++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7289 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Speaking of insurance I've been looking to try to find a better rate for the house and car, but seems I get the same pretty much everywhere I get quoted. $180 is what I'm paying now. Was $170 a few months ago then it went up for no reason.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Another interesting property popped up. A little north from here, maybe 45 minute drive, looks to be road accessible but they don't mention it. Unorganized township, 140 acres, already has a small cabin and a dug well. Lots of lakes in the area. 75k. That's on the very high end of what I can afford but it's a pretty good one... there also appears to be a small creek passing through at one end.

I can technically afford it with the credit line, and I got 32k in ESP shares through my company. Those will go up wen the pandemic is over and they start rolling out 5G in more areas.

Very tempting....

But I wonder if I will regret buying something with no lake front. Just don't find very many of those. A lot of them in campgrounds, but you don't really own that land and have to pay a yearly fee. I rather own.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I need to do a serious cleanup in there when this is done. That's kind of the plan though, I want to put shelves and actually organize stuff properly instead of having it all on the ground. I have lot of stuff in my house just shoved in random closets since I don't have a proper place for it, it's all going to go down there once the shelves are in.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I'm driving home today and I hear some noise as I'm braking. But the noise was not always repeatable. I was really getting worried. The last thing I needed was a must-do repair. I was tired as I had worked all day. Well, after dinner I checked out the left rear wheel and saw that it was just a mud flap that had come free of one of it's mounting screws.

I was able to use my new coredless impact wrench. Let's just say those lug nuts were coming off whether they wanted to or not. Put a big grin on my face. Probably be better if turned down the speed, but the medium setting was louder as you could easily hear the hammering. The fastest setting took them off like a pit crew. LOL.

LGukGMBl.jpg

I just used a screwdriver and took off what was left of the mutilated mud flap. Slapped back on the tire. I used the lowest setting to put on the lug nuts and the 4-way to snug em without over torquing them. That's the way the tire shop should do it. I figure I should be able to install my own wheel studs with this tool the next time that Discount Tire effs them up. They make you beg for a voucher for some other unaffiliated repair shop to do the job. I had this place quote me $250 for one wheel stud. Insane. Then you got to go back to the tire shop and act disgruntled just to get the voucher. We're talking about a $10 or less part.

7rkZXWcl.jpg

X2vbkPal.jpg

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Paint is done!

Done with this project for now. Once I do my garage shop I want to build shelving units to go under there and start seriously organizing stuff better.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
SOB half the footage for this video is missing. Second time this happens. It just vanishes, makes no sense whatsoever. I always copy it to the project folder as I go and keep it on the SD card but somehow both copies are gone.

Last edited:

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Squirrel, if you were to guess, what do you think is the issue here? Memory card? Reader? Device? Code? Sorry for your loss.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Squirrel, if you were to guess, what do you think is the issue here? Memory card? Reader? Device? Code? Sorry for your loss.

No idea since I copy the files over and even the copies vanish. It's the weirdest thing. I think I will start editing my videos as I go instead of waiting until I'm done that way if I run into missing footage I can just re-record it.

Speaking of which, video is uploaded:

Just finished a cleanup on one side of the basement where all my tools are. Had lot of stuff opened up, taken out, on the ground etc. So put everything back. Also put the plates on the plugs. I won't go as far as putting baseboards but that would basically be the only thing left in there. Add a sink and toilet and that whole space would probably rent out for like $2,800/mo in the GTA. :p

AMD64Blondie

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2013
Yikes...Monday was my first day back at work(I work at Portland State University) in 3 months.

Campus had been shut down because of the coronavirus.

Felt so weird being back at work after so much time off.

Reactions: bigboxes

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Finally, got my sway bar end links. I'm going to be changing out the passenger side axl and both control arms and sway bar end links. Hopefully, Saturday is looking good. Plus, my new 3/8" drive impact wrench was waiting by the door when I got home, along with the end links.

KPIkWXIl.jpg

Kr0lZ2ll.jpg

RoGhM1Tl.jpg