at what age do you just not give a goldurn anymore...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: BlahBlahYouToo
Originally posted by: Citrix

and yes it does happen in womens locker rooms, a lot more than mens.

i'm 25, i don't prance around nekkid in the locker room.
i will admit that i'm less bothered by it than i was maybe a few years ago.

and shens in the womens locker room being more frequent. my gf says only a couple here and there.

LIES!!!! she just told you that so you wouldn't drill peep-hole in the wall.

ghostman

Golden Member
Jul 12, 2000
On a related topic, at my university, the men's locker room showers have no stalls or curtains, but the women's locker room showers do (or so I've heard). What's up with that?

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
I have no problem being naked in front of people, especially not in places designated for such. College Age Male here.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: ghostman
On a related topic, at my university, the men's locker room showers have no stalls or curtains, but the women's locker room showers do (or so I've heard). What's up with that?
Melvin the Janitor had them removed so he could get his mop in there more easily.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
i've noticed the age to be about 40+. never seen anyone younger than that walking around without covering their privates.
i've witnessed 2 completely naked men having a lengthy conversation facing each other right in the middle of the locker room with no shame whatsoever.
:disgust:

does this happen in the ladies locker room as well?

If I had any issues with that they disappeared after my first full day in boot camp.

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006
Originally posted by: K1052
I'll agree that some older guys get a little too comfortable being in the buff. The old guy at my gym who drys his asscrack and nuts in the middle of the place using a hairdryer is a TAD much.

Yeah that's about where the line is for me too. Your anecdote should be rare, but I'm sure there's that one guy in every locker room.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I've been a member at several gyms, and for whatever reason there are a LOT of naked dudes wandering around the locker room at the current one. I find it odd...specifically that there's so many more of them than at the others.

Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: ElFenix
what bothers me about the fat naked old men in the locker room is that i never see any of them out on the gym floor.

There to busy making lemon party pictures in the locker room.

Seriously though, if you're more than 30 this shouldn't bother you. If it does, you have some latent homosexual feelings and are more afraid of admitting to yourself that you secretly desire another mans cock.

edited, hopefully no one saw my mistakes :D

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
Eh... it used to bother me. Not so much anymore. I've gotten to the point where i'll walk accross the locker room naked after getting a shower. I'm 24 BTW.

About the only thing that still bothers me is when you see some fat guy with his leg up on the sink drying out his ass-crack with the hair-dryer.

Twista

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
thats crazy. Me, im shy with my private parts. Im only 1-1/2 inches when soft and 1 inch after a shower so i wouldn't walk around in the locker room nude.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: jjones
Originally posted by: Platypus
the age when you grow the fuck up.

i take it y'all are the ones walking around naked in the locker rooms.

e.g. overweight men older than 45 with more hair on your back than on the top of your head ;)

Why do you care at all? :confused:

You think anyone else cares if your puny, dorky-looking ass is walking around naked in the locker room?

Stop staring at naked men FTMFW.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
college.

it wasn't worth the contortions trying to dry off or get dressed in a bathroom stall.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001

e.g. overweight men older than 45 with more hair on your back than on the top of your head ;)

Nope, I'm in my mid twenties and I don't walk around however I also don't make an effort to hide anything either. I'm just not embarrassed or ashamed of/by the human form. People in this country are so fucking repressed when it comes to nudity that it's unreal. Most people grow out of that self conscious stage before their 20's but some people stick with it forever it seems. I see tons of idiots almost face planting into their lockers as they try in vain to get their boxers on under a towel. If you are truly that off-put by such basic things as the human body then you probably have some deep seated issues.

I'm not saying that I necessarily enjoy seeing old men walking around but it also doesn't bother me at all. People who have this overly macho response to seeing another member of the same sex nude frankly just shock the hell out of me. It's such a binary thing for these folks and if you don't agree then "you're gay!" It's simply an issue of maturation in my opinion. I blame this country's completely fucked up repressed sexual condition. People in this country seem to think it's ok to have some 90% nude woman sell you a can of beer or a body spray or whatever else but if you show a breast it's instantly lewd and damaging to children. Janet Jackson's breast fiasco is a perfect example of this.. parents writing letters by the hundreds about how it's inappropriate for children to see something like that or how they're going to have to explain this to them... just mind blowing.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
It's a locker room, twerp. There's a reason it's single sex. We over 40 didn't grow up pussified and pampered like you sad little momma's boys.

Perhaps the OP should simply acknowledge and embrace his latent homosexual desires, instead of complaining about *gasp* nudity in . . . wait for it . . . a freaking locker room!

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

Frankly, I findy your detailed observations of other male's anatomies disturbing.

Please stop lurking in the locker room, Mary.

Towel off, get dressed, go home, beat off if you must, then please get on with your life and stop posting your annoying and disturbing obsessions here.

Jul 10, 2007
Originally posted by: Perknose

Frankly, I findy your detailed observations of other male's anatomies disturbing.

Please stop lurking in the locker room, Mary.

Towel off, get dressed, go home, beat off if you must, then please get on with your life and stop posting your annoying and disturbing obsessions here.

oh really, please quote my "detailed observations of other male's anatomies".
that's right, you can't because i didn't. :roll:

and regardless, it doesn't take keen eyesight notice someone is walking around nude, which is what i DID mention.
i'm in and out in the time it takes me to change from my shorts to my jeans, which is usually less than 2 minutes.
i only shower at the gym if i'm going somewhere directly afterwards.

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004
I don't really care about the nudity as I don't really make it a habit to look but when you get old guys who get some sort of satisfaction of just standing around the locker room in the buff, that's where I find it annoying. One time my roommate and I went to the gym and on the way out we had to walk up some stairs. At the top of the stairs was this old dude looking at us just leaning against the banister with his junk hanging out. Find some place else to air out your twig and raisins you freak.