AT World of Warcraft Thread (Mists, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Stupid druid tanks need rolling on the caster rings! Ive only seen it drop once this year and the tank takes it! Ive also got the helm and sword in my bag but as a spriest they do me no good. I wish that they were either BoE or BoA.

if it makes you feel better, I rolled need and won the +agi ring over a druid tank on my resto shaman :thumbsup:

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I've seen the caster +spirit ring the most, the non-spirit one next, then other ones the least. Haven't seen anyone open a mount bucket (still in all years of wow). And only 1 of the sword.

Sixguns

Platinum Member
May 22, 2011
Ive never seen the mount drop yet. Either off him or in bucket. I keep seeing the stre/stam ring followed by the agil

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
I've seen the caster +spirit ring the most, the non-spirit one next, then other ones the least. Haven't seen anyone open a mount bucket (still in all years of wow). And only 1 of the sword.

I got the mount back in 2010 ;D

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

funnily enough, that's the one ring I haven't seen drop and the only reason I'm still running it... I'd like it for my shaman's healing set.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
I tried getting the mount on my mage for so long. Then when I finally got my druid leveled, I took him in and it dropped for him on the first time. That was irritating at the time, since I don't even use mounts on him, let alone the one I wanted for my mage. Not only that, but a few days later, it dropped again for my druid. Gah!

Fortunately, mounts are account-wide now. :thumbsup:

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I've got aa brewfest ram, have seen several rams and slightly less kodos drop, have never seen horsemans drop yet.

One of the best thing about account wide mounts are for the wrath dungeon dragons, had 1 each on a couple of chars but couldn't get one char with all.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
I got the horsemen reins on my shaman 3 years ago, with the kodo 2 years ago from brewfest.

Good thing for account wide mounts as Since then my paladin has been my main, with it soon to be my monk. (lv 87.5)

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Ive never seen the mount drop yet. Either off him or in bucket. I keep seeing the stre/stam ring followed by the agil

i have done the damn thing every year and every day. i have seen the mount drop a total of 3 times. twice in one week and then the GM took both. one for him and one for his alt..i left after that.

oh and them bitching the guild bank needed money and asking people to put some in. for her to take it out adn put it in her personal account..then brag how she has 500k gold..ugh.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
So I did Sha last night, got nothing, then used my lucky coin second roll and got my epic pants. Awesome, me thinking my luck in rolls is turning around, run a few heroics.

Muther.. fucking.. plate.. AGAIN. I did 4, 95% plate drops, and a mail piece. I ended up buying a bunch of PVP crafted pieces off the AH instead and got my iLevel up for LFR. Screw heroics.

tHa ShIzNiT

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2000
well screw the heroic stuff, count your lucky stars you were able to get a tier piece from Sha. that's the best stuff in the game right now and only available through that method. every week I have killed sha and used a token and gotten jack shit.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I've been saving my rolls for Sha and Elegon (trinkets) with the third roll generally just being used at random.

I've never actually won anything but gold using the extra roll, but I did with the PvP gloves off Sha on the normal roll last week... with the gear change, it was definitely a huge upgrade over my heroic gloves for my PvE set.

edit: I tend to heal Sha, so I never see what's going on outside of casting bars, but I feel like most raid leaders tend to tell the DPS to ignore Sha and focus first and foremost on adds/MC'd people. I guess Sha ends up going down between incidental AoE damage and the contingent of people in a PUG who always end up ignoring the raid leader regardless.

Last edited:

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
I've been in 6-7 Sha groups and not one has managed to even kill him. Apparently killing adds is hard.
Technically you don't need to kill the adds if they are tanked but you DO need to attack the MC'd people. If you're half smart several people are just AoEing and that breaks most the MCs.

Most people treat it like a target dummy or auto attack and get a snack.

Andrew111

Aug 6, 2001
I haven't played WOW in years but thinking of giving it a whirl again....any recommendations for a balanced PVP server? Also, I've played a mage (I thought frost mage was boring shooting frostbolts all the time), rogue (enjoyed it but thinking of a change), druid (liked the versatility)...any class recommendations?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I haven't played WOW in years but thinking of giving it a whirl again....any recommendations for a balanced PVP server? Also, I've played a mage (I thought frost mage was boring shooting frostbolts all the time), rogue (enjoyed it but thinking of a change), druid (liked the versatility)...any class recommendations?

checkout http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html

you can filter by H:A ratio if you want to find a balanced PvP realm

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
Got monk to 90.

Can say healing on him is a skill level higher than Paladin, shaman or priest has been for me.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Most people treat it like a target dummy or auto attack and get a snack.

That's a bummer. Part of me was hoping that it would be more like the old days of Kazzak. Did you bring your shadow absorption potions!? :p Group 8, watch out for [opposing faction]!

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
That's a bummer. Part of me was hoping that it would be more like the old days of Kazzak. Did you bring your shadow absorption potions!? :p Group 8, watch out for [opposing faction]!
there was a blue post about this the other day... Sha of Anger is supposed to be an Archavon-esque random loot pinata, whereas Galleon is supposed to be more like the Kazzak fights of yore where rare/elite outdoor raid bosses required coordination and preparation.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
For those who don't know about this (I didn't), I took a 10-day MoP trial as an experiment and it turns out as soon as the account is active it is immediately eligible to send out referrals! (SoR and RaF).

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
there was a blue post about this the other day... Sha of Anger is supposed to be an Archavon-esque random loot pinata, whereas Galleon is supposed to be more like the Kazzak fights of yore where rare/elite outdoor raid bosses required coordination and preparation.
Galleon has dps higher dps requirements but is far easier from a "strat" point of view. Tank facing away, stack on ass, adds>boss. You never move.

Majunior

Oct 14, 2005
This is my first post in the WoW threads, but I've been lurking for a long time.

I've played Horde on Azgalor since vanilla. I main swapped at the start of MoP as we were losing a tank in our raid. Prior to that, I played a rogue as my main.

Rolled a Panda Monk on release day, and hit 90 at the begining of last week. I leveled as Brewmaster in LFG for 95% of levels 15-90. I really REALLY like the mechanics of monk. It feels like a hybrid rogue to me, with the energy, and chi being very similar to combo points. the class is way more active compared to the rogue. Ofter I was just auto attacking, waiting for my energy to regen so I could use another attack. 60% of my DPS was from autoattack and poison. With the monk, I've always got a button to be pressing.

I geared up to item level 463 through insta-queued LFG heroics this last week, and ran my first 10 man raid last night. We got some good work in on the Stone Guard, but it was clear that our DPS and healers have a way to go. Not that I'm surprised, at all, but it's way harder that LFR.