++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 8055 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Had large hail yesterday. Golf ball sized. Then the sirens went off for a tornado warning. That cleared up and then there were two tornadoes south of DFW. Then, I got word that Lincoln and Omaha were being hit. Nuts.

In Lincoln
lW4wz0xl.jpg

qW8asTOl.jpg

Then the storm moved on to Omaha. I believe this was just west of Omaha in Elkhart. Waterloo was all but destroyed.

https://twitter.com/TheCalvinCooli1...83971971429957756|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Had a buddy over for the spring game (Nebraska football) today. Drank beer and ate pizza. Toppings: hand-sliced pepperoni, Italian sausage, pecan smoked sausage.

Up4nGA9.jpg

Fb28lhY.jpg

Reactions: IronWing

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Finally decided to get the ball rolling to get some of my land cleared. I was looking at just continuing doing it by hand but summer is coming quick and the more I think about it, it's just unrealistic. Only get so many days off with good weather in a given summer. Maybe like 10. Once it's clear, it will just make it easier to bring a camper there and then I can overnight more, and even further into winter as it won't be as cold as a tent.

Talked to a company and they'll go check it out in a week or so to give me a rough estimate and also check if the trees are worth anything to them as they will buy them which will reduce the cost. They figure even if I pay it fully, to get a few acres done it would probably be under 10 grand. So I might just bite the bullet and pay it if the trees don't end up yielding enough money. This will really help me fast track actually getting to a point where I can build something.

I have a week off coming soon so I might take a few days to go there so I can start to explore it more. I did map out an area I want to clear in GIS but I want to actually walk that area to make sure it's not too low or anything like that. I won't bother overnighting like I did last year, it just takes too much time and effort to pack everything. It's actually faster to drive there than it is to pack/unpack everything. Way less stuff to bring when I go for just the day.