++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 470 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
The car's radio, center console, shifter, and glovebox are sitting all over the backseat. The V1 has been attached via suction cup to the windshield - not ideal by any means. The wire for it is in the headliner, down the A pillar, behind the glovebox, and under the radio. The ashtray has been torn apart in preparation for tomorrow's opening salvo - securing the concealed display inside of it. There's no good way to stash the concealed display, but the ashtray seems to be the best of the bad options list. The shifter has been reversed, and some crude marking replacements have been done, though I'm not happy with how those came out. The freaking concealed display wire sucks, it's a left-hand wire, in a country where everything is LHD.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Trip odometer got wiped at exactly 920.0 miles. Clock is fucked up. Radio went a little nuts, but it seems to be recovering. I don't know what the GPS is going to say yet.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
New computer :D

ryZRu.png

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
would the $60 be worth it for the i7?

i7-2600k + UD3H-B3 for $350
or i5 2500K for $290

Depends. The i7 has hyperthreading so you can do 8 threads at once. For most applications, it won't matter but I intend on working with VMs, etc. and thought it was worth the premium especially since I wasn't paying for it out-of-pocket anyway. :awe:

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
Depends. The i7 has hyperthreading so you can do 8 threads at once. For most applications, it won't matter but I intend on working with VMs, etc. and thought it was worth the premium especially since I wasn't paying for it out-of-pocket anyway. :awe:

I ended up getting the i7 :D

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
I am using my Xigmatek RS-1283 from my old E8400 build. When I reseated it after my botched H60 install attempt, it did drop the temp another couple of degrees.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
The project is done.

Pull the kickplate and knee protector apart, set up some power wires, secure the power module, put the concealed display into the ashtray. Ashtray now needs a little encouragement to open fully. Button everything together again, and voila, car is finished.

V1 has power, so it's back to working, display is fine, audio works. Shifter function has been swapped, and really, as has been said before, it's not a mod, it's a fix. It's a natural movement now. The hardest part is NOT burying the throttle and just screaming up.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Which is a good thing, considering I've put quite a bit on my credit card again - school parking (hahaha) and a textbook (custom to make sure they get your money).

Need fuel this week.

Want to get something of a sound system in the shed, considering the CD stereo out there is dying, and still have to figure out the detailing. Also, heat for the shed is probably going to reach $200.