AT World of Warcraft Thread (Legion, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 26 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
How much DPS should a Firemage get at ilvl855 with a crit chance of 44%? I'm getting around 240k approx., is that fine?

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
How much DPS should a Firemage get at ilvl855 with a crit chance of 44%? I'm getting around 240k approx., is that fine?

No answer but more questions, I have leveled almost all classes to 110 and I step my firemage into Legion and I cant do squat, doing the Druid area so i cant sheep styers,and getting murdered by 2 pulls. I don't get it, balance druid, I can almost just auto attack and mow crap down, Same with Death night, Pet classes takes some agro management but simple, pally and monks are just tank, no worry unless you over pull (your fault). No way with my mage.. they have beat me to 40-60% by the time i kill one, 2 is dicey.. And this was before the Nerfs to Fire mage.. I get it I suck, the class requires some skill (or some skill i dont possess), im using Icy viens rotation and still don't get it.. I could just drop the mage and say who cares.. but its my enchanter, i dont want to do that skill over.

Upside, Im still 100 and almost zero into my fire artifact.. so i can switch to frost (my reading after nerf seems to point that way).. so i dont have a bunch of points into a worthless artifact (if the whiners are correct)..

good laugh (warning text swearing)
https://youtu.be/norTWysG-n4

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
A nice thread started on the main forums about order hall item sets sucking and blizz cm getting absolutely destroyed trying to defend their purpose. Would be nice if the devs actually posted to defend themselves, but don't worry another useless video will be released next friday!

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
Well switching to Frost has solved most of my problems, still don't get how OP firemages where suposed to be, but I do get I sucked at playing them and a good player must have been owning with them. I still cant do anything like my other classes can with frost, as in 3-4 pulls when things go bad are really hard to live through. But so far i am sqweaking out all the skull mobs, and standard content while much more buys then almost any other class is going. Now all i need is them to make the tank spec of Demon Hunter worth playing, dont get me wrong it is very strong, just boring as hell to play and when you watch a DPS DH play i cant see any reason to justify a tanking one. Go in the demon hall and see 40 DH and I'm the only one speced tank.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
Well switching to Frost has solved most of my problems, still don't get how OP firemages where suposed to be, but I do get I sucked at playing them and a good player must have been owning with them. I still cant do anything like my other classes can with frost, as in 3-4 pulls when things go bad are really hard to live through. But so far i am sqweaking out all the skull mobs, and standard content while much more buys then almost any other class is going.
I can't even think of respeccing now....I've poured all my points into my Fire Artifact and I think im getting quite good at it now, just because of the artifact being so strong.

On another note, I didn't know you couldn't equip two legion legendaries on your character without having to research them in your class hall first. Silly me.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Did all the stuff to get the mount from kosumoth last night, easy "grind" took a few hours.
Then did a kara speed run and got the nightbane mount, was a good night.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
3 to 4 if you know your way around, use a YouTube guide, I had the video going on a second monitor.

Ranulf

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
A nice thread started on the main forums about order hall item sets sucking and blizz cm getting absolutely destroyed trying to defend their purpose. Would be nice if the devs actually posted to defend themselves, but don't worry another useless video will be released next friday!

Yeah, that was a hilarious thread with surprisingly many trying to defend the item set. Parts of it were useful for all of a few days at best till you got better from world quests or 5mans. The rest locked behind exalted rep requirements for the lulz.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Token prices skyrocketing after the conversion went live with a lot of WTF! sentiment out there. Good if you want to buy gold I guess, and it's probably ruined any professional gold sellers.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Token prices skyrocketing after the conversion went live with a lot of WTF! sentiment out there. Good if you want to buy gold I guess, and it's probably ruined any professional gold sellers.

I don't get the change. Does this mean my gold is worth less now?

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
Is this change a means to get more people to play the game? I presume you can buy Overwatch with 3 tokens.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I really wish I would've bought some tokens back when they were about 35k each. I had around 900k gold at that point, and I would've been able to support all my inane need for digital goods in other Blizzard games. :p

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Agreed. Should have bought when they were 35k at the start of Legion. I miss when they were 15k in Warlords. :(

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
So we can basically buy 90k gold (or whatever the in-game token price at the time) for $15 (or is it $20? I'm confused) now by buying token with real money and sell it?

(I haven't played for three expansions so I'm way out of the loop here)

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
So we can basically buy 90k gold (or whatever the in-game token price at the time) for $15 (or is it $20? I'm confused) now by buying token with real money and sell it?

(I haven't played for three expansions so I'm way out of the loop here)
If you want gold, you buy the token for $20 and it gets sold on the special token store. WoW sets the price, and it fluctuates depending on availability and demand.

If you have gold and want to convert that into Bnet currency/playtime, you buy it with gold and get $15-worth of currency.

It's a win-win-win. People who have real money and want gold get it legally. People who have gold and want to play the game for free/use other Blizzard services get to do so. Blizzard nets $5/token in addition to the likely added demand for their services since people with gold can now make use of them for free.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
If you want gold, you buy the token for $20 and it gets sold on the special token store. WoW sets the price, and it fluctuates depending on availability and demand.

If you have gold and want to convert that into Bnet currency/playtime, you buy it with gold and get $15-worth of currency.

It's a win-win-win. People who have real money and want gold get it legally. People who have gold and want to play the game for free/use other Blizzard services get to do so. Blizzard nets $5/token in addition to the likely added demand for their services since people with gold can now make use of them for free.

Thanks for the explanation!

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
Was trying to complete the Broken Isles Pathfinder achievement so that I can be up for flying in patch 7.2. And I absolutely had a blast playing most of these quests. Especially the Valsharah ones with Xavius, Ysera, Malfurion and Sylvannas. Such a wonderful nostalgic jolt.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Doing the stupid event daily each day on all characters, and still never having seen the mount is gun to the mouth enjoyable.

At least I did finally see someone get the lock artifact appearance to drop.

Speaking of which, I am sure interested on the specifics on artifact appearances from being locked post expansion since several have these retarded rngesus elements to them.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000

Sounds like they finally took a page from CCP's playbook. I was a guy who played from closed beta to just after Naxx in a progression raid guild and just resubbed because of this. A buddy of mine and I just ran MC and BWL for lulz and the nostalgia was real (despite how heavily nerfed everything was).

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I started the 15 hots games for the wow mount last night, got five games in, I absolutely despise that game and will never touch it again once I get ten more matches complete.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yep, I am playing against ai with a friend on my team, we have won every game so far.
The perspective and the camera movement is awful for me.