AT World of Warcraft Thread (Mists, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 54 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
For fun over the weekend I soloed all of the wotlk 10 man raids, to a point when i couldnt anymore mechanically.

(naxx, 10m 3 drake OS, maly, ulduar, ToC, and ICC to gunship)

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
How geared where you.

Looking at latest ptr tweets, probably a month minimum till patch hits, maybe closer to two.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
I'm pretty sure he's soloable in the dps vehicles in 10s, just spam the high dps shot. The vehicles scale with gear.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
How did you get pass FL in uld?

Demolisher.

And it scales with ilevel. All i had to do was 2-1-1-2-1-1-2-1-1-2-1-1-2-1-1-2-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-2

With 2 being a stacking DoT much like The dragons on malygos, and with the scaling, it drained his health by stack 5/6 pretty fast.

The interesting one i soloed was Thorim. Because you need an arena team, and a hallway zerg team, otherwise raid resets and whipes the group.

For this I would
1. Kill the arena scripted fight by the lever, and immediatly start opening the lever as thorim speaks his RP speech.
2. Take 6 steps past the gate and use Transedence (leave my spirit there)
3. Sprint as fast as I can to pick up the golem at the end of the hall.
4. Grab him then run back as fast as I can (beat the raid whiping orb rushing through the hallway)
5. Just tank the golem (do not kill) until the arena script team spawns again
6. Aggro the arena script team again, and now use Transedence transfer (change spots with spirit) - this allows me to jump through the closed gate into the hallway.
7. Run down to the end of the hall with both the arena team and big golem guy chasing.
8. Kill big golem guy (door opens to next spot in hallway)
9. At end of next hallway kill big golen #2 to open door to Thorims balcony
10. Enter the doorway and now kill the arena team you have been carrying with you at this point.
11. When they die Thorim does the start of the fight RP speaking (again)
12. Right when he is done speaking run to him, he will say his "aggro RP speak" in which he will prepare to jump into the arena.
13. Jump into the arena before he does.
14. Proceed to kill thorim
15. ????
16. Profit

Actually Here is ulduar in a nutshell for soloing

A) Flame leviathan
1 - Clear all four towers and adds with whatever vehicle you think you can do it fastest with. (You may need to go back and get a new one as the damage from all the things finally build up)
2 - Use a demolisher for the boss (stack the pyrite bomb debuff on him slowly, never letting it fall off. Recommend the 2-1-1-repeat setup)

B) Razorscale
1 - Kill adds as they spawn
2 - Use harpoons as they become active
3 - faceroll (repeat 1 and 2 if you cannot dps him low enough first time)

C) Ignis
1 - Faceroll kill (just don't stand in fire)

D) XT
1 - Faceroll dps until heart shows
2 - When heart shows up dps it to about 10-20%, then kill all and any repair bots heading to boss
3 - Repeat 1 and 2 until dead

E) Kologar
1 - Kill right arm (your left side) immediately
2 - Faceroll bosses body
3 - If right arm spawns before he dies, rekill it. Otherwise just kill boss

F) Council
1 - Kill Big guy first
2 - Use rune of powers as the medium boss places them
3 - Kill the last 2 in whatever order you feel like

G) Cat Lady
1 - Faceroll aoe/Faceroll

H) Hodir
1 - Free all 4 NPCs
2 - Use Sunlights and any other buffs given (Faceroll dps)
3 - Make sure you get on snow mound before flash freeze

I) Freya
1 - Clear the 3 elders (if you wish) first
2 - Kill her like normal (aoeing little adds; dpsing big add under mushroom; dpsing the 3 adds down to 0 at same time when they spawn)
3 - When her healing buff stack is removed or low enough you can dps her, faceroll her

J) Thorim
<See Above>

K) Mimiron
1 - Faceroll P1 "leggs"
2 - Faceroll P2 "body" while dodging rockets (They still hit for like 4 million)
3 - If ranged faceroll P3 "head", if melee kill adds and use magnet to pull head to ground then faceroll
4 - Kill all 3 parts within 30s of each other. If ranged easy, if melee, find whatever range attack you may have and dps head to 3-5%, then kill other 2 combined, then kill head right after.

L) General Vezax
1 - Faceroll

M) Yogg
1 - Faceroll adds
2 - Do fight like normal, keep insanity as low as possible.

Last edited:

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
I have yet to kill Yogg. I need that fight for reg/heroic on 10/25 for the meta cheeves.

its all about dodging damage, and killing adds until portals spawn to the inside of the god.

Go inside, don't look at the floating skulls or you will gain insanity (at 100 insanity you are mind controlled) DPS the brain, and escape the body before he runs outta energy (again makes you mind controlled if you are not out in time) Repeat as needed.

Then p3, kill boss as you tank/aoe/cleave adds. Look away from boss when he does aoe lightning, so you insanity doesn't continue to grow. Use green beams to reset insanity (a gift from the freed Freya)

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
Also "healing" monk changes in 5.2 (Updated)

-Blackout kick (mistweaver) will now also hit 4 adjacent enemy targets for 50% of the damage done to the primary target
-Tiger Palm (mistweaver) will now deal 100% more damage, and will also restore 1% mana to the monk
-Jab (mistweaver) will now cost 12k mana (up from 11.6k)
-After every jabs or if spinning crane kick hits 3+, the next tiger palm or blackout kick will do 200% more damage
-Emenience healing from non auto attacks by the monk and the statues was reduce to 25% of the damage done (down from 50%)
-Serpent's zeal [auto attack fistweaving from blackout kick] will now heal 12.5% of the damage done per stack (down from 25%)
-Crackling jade lightning damage is increased by 100%
-Tier lv30 talents will have cooldowns doubled, and heal for 75% of what they do on live. (new)
-Healing sphere nearfed by about 38% (new)

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
^ well now that I have more spirit and gear to help on my mistweaver I'm managing my mana ok. I was even with a priest and shaman healer at about 45k hps without fistweaving (position limitations) on normal Stone Guard and Feng. But I still feel that's low. I am not sure how much of it has to do with simply improving gear (Int/crit/etc.) I don't feel our AOE heal is strong enough (save for revival) even though we can use uplift pretty often. Overhealing is never an issue and the others always overheal more.

What do you make of the changes? Buff fistweaving dmg but less heal as a result?

Here's me: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-forgotten-coast/Panfryrolls/simple

Last edited:

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
^ well now that I have more spirit and gear to help on my mistweaver I'm managing my mana ok. I was even with a priest and shaman healer at about 45k hps without fistweaving (position limitations) on normal Stone Guard and Feng. But I still feel that's low. I am not sure how much of it has to do with simply improving gear (Int/crit/etc.) I don't feel our AOE heal is strong enough (save for revival) even though we can use uplift pretty often. Overhealing is never an issue and the others always overheal more.

What do you make of the changes? Buff fistweaving dmg but less heal as a result?

Here's me: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-forgotten-coast/Panfryrolls/simple

Well they obviously want us to fist weave more actively and less auto attacking. Removing the chi cost from the lv 30 talents, means we only have 5 chi users now: Blackout Kick, Tiger Palm, Enveloping mist, Uplift, and thunder focus tea.

With tiger palm hitting twice as hard, this will heal the same from fistweaving (plus after every 1-3 jabs [value unknown] next tiger palm and blackout kick will do triple damage)

So you will still fistweave to keep tiger palm, and blackout kick to keep buff up, however if you have extra chi, and it is a low damage phase, instead of using Blackout kick (assuming single target) you will just use more tiger palms as damage instead. If 3+ targets, Blackout kick will heal for more. (because of its cleave) Especially since, tiger palm will generate 1% of our mana and after 5 uses we get a free, instant surging mist.

If you kill bosses with that HPS, thats fine. It means people took less stupid damage, and excess healing was not needed. But our aoe is actually good, especially in 10 mans... however it is not the most controlled AoE, which is a concern.

The biggest difficulty for mistweaver monks, is for them to be the best they can (skill cap higher than others comment) we have to know the fight really well. Because our aoe all focuses on Thunder focus tea.

Basically 20s before a hard aoe is going to hit the raid (know the fight when it will) I put out 1 renewing mist (3 people have hot). Once cooldown is up I use it on another person who doesnt have it (6 now have it). I jab until I have 3 chi. Then I pop thunder focus tea and then uplift to refresh all 6 targets with renewing mist.

Then I apply renewing mist to a 7th target (now 9/10 players in a 10 man has it) and then I just jab > jab > uplift > jab > jab > uplift for aoe healing. Does a lot.

In short, the changes are not bad, just that fistweaving is more helpful and active now, but also less needed now (as in yo udo not need to fistweave to heal well) The only thing I hate though is they are basically making almost all lv 30 talents weak for healers almost to the point I would love if blizzard would just allow me to pick 2 lv 15 talents instead.

Last edited:

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Basically 20s before a hard aoe is going to hit the raid (know the fight when it will) I put out 1 renewing mist (3 people have hot). Once cooldown is up I use it on another person who doesnt have it (6 now have it). I jab until I have 3 chi. Then I pop thunder focus tea and then uplift to refresh all 6 targets with renewing mist.

Then I apply renewing mist to a 7th target (now 9/10 players in a 10 man has it) and then I just jab > jab > uplift > jab > jab > uplift for aoe healing. Does a lot.

I use xperl unit frames & healbot and unless I'm doing something wrong, the only way to see if a player has the HoT is to click-target them individually. I'd ask if there's a better addon to see which players have a specific buff like renewing mist already, but I want it integrated into healbot so it's a 1-stop shop and I don't have to hunt for names. That should help me a lot.

Last edited:

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
I use xperl unit frames & healbot and unless I'm doing something wrong, the only way to see if a player has the HoT is to click-target them individually. I'd ask if there's a better addon to see which players have a specific buff like renewing mist already, but I want it integrated into healbot so it's a 1-stop shop and I don't have to hunt for names. That should help me a lot.

You will have to check settings of those addons. They may let you toggle what you can/cannot see.

Personally I use 0 addons, outside pet battles stuff and recount. I memorize the fight from watching and doing real well, and with bosses emoting what they do, I have no need for DBM. And since wotlk? Blizzards frames work just as well as any addon I used in the past, plus it lets me see what debuffs and what hots of mine are on them.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
So last night we threw ourselves at Heroic Garalon and Windlord.

H garalon: So the pheramons debuff lasts 4 minutes now, thus we had to use 8 kiters with 17 stacks a person. (2 tanks, 3 healers, 3 range dps). Also he crushes faster, and not on pheramon change but every 30s. (And of course damage is higher) At 33% he no longer chases pheramons and actually attacks the tanks while still swiping. Pheramons is still out so you still have to trade it off. (Best attempt was 22% with 1 min to enrage)

H Windlord: Hhahahaha.... This fight will only last about 4ish minutes. Its fast. However the damage on the tank comes so fast I have never seen a tankls hp spike so high and low before. However our tanks dps did hit close to 880k, because of the aoe and vengence. [Difference on Heroic is 45s after a set of adds die, they come back to life] (Best attempt = 30%)

**Scary part about wind lord (1 tank 3 heals) is that at one point I decided to spam healing sphere on the tank when he got low (0.5s global cooldown, heals for about 65k -130k crit for me) This can easily cause 100k HPS, however no chi generation and mana dissappears fast, and the tanks hp was not wanting to move up, because he was being hit so hard so fast

Last edited:

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Where is the guy to upgrade your gear, need to stop by before he goes away.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Good. Tried searching him but google doesn't work well if you don't know his name.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
anyone use a good online reforge calculator that is useable for all classes, or at least most? I only know of rogue ones. Askmrrobot can do it but I don't understand why it shows me optimized spell haste of 16.68% when all I need according to in-game is +7.45% (or right around there = 3145? 3148?). It doesn't show 16.68% or anywhere near it in-game. Maybe I'm supposed to add to a default % that all casters have? Even if I consider the 5% raid haste buff it still doesn't add up to 16.68%. I've never understood the discrepancy and wish people would just use one value instead of both % and rating.

Anyway, I need a calculator because I'm +200 haste over the soft cap and there's no easy way to do it switching just 1 or 2 pieces around. I'm a min/max'er.

Last edited:

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
I'm using reforgelite in game, plug in your haste>mastery (or whatever) or click the button for soft cap values.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
anyone use a good online reforge calculator that is useable for all classes, or at least most? I only know of rogue ones. Askmrrobot can do it but I don't understand why it shows me optimized spell haste of 16.68% when all I need according to in-game is +7.45% (or right around there = 3145? 3148?). It doesn't show 16.68% or anywhere near it in-game. Maybe I'm supposed to add to a default % that all casters have? Even if I consider the 5% raid haste buff it still doesn't add up to 16.68%. I've never understood the discrepancy and wish people would just use one value instead of both % and rating.

Anyway, I need a calculator because I'm +200 haste over the soft cap and there's no easy way to do it switching just 1 or 2 pieces around. I'm a min/max'er.

Personal talents+% raid haste buff. I find AMR to be the best calculator out there, hand down.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
log into the alliance to do the lunar for the pet, and somehow I had lost my flying ability.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
lol, was wondering why I had no flights paths into trisfal, then got smoke by a good as I approached one. oops.