++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7037 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Arg all my apps are timing out at same time, it's ridiculous how it does that. There should not be time outs on NOC applications.

As I try to open stuff I have more stuff timing out. Can't keep up. I swear half my job is just logging in to stuff lol.

Last edited:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I have a 3ccd minidv camcorder that I bought in 2003? Never edited tge footage nor tranafered the footage out. Phone camcorder is good enough for daily use.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
vlogging and stuff. It's nice to have something that can be mounted on a tripod. DSLR has a recording limit so is not that practical either.

This camcorder supports time lapse too, kinda curious how it will compare to the gopro.

Err 29min is not long enough for you? You can always use the dslr as a webcam and record that on your computer.

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Or I can just use a tool that's right for the job without compromises. :p

DSLRs in video mode lack auto focus, a front facing LCD, and ability to record a long time. Phone lacks a way to mount on a tripod. Camcorder fixes all of these issues. Hopefully the quality will be better than the phone too but not sure if it will beat the DSLR. But autofocus will make up for that. With DSLR you have to prefocus and hope you don't move out of focus through the video. For shooting stuff that's in front then you can adjust focus as you go so it's not AS bad, but camcorder is still going to be better. Oddly enough I use manual focus when taking pictures most of the time but for video it's good to have auto.

Once I get deeper into project vlogs I'll probably end up using all camera options in different ways based on the situation.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Or I can just use a tool that's right for the job without compromises. :p

DSLRs in video mode lack auto focus, a front facing LCD, and ability to record a long time. Phone lacks a way to mount on a tripod. Camcorder fixes all of these issues. Hopefully the quality will be better than the phone too but not sure if it will beat the DSLR. But autofocus will make up for that. With DSLR you have to prefocus and hope you don't move out of focus through the video. For shooting stuff that's in front then you can adjust focus as you go so it's not AS bad, but camcorder is still going to be better. Oddly enough I use manual focus when taking pictures most of the time but for video it's good to have auto.

Once I get deeper into project vlogs I'll probably end up using all camera options in different ways based on the situation.

70D has video autofocus

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
70D has video autofocus

But that's not the DSLR I have. If I'm going to buy another device with intention of using it for video it only makes sense to get a camcorder.

In the future when I'm ready to pay more I do want to look at getting a good mirrorless DSLR though and at that point I'd consider the video capabilities too when picking one.