++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7191 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
How come the army doesn't issue safety vests to the troops? Those things render the wearer immune to all injury.

Seriously though, who the f' spots in front of a tank driven by a bunch of old farts who may have never driven a tank before?

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
How come the army doesn't issue safety vests to the troops? Those things render the wearer immune to all injury.

Seriously though, who the f' spots in front of a tank driven by a bunch of old farts who may have never driven a tank before?

You in the reserves?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Well that was nice, managed to do 9 hours of OT. Quebec has been blowing up all day, we have over 50 sites without power so went over to help out manage all that.

So this OT will at least pay for part of my starter. Got my truck back, bill is at around $500.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Well that was nice, managed to do 9 hours of OT. Quebec has been blowing up all day, we have over 50 sites without power so went over to help out manage all that.

So this OT will at least pay for part of my starter. Got my truck back, bill is at around $500.

Shouldn't insurance cover that?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Shouldn't insurance cover that?

Not really worth going through insurance as I think that's about what my deductible is. Even if my premium does not go up THIS time, it might next time I need to do a bigger claim. Better to save my "freebie" for something that's really worth it.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
What we really need is a better camera system at work. I brought it up for our next general meeting. Not only is the quality of the current system crap, but the software itself is crap. Very finicky to work with and half the time it does not trigger properly. It basically missed recording the entire night it happened.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Not really worth going through insurance as I think that's about what my deductible is. Even if my premium does not go up THIS time, it might next time I need to do a bigger claim. Better to save my "freebie" for something that's really worth it.
Your freebie claim is about at fault. You are not at fault for this.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Your freebie claim is about at fault. You are not at fault for this.

Oh that's good to know, I thought it didn't matter who was at fault. Either way for $500 it was not worth it. If it was $1000 then I probably would.

Either way I definitely need to figure out how to prevent this from happening again otherwise they'll just keep doing it. Thinking some kind of laser based perimeter around the truck that is powered by an auxiliary battery. At first I would just monitor it for triggers. Once I feel it's accurate and does not go off over the most mundane thing, I would make it trigger an actual loud alarm. Could probably make it generate it's own wifi network and I connect to it with my phone and then it will just send me an alert or something.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Was going to work on my deck but it turned into an impromptu shed cleanup as I had tons of stuff from the garage in there taking up space. My snow blower is all the way at the end and there was tons of stuff from the garage in front of it so I moved all that stuff back to the garage and also got the snow blower out. Built a crude ramp to load the snow blower in/out of the garage. (I got like 4 inches of extra floor now). It's still kinda wet snow right now with it threatening to turn to rain so didn't want to take out any major power tools and all this stuff had to be done anyway.

Also realized that I might be able to slightly redesign it so I don't need to use joist hangers. That will save lot of time and Esti'd tabarnaks. (when you miss the nail with the hammer and hit your finger). Basically it looks like there is enough height to work with so I can put the joists on top of the beams instead of flush. So if they sit on top, no need for joist hangers. Already bought the box of 100 joist hangers though...

Either way, was a productive day even if I didn't do what I wanted lol.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Experiment in progress nef. well it's not really an experiment since I know the end result, but it will make a fun time lapse. :p

Soldered a LED to a dead(ish) coin cell battery and dropped it in water.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
brother's 3700X built and Win 10 installed.

had it hooked up to my Vizio P65-f1 as monitor lol

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
5K on MC. No, that doesn't have wife's new iphone on it, that would be the next statement...

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002

B's play at the Habs on Tuesday. Love to beat the Habs more than anyone. It's been forever since the Habs have been good. Well, that's ok. The B's will just have to represent the Original Six.
pQZ6QaY.png

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
B's play at the Habs on Tuesday. Love to beat the Habs more than anyone. It's been forever since the Habs have been good. Well, that's ok. The B's will just have to represent the Original Six.
pQZ6QaY.png

Sadly can't deny that. They still hold the Stanley Cup record but that's because at one point they were actually good and there were less teams. :p

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Sadly can't deny that. They still hold the Stanley Cup record but that's because at one point they were actually good and there were less teams. :p

They are the Yankees of hockey. It's an organizational thing. Not sure what their problem is.