++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 547 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eldorado99

Lifer
Feb 16, 2004
I wasn't sure if you'd seen it.

I fix lots of things at work for them, and Saturday, I was told to fix the price guns. I tried to fix them, and ended up tearing one of them into about thirty little pieces. The boss called and said to stop fixing them, do other things, so I bagged the pieces and left a note. He came in Sunday, flipped out, and scribbled on the note pay $150.

It's illegal to make deductions or force payment, but I expected him to demand it anyways, I obviously wouldn't give in. He can fire me for it, but given the personnel shortages we have, and the upcoming busy season, I felt pretty safe.

The end result is the younger boss was there, he was a little... puzzled, by the debris, and said it just needed to be put back together. So I took another hour tonight, put it all back together, it still isn't fully functional, but it's back to the same level it was on Saturday, so IMO, I'm done with it, and I'm never fixing the damn things for them again.

wow, sounds like your boss is an ass and/or your company is REALLY short on change... :eek:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I wasn't sure if you'd seen it.

I fix lots of things at work for them, and Saturday, I was told to fix the price guns. I tried to fix them, and ended up tearing one of them into about thirty little pieces. The boss called and said to stop fixing them, do other things, so I bagged the pieces and left a note. He came in Sunday, flipped out, and scribbled on the note pay $150.

It's illegal to make deductions or force payment, but I expected him to demand it anyways, I obviously wouldn't give in. He can fire me for it, but given the personnel shortages we have, and the upcoming busy season, I felt pretty safe.

The end result is the younger boss was there, he was a little... puzzled, by the debris, and said it just needed to be put back together. So I took another hour tonight, put it all back together, it still isn't fully functional, but it's back to the same level it was on Saturday, so IMO, I'm done with it, and I'm never fixing the damn things for them again.

So you followed the boss's instruction and got yelled at. Get used to it :biggrin:

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
They're definitely not short on change.

The younger guy owns a two year old BMW.
The older guy has gone through two brand new Acuras in less than two years.
They own four stores.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I keep forgetting it, so I just push the hood up, move my hands, and have to catch the hood.

Also, it's a pain to work around it.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Paint is already getting a bit dusty and marked, after the fresh seal and wax. I probably will wash and wax again this weekend if I get the time.

However, it did rain around 6 AM, and by 10 AM, I had beads of water sitting on the hood, a little on the front and rear glass, extensive beading on the roof, and quite a bit on trunk lid and spoiler. The sides of the car were totally dry, even in shadow. #winning