ATOT I need advice MyJerk Neighbor keeps parking his work trucks in front of my house

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
resident-parking-unauthorized-cars-will-be-towed-away-at-owners-exp.jpg

:hmm:

The offending neighbor IS a resident...the OP's only hope for remedy is if Dublin has some ordinance against parking the commercially licensed vehicles in a residential neighborhood. (which I will be surprised if there is such an ordinance. Trucks such as 18 wheelers...yes, but not like vans and so forth.)

PKPunk

Feb 26, 2001
For those of you advocating talking with the neighbor, I'd suggest that based on his (the neighbor's) actions he's not interested in talking. Obviously he feels it's perfectly ok to park his work trucks and/or his personal SUV in front of the OP's house, but gets pissy when OP parks in front of his house.

Good luck OP.

That's basically it. I wanted to go talk to him, I tried 2 or 3 weeks ago and he gave me a hard look and said MF'er walked to his house. About a week ago parked in front of his house, but still behind his trucks and he actually came out his house and stared at me as got out of my car and into house. He's also done this hard stare to my room mate multiple times too. That's why here looking for advice and waiting to hear from the city. I know I'm in for a confrontation when I talk to him. I don't know how he can be angry at me trying to use 1 parking spot in front of my own house.

PKPunk

Feb 26, 2001
Buy a 350/3500 with extended cab, extended bed and dualy wheels because they are cool and park it in his spots.

If the city can't do anything I might do this, except I'll park my car on the street and leave it. Only moving every 3 days like he does his SUV. I'd have start biking to work everyday instead of the 2-3 times I do now.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
what do you do when he's giving you the "hard stare"? Are you running into your house to avoid confrontation, or do you stare right back at him and point to his two trucks taking up street parking? Can you physically overpower him if he decided to throw a punch?

AnonymouseUser

Diamond Member
May 14, 2003
Park all three of your household vehicles in the street in front of your house. This will leave him no other choice than to find another place to park.

PKPunk

Feb 26, 2001
what do you do when he's giving you the "hard stare"? Are you running into your house to avoid confrontation, or do you stare right back at him and point to his two trucks taking up street parking? Can you physically overpower him if he decided to throw a punch?

nothing, I give him confused look back, and I shrug my shoulders. The guy, well both guys are about 6"2" and 280lbs. I'm about 5'5" @ 155lbs (155lbs that's why I biking to work). it's not a fight I want to get into.

PKPunk

Feb 26, 2001
Park all three of your household vehicles in the street in front of your house. This will leave him no other choice than to find another place to park.

I sort of did that, I took 2 spots with our cars for a 1 week. Dude seemed to get even more pissed. I want to keep the tension low because I have to live next to the guy and I don't want my stuff vandalized or place broken into.

PhoKingGuy

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2007
My city has an ordinance that commercial vehicles can be parked in residential areas, but not on a street without a proper permit. So basically in your driveway only, see if yours has the same thing.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
nothing, I give him confused look back, and I shrug my shoulders. The guy, well both guys are about 6"2" and 280lbs. I'm about 5'5" @ 155lbs (155lbs that's why I biking to work). it's not a fight I want to get into.
So what you're saying is he has mastered the stance of dominance, and you suck at it? :\

MJinZ

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2009
The offending neighbor IS a resident...the OP's only hope for remedy is if Dublin has some ordinance against parking the commercially licensed vehicles in a residential neighborhood. (which I will be surprised if there is such an ordinance. Trucks such as 18 wheelers...yes, but not like vans and so forth.)

Not around here. Each vehicle must have a resident sticker or label. He would not be able to get commercial vehicles a resident sticker.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Search yagt. The great equalizer.

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
If you had an HOA, they might have a rule against commercial vehicles being parked overnight. Otherwise, I'd guess you're stuck.

nipplefish

Feb 11, 2005

Dude, I'm 5'9 and 150. Don't let size prevent you from talking to the guy. What's he gonna do if you walk over there and reasonably ask him not to park in front of your house? If he hits you, have his ass arrested for assault.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
That's basically it. I wanted to go talk to him, I tried 2 or 3 weeks ago and he gave me a hard look and said MF'er walked to his house. About a week ago parked in front of his house, but still behind his trucks and he actually came out his house and stared at me as got out of my car and into house. He's also done this hard stare to my room mate multiple times too. That's why here looking for advice and waiting to hear from the city. I know I'm in for a confrontation when I talk to him. I don't know how he can be angry at me trying to use 1 parking spot in front of my own house.

So, you won't ask him to leave one spot open in front of your house? Ask him why he's mad when you park in front of his house but does it to you?

If you're not willing to talk to him then your only choice is to continue contacting the city/police about it. Unless, you're going to give it back to park all three of your vehicles in front of his house.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Dude, I'm 5'9 and 150. Don't let size prevent you from talking to the guy. What's he gonna do if you walk over there and reasonably ask him not to park in front of your house? If he hits you, have his ass arrested for assault.
If he hits him and eats him for dinner?:eek: Then what?

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
please don't escalate this to vandalism or violence.

the only loser will be you.

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006

And sue him for booku bucks.