++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7499 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
My 3kw inverter just came in. :D I just realized I have absolutely no source of 24vdc at the moment to try this with at least not with any load (computer PSUs do provide 24v but very low current). I was planing to buy batteries anyway so guess I'll go do that now. Going to get 4 golf cart batteries at Canadian Tire. This inverter supposedly has an 18 month warranty so I have 18 months to throw everything at it to make sure it will work properly. If it passes all my tests then at least I know this one will be suitable off grid too. This one is for my shed and to have backup power for the house. Kind of overkill for that but figured why not. :p

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca

Bought the batteries too. Suckers are fairly heavy and awkward because there's no handle on them. Was a bit worried to spill acid on myself but think the caps seal decently well. I guess they must have pressure vents so they can still vent the hydrogen.

Really I almost need to use these for my servers then use the older server UPS batteries for the solar.. But when I reconfigure stuff the solar will basically also double as UPS duty.

Have not made a youtuve video in a while I might actually make a "live" review of it as I test loads to see how well it holds up. I think tomorrow I will rewire everything in the shed and then setup the inverter.

AMD64Blondie

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2013
With apologies to the late Glenn Frey...The Heat is On.

Forecast highs for tomorrow (Wednesday,Aug.11,2021) thru Saturday(Aug.14,2021)

are 98 degrees F on Wednesday,104 degrees F on Thursday, and 105 degrees F on Friday. Then,97 degrees F on Saturday.

Overnight lows are going to be in the 70s on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

Thank god for air conditioning.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Holy crap. :eek:

Man this is sad.

I don't think the names have officially been released yet but from what I heard it's someone worked for the network department at my workplace so I knew him. He had Huntington disease so his qualify of life had been detoriating, he lost his wife a few years ago to cancer just to add insult to injury. All around got dealt horrible cards at life. I'm going to guess he could not handle it anymore and did not want his kids to go through it either (it's genetic) so he took them with him. :(

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
With apologies to the late Glenn Frey...The Heat is On.

Forecast highs for tomorrow (Wednesday,Aug.11,2021) thru Saturday(Aug.14,2021)

are 98 degrees F on Wednesday,104 degrees F on Thursday, and 105 degrees F on Friday. Then,97 degrees F on Saturday.

Overnight lows are going to be in the 70s on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

Thank god for air conditioning.

That's brutal hot. It's been starting to cool off here. Mostly just rain now and leaves are starting to turn yellow. I need to redo the racking for my shed solar panels before the snow comes. Want to tilt them so snow can fall off more easily. Also want to run power to the house from the shed, but price of copper is crazy right now so I may end up waiting and just using an extension cord for now lol.

Stiff Clamp

Feb 3, 2021
Left a single facebook comment on American Indians (not a post, a comment) and, ever since, facebook is pestering me WEEKS later with these Indian photos as "suggested for you" items. Why? It was 2 weeks ago! One post! Now I'm supposed to have a deep abiding interest in natives?

indianpost.jpg

Also I commented on a shared Nolan Ryan post, and FB is hounding me with suggestions of washed-up sports celebs.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I just bought wood property here in Ontario, my oldest nephew is going to be moving out and staying in New Brunswick. Facebook now thinks I'm trying to find land in New Brunswick.

I went to visit my new property with a friend, and casually mentioned I'll want to get the soil tested to make sure there's no chemicals. The government has been spraying roundup on all the forests which is pretty horrible. Lot of people fighting to try to stop them. So after that conversation I open my phone and first thing I see is a petition to stop the spraying of chemicals in Ontario.

Shows how much our phones listen to us though, it's crazy.

• Wow
Reactions: Stiff Clamp

Stiff Clamp

Feb 3, 2021
I just bought wood property here in Ontario, my oldest nephew is going to be moving out and staying in New Brunswick. Facebook now thinks I'm trying to find land in New Brunswick.

I went to visit my new property with a friend, and casually mentioned I'll want to get the soil tested to make sure there's no chemicals. The government has been spraying roundup on all the forests which is pretty horrible. Lot of people fighting to try to stop them. So after that conversation I open my phone and first thing I see is a petition to stop the spraying of chemicals in Ontario.

Shows how much our phones listen to us though, it's crazy.
Disinformation, man. It's the only way. Phones will believe literally anything. I'm using a flip-phone from 2011. hahah, imagine that.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I'd love if I could get a flip phone that has a good camera comparable to a smart phone, and full keyboard so I can text half decently. That's all I really want in a phone honestly. I do use google maps and the browser a lot but I could live without it.

Lot of that stuff I could also do with a laptop such as maps, if I got a GPS antenna. At least I could run Linux which is 100x more trustworthy than a phone OS.