AT World of Warcraft Thread (Legion, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 22 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DarkRipper

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2000
I've gotten a couple of 860s off emissary bags. I've gotten an 875 cloak off one of the world bosses.

chitwood

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2008
Ok. My gear is mostly 800 ~ 805. Where do I get better gear? World quests seem to keep giving only gear close to 805. So apart from artifact power and a little bit of gold, I'm not really getting anything from World quests.
You can also do what I did when I hit 110... Time walking dungeons. Just feed off the 820 blues that drop, took me less than a weekend to go from 787 to ~811, you can even use the badges at the vendor to fill in any real weak gear slots.

Reactions: thejunglegod

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I've gotten a couple of 860s off emissary bags. I've gotten an 875 cloak off one of the world bosses.

I wish I could say that emissary bags have been useful, but the only good thing I get from them are order resources. Pretty much all of my awesome gear has come from world quests, and I've even gotten some ridiculous items from those. For example, my Rogue has 870 titanforged shoulders. I checked last night, and I have an average ilevel of 854.

My Death Knight got a +45 ilevel relic yesterday, and of course, it was one that only fit an off-spec weapon. It was for tanking though, so that's still good. (Blood Death Knight tanks are nearly unkillable against a single boss, so perfect for world quests.)

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
When I rains it pours. Just got the legendary assassination boots on my rogue from an emissary cache. Guessing the pity time is in fact character specific them..? Or I just got really lucky.

Rebel_L

Nov 9, 2009
When I rains it pours. Just got the legendary assassination boots on my rogue from an emissary cache. Guessing the pity time is in fact character specific them..? Or I just got really lucky.

From what I recall blizzard has admitted to there not actually being a pity timer. Did they add one in 7.1?

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
From what I recall blizzard has admitted to there not actually being a pity timer. Did they add one in 7.1?
Pity timer isn't the best word for it. The more you do things that can award a legendary, the more likely you are to get a legendary. Just existing as a 110 doesn't make you more likely to get a legendary as time goes on.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
You can also do what I did when I hit 110... Time walking dungeons. Just feed off the 820 blues that drop, took me less than a weekend to go from 787 to ~811, you can even use the badges at the vendor to fill in any real weak gear slots.
Thank you so much. I did just that last night listening to you and ended up getting a scaled 835 neck item :D
So thank you again.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Lucky you. I just hit the part where you need Arc and CoS.

BTW you are right - the rep grind is real.
for what it's worth, you don't actually need Arcway and CoS to complete the Pathfinder achievement.

I've still yet to run a mythic on my Druid... group finder just takes way too long as a DPS and I don't feel confident enough yet to tank or heal, so I never really have time.

leveling up my hunter, though, so it'll be interesting to see if I have better luck with a higher-ranking DPS class than as a Boomkin

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Is it just me, or do Prot Pallies feel far squishier than expected? To note, Protection is his main spec, and it's really hard to feel worthwhile when my Death Knight's Blood off-spec, which only has artifact traits up to the first gold, can solo multiple elites without much of an issue. I was doing the Magistrix world quest in Suramar yesterday, and it felt awful. I had so many health issues to the point where I had to be super picky about saving any interrupt for her direct damage spells. (Mostly saving my free avenger's shield proc.) To be fair, Protection was always a bit weaker against magic compared to some other tanks, but I also feel weak against multiple smaller mobs, which was always Protection's best encounter.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
The intent is you take more damage but you heal yourself constantly with Light of the Protector.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
The intent is you take more damage but you heal yourself constantly with Light of the Protector.

It doesn't do enough (even while on Consecration), and horribly pales in comparison to a Death Knight's Death Strike. It doesn't help that I can build up runic power and use more than one Death Strike in a row unlike Light of the Protector's cooldown.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
As a prot pally, I rarely run into situations I cannot survive. I pull stuff without thinking usually, however I do regularly rotate through my abilities and use them when they cool down. It's rare that I get much below the 50% health mark.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
As a prot pally, I rarely run into situations I cannot survive. I pull stuff without thinking usually, however I do regularly rotate through my abilities and use them when they cool down. It's rare that I get much below the 50% health mark.

I'm wondering if part of my issue is that I put too much stock into Icy Veins. The thing there is that stuff like their stat priority is based purely upon raiding, but... I'm not raiding. :p Icy Veins prioritizes haste as the best stat, but Pawn (based upon Ask Mr. Robot) prioritizes Mastery and Versatility about the same (I think Versatility has a slight edge). I have similar issues with other characters. For example, on my Assassination Rogue, I'd probably be better off with the Leeching Poison talent over the -AoE damage talent. (Getting Leech on gear is pretty awesome, having 10% would be fantastic.)

Rebel_L

Nov 9, 2009
It doesn't do enough (even while on Consecration), and horribly pales in comparison to a Death Knight's Death Strike. It doesn't help that I can build up runic power and use more than one Death Strike in a row unlike Light of the Protector's cooldown.
If you take the talent that changes it to target anyone your cooldown goes down to 10sec, add in some haste its not hard to drop it to bellow 8 sec cooldown. I you have your artifact upgraded decently you have the extra armor when you drop to lower hp and you can get decent damage shield from avengers. At this point I can pretty much solo all the 40mil bosses without fear of dying or really using any of my defensive cooldowns... I am a little bellow 850 for overall ilevel still.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
If you take the talent that changes it to target anyone your cooldown goes down to 10sec, add in some haste its not hard to drop it to bellow 8 sec cooldown. I you have your artifact upgraded decently you have the extra armor when you drop to lower hp and you can get decent damage shield from avengers. At this point I can pretty much solo all the 40mil bosses without fear of dying or really using any of my defensive cooldowns... I am a little bellow 850 for overall ilevel still.

I took a peek at my talents, and that's probably one of my problems. For some reason, I have Knight Templar, which reduces the cooldown on Divine Steed and adds a damage reduction component. Maybe I misclicked, but looking at them now, I'd definitely prefer Hand of the Protector, which is what you mentioned.

Also, I should note that my Paladin is my newest level 110, and consequently, he's a bit behind my Rogue and Death Knight. Unfortunately, given that we're dealing with a MMO, Blizzard has implemented what is effectively time gating into the relic system. Essentially, it's near impossible to level artifact traits quickly until you get a decent artifact knowledge level. My Rogue gets 4000 for more basic rewards where my Paladin gets maybe 400. If I try to push further ahead, my ratio of points attained to points required will get so low that it will take forever. Essentially, I'm still trying to reach all of the good traits. I don't have the damage shield that you talk about yet, but I'm close to getting it. My gear is okay. According to the armory, I'm ilevel 833.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
A lot of not love going on for 7.1.5 class adjustments (nerf bat swings)