AT World of Warcraft Thread (Warlords, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 127 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
It'd be funny if Sargeras was attempting to masquerade as Jaina considering his stint with Medivh.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Won't take quite as many shards to farm it seems, one of the 200 appearance sets are the ones you pick up from chest.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Spent some time on the alliance realm today. Was 70 a couple days ago when I started, moved up pretty good today into the mid 80s, but at least I got to enjoy the realm first message pop while I was on for mythic arch kill.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
only works if your revered with keepers of time

you wont be if you are leveling
Unless it's an account-wide requirement, that's not the case. Even my demon hunter, which I've only used for invasions and literally nothing else, can use the portal.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
This brings back the old days, boat to elf land at SW borked, watch last one leave then I left about 15 minutes later. Get to booty thinking I'll just cross that way and can see all the inhabitants of the last boat, pc and npc, just sitting frozen where they were when the boat de-rezed and thought I was going to get screed on both ends. Luckily BB was still working even if it was leaving some odd artifacts.

Dannar26

Mar 13, 2012
So I've gotten a fair bit of 700-710 ilvl gear, the rest is solidly above 600. Every time a DH looks at me (I'm a ret pally) I pretty much fall apart. Granted I'm re-learning things a little bit, but the core of ret combat appears unchanged.

Should I just abandon the Ret ship now before I get any more invested into it? I can't juggle 1000 alts like I did back in the day...but the character that I do focus, I would like to stand a chance at PvP.

Historically, Ret has always sucked. Even though I like the class-spec, I've found Warrior and other pure DPS classes to be better. I liked last xpac, where *good* Ret PvP was a mix of healing and damage. Now without WoG, I feel like we're back to being another half-arsed DPS class.

Nezterra

Aug 15, 2016
I'm watching for the story of the Jaina and I'm afraid she'll be raid boss someday :/ Someone agree?

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I hope so. She used to be a cool character. Now though she's just a bitch. Had to laugh at Khadgar as he casually walks into the spot Jaina was in and takes her role as leader of the kiron tor. Very smooth.

So I've gotten a fair bit of 700-710 ilvl gear, the rest is solidly above 600. Every time a DH looks at me (I'm a ret pally) I pretty much fall apart. Granted I'm re-learning things a little bit, but the core of ret combat appears unchanged.

Should I just abandon the Ret ship now before I get any more invested into it? I can't juggle 1000 alts like I did back in the day...but the character that I do focus, I would like to stand a chance at PvP.

Historically, Ret has always sucked. Even though I like the class-spec, I've found Warrior and other pure DPS classes to be better. I liked last xpac, where *good* Ret PvP was a mix of healing and damage. Now without WoG, I feel like we're back to being another half-arsed DPS class.

Outside of PvP in 3.0, Ret has been lackluster or mediocre for pretty much all of WoW. In Legion however the changes made were not at all for the better. You win some and you lose some when it comes to how your class changes pan out at the start of every expansion and Paladins lost this round.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011

Could go prot and be damn hear unkillable.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
The GF has pretty much switched completely from her retadin to a fury war. They thrashed the class quite a bit and per her description, the rotation just feels like crap now. Can't really blame her, I mop the floor with ret paladins I see in the invasion stuff, and she does more dps with a lower ilvl war, so hard to argue.

CrowDog

Golden Member
Jun 7, 2001
Went from 15-100 doing only invasions in just 23hrs /played over the last 4days on a Monk (It could probably be done way quicker though). Took me a while to realize how much freakin xp you get from tagging all the elites...holy moly. I'll try to take a druid all the way up this week just to see how fast I can do it.....wife's outa town and I'm bored :)

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Should be able to finish a 70 to 100 tonight for my alliance char. Played a decent bit on Saturday, mostly been doing ask leeching Friday, yesterday, and today. Forgot until I was about 75 tob put in the xp heirlooms.

Used a 300 percent xp pot on a 95 I had and got him to 99 after 2 invasions. Should hit 100 on the broken shore quest.

Will probably do more ask leeching rest of the week and a little active playing on the weekend to bump a couple others up

And wow are their DHs every freaking where.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
And wow are their DHs every freaking where.

yea everyone made one as an alt, however I don't think it will be as bad a DKs were in Wrath. there is only 1 person in my guild who wanted to switch to one, general consensus in raiding guilds is the same

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Honestly I need to see them from a tanking perspective @110 before I make judgments on them. From what I've messed with them, they're *very* squishy compared to my warrior, with roughly equivalent gear thanks to the welfare gear. Like two shot from the phase4 bosses kinda squishy, compared to at least triple that even on my craptastic tank (cooldowns not withstanding). But yes everyone and their garrison follower has a DH right now.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Seems blizz under attach again today and everything running fubared as a result.