++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7858 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
BTW, my "meow" seems to be close enough to something they recognize that they always turn to look. The ones inured to it might not but all of the nubies do.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Talk to me BB. That's one of my cousin's nicknames - courtesy of moi. Stands for bonbon which I ripped off from Vampire Diaries.

It's sort of weird. I've never paid much attention to seasons and certainly not the arc of the sun. But for some reason, I am this year. No obvious explanation - that I can think of.

Anyway, right now at almost 10am in central jersey, sun is directly at the East side of the house which makes it about due SE, maybe ESE. So the back porch and the epicenter of all of the fun critter antics has no cover except the eaves. And therefore earlier in the morning, every morning, the back "underside" of the house gets full sun. I have neighbors but the bkyd is pretty well obscured except for maybe 1.5 neighbors. So I had been thinking about planting papaver somnifera. But that was never really going to work for obvious reasons. heehee.

edit: OK, I hate when peeps do that kind of shit so here's a giveaway hint - harvest time. And while I'm not normally a fan of taxonomic systems generally (even if they are indispensable), that might be a good one to know.

Last edited:

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Damn, the Russians can't even manage to overwhelm Kyiv's missle defenses. Of course that's wonderful just so f'ing pathetic.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I'm going to try to watch all of the Eastwood spaghetti westerns today. I had watched Good, Bad and Ugly recently and I was really impressed. I mean it was sloppy and partially dubbed (Italian actors) but the story and resolution were quite good. Just my opinion though.

Just started Joe Kid and there was already one issue I'm too lazy to describe but I'm going to see if this one also stands up to mild scrutiny.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Visited the wife today. It was her 55th birthday. It was a little difficult getting into the cemetery with it being Memorial Day and all. I thought I'd have trouble finding a parking space. Lucky for me there were a couple right in front of our section.

wsGMyq1.jpg

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Not fond of cemeteries. It's not traumatic or anything. And there are plenty of loved ones there. Mom even got one of those double occupancy pigeon holes. That's my future home if I ever bother telling anyone here about it.

I'm way, way beyond denying my own mortality though. I'm just not all that concerned about what happens to my corpse.

It's sort of weird. On this particular antidepressant (not going to shill for it but happy to share) I can't say I don't feel much. I just watched Fist Full of Dollars and laughed my ass off. It just seems to eliminate the negative emotions. Not sure that's really possible but one can't deny one's own perceptions.

edit: There's a good chance it's just the brain damage. It's much more complicated than that but feeling this way isn't completely alien to me.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Not fond of cemeteries. It's not traumatic or anything. And there are plenty of loved ones there. Mom even got one of those double occupancy pigeon holes. That's my future home if I ever bother telling anyone here about it.

I'm way, way beyond denying my own mortality though. I'm just not all that concerned about what happens to my corpse.

It's sort of weird. On this particular antidepressant (not going to shill for it but happy to share) I can't say I don't feel much. I just watched Fist Full of Dollars and laughed my ass off. It just seems to eliminate the negative emotions. Not sure that's really possible but one can't deny one's own perceptions.

edit: There's a good chance it's just the brain damage. It's much more complicated than that but feeling this way isn't completely alien to me.
I hope you are in a good place. We're all just trying to get through this life. @IronWing with his owl buddies. @Red Squirrel and his poutine. @sdifox and his minivan down by the river.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
This around the time of year that we get the street "henge" effect - the setting sun lines up perfectly with the street at some point in its declining arc. Just before the great scarab god Khepri comes to roll the little sun disc thru the underworld.

A lot of cities with true-ish East-West streets like NYC have something like Manhattan-henge.