ATOT 2K11 Secret Santa Thread!!!! ***Now with Sticky!!!***

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
My secret santa is awesome. Got me 7 Wonders (the board/card game) and Dead Island the computer game. Spent quite a bit on me. Happy new years :)

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
I got this watch
e6be_relativity_watch.jpg

A LAZER gun, but the dog eated it, and a $15 gift card;

e6a4_space_gun_keyring.jpg

Thank you :)

SZLiao214

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2003
I am very pleased with what i got!

I received a nice snickers tin with snickers mini's inside. The chocolate is all gone now so i use it to hold all my pens/pencil/erasers/memory cards

A container of drinking chocolate. I never knew there was a difference between drinking chocolate and hot cocoa but there is! Very rich and dense.

I also got a awesome razer mousepad. My mouse no longer glides over wood. The mouse pad is huge and feels really nice on my wrist.

Thank you Spiderwiz.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
its because fedex is morons, i wont be able to deal with it till i get home. marty is allready aware

summary for those that care
Fedex Shop enters wrong addy for pacakage even tho i have right addy taped to box
I notice this when sending tracking info to marty - call fedex 6 hours later to change the addy, - this should have worked
call again the next day to check - fedex changed the name to the correct one but still has it going to the wrong addy - they tell me its fixed again
pacakage is deleivered
i call to see where it was deleivered as Maz does not have it, they tell me thy "left it with someone in a different apt in the same building" WTF
Maz also calles fedex, fedex tells him they deleivered it to a totally random place, so they eithere lied to me or him - said they would attempt to get package back. apperently they failed at that

HybridSquirrel

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2005
its because fedex is morons, i wont be able to deal with it till i get home. marty is allready aware

Fedex Shop enters wrong addy for pacakage even tho i have right addy taped to box
I notice this when sending tracking info to marty - call fedex 6 hours later to change the addy, - this should have worked
call again the next day to check - fedex changed the name to the correct one but still has it going to the wrong addy - they tell me its fixed again
pacakage is deleivered
i call to see where it was deleivered as Maz does not have it, they tell me thy "left it with someone in a different apt in the same building" WTF
Maz also calles fedex, fedex tells him they deleivered it to a totally random place, so they eithere lied to me or him - said they would attempt to get package back. apperently they failed at that

So it happened to someone else?

At work, we were expecting a package worth quite a bit of money (wheels for a car). Fedex said they would deliver monday so we didn't come in on saturday. well they delivered it saturday.....to our next door neighbor who didnt sign for it...just dropped it off on his doorstep and left a note on our door. the guy who received it turned around and sold the wheels because he didnt know what else to do..fedex just said well thats our policy...

maziwanka

Lifer
Jul 4, 2000

pacakage is deleivered

no doubt. also, didn't mean to imply in any way that i was upset at anyone by my post. i know the fault is completely with fedex. anyways, xmas is not supposed to cause ppl headaches, but im in no rush anyways, so, anubis, if i can do anything to help, let me know. if we need to chalk this up to a lost cause because of fedex, that's also ok with me so long as you get reimbursed for all the stuff you got (and shipping)

maziwanka

Lifer
Jul 4, 2000
Anubis re-sent the gifts and I just got them last night. The books and beer mugs were excellent! Really appreciate all that you did!