AT World of Warcraft Thread (Warlords, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 126 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Seems to me fighting powerful demons from the Legion should give a soldier more combat experience than beating on boars and cleansing meat but I suppose Bliz feels otherwise.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Seems to me fighting powerful demons from the Legion should give a soldier more combat experience than beating on boars and cleansing meat but I suppose Bliz feels otherwise.

Don't they? I get a lot of XP for killing the legion demons.

You just don't get as much if you sit AFK now. But you don't get any XP from killing boars if you are AFK either, so there is that.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Don't they? I get a lot of XP for killing the legion demons.

You just don't get as much if you sit AFK now. But you don't get any XP from killing boars if you are AFK either, so there is that.
you get good XP from killing the demons solo, but it's dramatically reduced if anyone else helps you (especially if it's a level 100)

as a result, the invasions are taking even longer because people seem to be squirreled off into corners of the zone solo'ing and trying to make phase 3 last as long as possible.

Rebel_L

Nov 9, 2009
on a level 74 I ended up getting 20K xp for one of the skull marked mobs, it was just a small group of us killing it and no 100's I would think but I wasnt really watching for it. If they had an easy way for the level 100's to not affect xp gains it would be really nice for leveling.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I've been remoting in via the phone today on my 70 ally. Can't really do much as I have no mouse controls, but after 2 invasions sitting at the grave site so reading would be easy, got 4 chest in my inventory and about 1 level worth of xp bars.

Last edited:

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
M75QTMc.jpg

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
they're probably going to fix it at some point, but it's insane how quick you can get from 98-100... did it in about 20 minutes just killing invasion mobs.

get the buffs from starting the Broke Isles quest chain at 98, but instead of entering the scenario, fly off to an invasion, find a quiet area to solo mobs, and enjoy 1-shotting everything that comes across your path.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
After losing my rest bonus, XP gain went to the toilet. After 5 invasions only got about 1.5 levels worth.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
It really it faster just to kill all but one mob of the various "bonus objective" draenor quests then get a rapid mind xp potion, garrison 20% xp potion, heirlooms and just fly around hitting them all and looting the treasures. I go from level 92 to 98 in about 15 mins after about an hour of setup.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Patch 7.1 - Return to Karazhan
  • Karazhan is coming back as a large five player dungeon with all nine bosses.
  • The old Karazhan will still exist, you can still go and farm it for things.
  • There will also be a small additional raid between The Emerald Nightmare and The Nighthold that wraps up the Stormheim story.
  • Patch 7.1 will also have outdoor content associated with Suramar that pushes forward the Nightfallen story.
  • Patch 7.1 is coming to the PTR right after Legion launches!
  • Encounters have been play tested internally, it is good to go.

Game Development
  • There was a period where the team focused on faster expansions, sacrificing things that they shouldn't have. This made the experience worse.
  • The focus going forward is a steady stream of content.
  • Priority #1 is making sure that you don't run out of things to do.
  • The team is never going to rush an expansion, they will be released when they are done.
  • Ensuring there is always content in the live game while working on the expansions is important.
  • Raid tiers should last around 4 to 5 months.
  • This time around there won't be a content drought - "Don't worry, we got you!"

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
On the plus side, looks like they removed the level requirement for the vendor selling the limited time items so you can now get them from opposite faction rather easily.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
On the plus side, looks like they removed the level requirement for the vendor selling the limited time items so you can now get them from opposite faction rather easily.
So, my l80 horde will be able to see the vendor at their dock?

Went there to try a couple days ago and it was an old phase, no invasion stuff happening.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
So how do you attend these invasion events? I might try it when I get home on my 96 Priest and see how it goes.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
So how do you attend these invasion events? I might try it when I get home on my 96 Priest and see how it goes.
open your map and you'll see giant 3 blobs on 3 zones (it can happen randomly in any of the following: Tanaris, Northern Barrens, Azshara, Hillsbrad, Dun Morogh, or Westfall). go into the zone and mission objectives will automatically pop up (basically, phase 1: defend the town. phase 2: defeat 3 mini-boss mobs. phase 3: fly around the zone killing mobs and closing portals. phase 4: kill boss mob)

completion of phases 2 and 4 awards treasure chests, which you should hold onto till you're level 100 and then open for ilevel 700-720 gear.

right now, you can complete 3 invasions every 2 hours. the frequency will be increasing each week as we get closer to Legion's release date.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Hmmm might take me some time to get used to that lol... once upon a time I used to know how to get to these places but only 3 zones I recognize are Dun Morogh, Westfall and Tanaris. Probably need to be able to transition / know how to get to each zone pretty efficiently if the events don't last too long.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Hmmm might take me some time to get used to that lol... once upon a time I used to know how to get to these places but only 3 zones I recognize are Dun Morogh, Westfall and Tanaris. Probably need to be able to transition / know how to get to each zone pretty efficiently if the events don't last too long.
if you set your hearth to the Pandaria capital city, it makes getting around pretty quick.

as alliance,

Westfall: port to Stormwind, fly over
Dun Morogh: port to IF, fly down
Hillsbrad: port to IF, fly up (or take a griffon to Western Plaguelands and grab a drink)

Tanaris: port to Stormwind, take the SW portal to Uldum, fly up
Azshara/Barrens: port to Stormwind, take the SW portal to Hyjal, fly down

I got stupidly spoiled doing invasions on my mage, though. easy ports to every invasion site.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
The horde seems to have drawn the short straw in this event. Varion steals the show. Vol'jin went out with a whimper in comparison. Sometimes I wish the most meaningful thing faction leaders did wasn't dying.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
if you set your hearth to the Pandaria capital city, it makes getting around pretty quick.

as alliance,

Westfall: port to Stormwind, fly over
Dun Morogh: port to IF, fly down
Hillsbrad: port to IF, fly up (or take a griffon to Western Plaguelands and grab a drink)

Tanaris: port to Stormwind, take the SW portal to Uldum, fly up
Azshara/Barrens: port to Stormwind, take the SW portal to Hyjal, fly down

I got stupidly spoiled doing invasions on my mage, though. easy ports to every invasion site.
Thanks for the info, I will try it out!

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
WTF do feathers have to do with kara? Anything that flew in there had not feathers.