++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 8056 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Got my Lenovo M910q. Decent little machine, especially for the price. I'm having issues installing latest version of Linux Mint on it but was able to get everything to work with a live CD of an older version. Jellyfin is much more responsive than it was on a RPI too. I'll play with that more tomorrow and if I can't get it going I'll just put the older version on it and call it a day.

Considering the cost of these it's hardly worth even considering to do a custom build anymore unless you are adding a big GPU. If I went back to single monitor I could probably even daily one of these.

eldorado99

Lifer
Feb 16, 2004
Had a buddy over for the spring game (Nebraska football) today. Drank beer and ate pizza. Toppings: hand-sliced pepperoni, Italian sausage, pecan smoked sausage.

Up4nGA9.jpg

Fb28lhY.jpg
need to know your cheese blend!

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Years back I lowered my internet to lowest tier as I was doing what I can to reduce all my monthly expenses.

Figured I'd call because plans change all the time and I was able to basically get 4x the speed for around the same price. Went from 20mbps to 80mbps. Won't be active until next week as they do need to send a tech with a new modem. Probably not actually needed but figured I'd opt to go with that to be safe. I'm bypassing the modem entirely but maybe my setup will break.

Was downloading Linux ISOs (like, actually Linux) and it was taking a while and figured it's time to get a faster speed.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
need to know your cheese blend!
I just used low-moisture whole milk mozzarella. I had one slice of provolone left. I cut it into fourths to put on top of everything before I put it into the oven. Went to tend to something else and when I returned my friend had eaten one of the pieces. I'm like WTF. I had no more. Not a big deal. Provolone tends to brown easier and gives a nice whiter look to the pizza. I'm thinking of getting a block of provolone and doing a mix of 75/25 mozz/provolone and see how that turns out. Each week I play around with some variable.