ATOT I need advice MyJerk Neighbor keeps parking his work trucks in front of my house

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tw1164

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 1999
OP, you should go work for him, so you can park the company vehicle where ever you want.

nickbits

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2008
Did you call the city and ask about any ordinances? (not the police)

If there are none I think you're SOL unless you can convince him to cooperate.

Kanalua

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2001
There may be a zoning violation. If he is running a business out of his home and using a residential area as his makeshift business parking lot he may be violating your city zoning law.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Seriously? You are afraid of his bullying stares?
You describe him as a tough guy. That's how he gets through life. Bullying people.
Just keep parking on front of his house and when the confrontation happens, speak up loudly that if he parks in front of your house, you are going to park in front of his.
If it escalates, call the cops.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
OP, you should go work for him, so you can park the company vehicle where ever you want.

Now this one was gold :D

But if you're scared to talk to him, the other method I liked was parking all 3 vehicles in front of your house.

Sep 29, 2004
Umm, the only spot in your neighborhood is directly in front of your house? I've known people that have had to park blocks away when they get home. You need to grow up.

Other things:
1) Be the bigger person.
2) Better start video taping your car at night.

Last edited:

Numenorean

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2008
Umm, the only spot in your neighborhood is directly in front of your house? I've known people that have had to park blocks away when they get home. You need to grow up.

Other things:
1) Be the bigger person.
2) Better start video taping your car at night.

If you have to park blocks away, there is a fucking problem with your shitty ass neighborhood. You need to wake the fuck up and realize that.

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004
I've found these type situations are best resolved by burying the neighbor in a shallow grave in you back yard :) j/k

gigahertz20

Golden Member
Apr 30, 2007
If you don't want to talk to him, print out all the replies from this forum thread, staple it together, and post it on his door.

If you want to talk to him but are afraid of confrontation, make some cookies/cake and bring it over to him one day and say your GF made it, and just talk friendly with him, don't bring up the parking problem. A week later or so go over there again and bring up the problem.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
If you have to park blocks away, there is a fucking problem with your shitty ass neighborhood. You need to wake the fuck up and realize that.

and do what about it? nobody owns that property. so anyone can park in (dependign local codes).

the op needs to talk to the neighbors. since he is a pussy that aint going to happen.

so only other option is to call the police and find out if there are any laws on commercial vehicles on the street. no reason they should have 2-3 business vehicles unless he is running the business out of his house.

Numenorean

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2008
and do what about it? nobody owns that property. so anyone can park in (dependign local codes).

the op needs to talk to the neighbors. since he is a pussy that aint going to happen.

so only other option is to call the police and find out if there are any laws on commercial vehicles on the street. no reason they should have 2-3 business vehicles unless he is running the business out of his house.

Not purchase a house in a shitty neighborhood that allows that shit to happen perhaps?

Nov 29, 2006
Grab every friend you have and go knock on his door and have a talk. That way you ahve numbers on your side since you have no stance of dominance.

PKPunk

Feb 26, 2001
Seriously? You are afraid of his bullying stares?
You describe him as a tough guy. That's how he gets through life. Bullying people.
Just keep parking on front of his house and when the confrontation happens, speak up loudly that if he parks in front of your house, you are going to park in front of his.
If it escalates, call the cops.

I don't I just look back at him and shrug. He just stares, it's weird. If he ever said anything to me I would respond.

In any case, I think we've hit all the bases here and thread is devolving.

Here's the conclusion
1) After I hear from the city I'm going to talk to the guy whether he's parked legally or not.
2) I'll have a civil conversation with the guy (he's still my neighbor)
3) No vandalism. Period
4) No rigging his ignition to blow
5) If we can't come up with a reasonable solution then it's first come and first serve, as someone else here said some people have to park blocks away from their houses.

This will be my last post guys. Thanks to everyone with advice, and thanks to everyone for the funny solutions.

Last edited:

tynopik

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2004
does he have a lawn?

tell him to convert part of it to another parking space

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
I don't I just look back at him and shrug. He just stares, it's weird. If he ever said anything to me I would respond.

In any case, I think we've hit all the bases here and thread is devolving.

Here's the conclusion
1) After I hear from the city I'm going to talk to the guy whether he's parked legally or not.
2) I'll have a civil conversation with the guy (he's still my neighbor)
3) No vandalism. Period
4) No rigging his ignition to blow
5) If we can't come up with a reasonable solution then it's first come and first serve, as someone else here said some people have to park blocks away from their houses.

This will be my last post guys. Thanks to everyone with advice, and thanks to everyone for the funny solutions.

No this will not be your last post. We shall require updates.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
No this will not be your last post. We shall require updates.

i doubt we'll get updates. OP's been a member since 2001 and has less than 400 posts. Either he's a lurker or only comes on the forums when he needs to ask a question

Sep 29, 2004

Someone has a problem with generalzations. Or it is a city with limited parking? It was a friend in Riochester and it was a good area.