. She is such a hipster!

The mixer things are pretty good -- we found some on sale and got some for margaritas, mai tais, and mojitos.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
I'm not a wine connosieur. I go taste wine and if I like it, I buy a bottle or two. I probably bought 6 bottles myself. Maybe this weekend I'll starting drinking some.

I'm new to wine. So far my favorite is a 2005 merlot but I'm trying different types of wine. Haven't found a white wine that I like...

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
My wife made this incredible punch last NYE. It was like drinking candy and I got completely drunk off it alone -- not to mention the beers I drank too.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
I'm new to wine. So far my favorite is a 2005 merlot but I'm trying different types of wine. Haven't found a white wine that I like...

I prefer white and I like sweet wines. Gertz (I won't even try to spell it out) is good and I tried a Vidal Blanc that I really liked on our wine tour, along with a few others. Riesling isn't too bad but I like them sweeter.

EDIT: Gewurztraminer is what I was thinking.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
Vodka for us is usually either Sky, Absolute, or Smirnoff (whichever is on sale). We have a bottle of Grey Goose that a friend gave us as a house warming gift but since we tend to drink mixed drinks, cheaper vodka is better for that.

We are not vodka fans... Explains why we have absolute.

I should pick up a bottle of cachaca how much does a decent bottle run for?

We might have a couple of PBRs left -- that is my wife's preferred beer. She is such a hipster!

The mixer things are pretty good -- we found some on sale and got some for margaritas, mai tais, and mojitos.

I don't remember why I liked PBR so much. Probably because I was in Athens, GA when I tried it for the first time. Hipster capital of georgia

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
We are not vodka fans... Explains why we have absolute.

I should pick up a bottle of cachaca how much does a decent bottle run for?

About $20 for a bottle of 51 brand. Google caipirinha and make those -- it is my favorite mixed drink.

I don't remember why I liked PBR so much. Probably because I was in Athens, GA when I tried it for the first time. Hipster capital of georgia

It really isn't that bad -- I just give my wife shit about it. I am a beer snob, but PBR is like nectar of the gods compared to abominations like Coors.