Ask a Middle East "Expert" Anything About the Middle East.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VTboy

Banned
Oct 13, 2003
dababus

Test and studies have shown that US education is about as good as Canada and Europe. Test show that students learn just as much in the US on average as they do in Canada and Europe.

Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: VTboy
dababus

Test and studies have shown that US education is about as good as Canada and Europe. Test show that students learn just as much in the US on average as they do in Canada and Europe.

Next thing he's going to say is that universities in Pakistan are overall better than universities in the US.

dababus

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2000
You obviously went to a horrible high school. Being taught about world affairs and being taught about the United States are two different things. When visiting relatives in other countries, it's shocking how they know almost nothing about anything outside of their region of the world, too.

hahahahhaha

lol

two different things, my a$$.

what US exists outside of this world.

hahahahahah....

have you ever been to a school in Pakistan, may be you have never left the country and you just assume that pakistani schools are 10X worst then those US.

hahahaha

just because you hang out with people, doesn't mean you learning a whole lot.

yes, pakistan has social and political problems.

but high school students from pakistan are far more educated than high school kids from the US.

may be you need to travel moose and see for yourself.

dababus

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2000
hahaha goose,

you really think that.

am talking about high schools not universities.

you just don't want to believe it, because all of a sudden some one has burst your bubble......

canada, europe and US do not constitute the world VT or do they, you have entire continent of Asia too.

Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: dababus
You obviously went to a horrible high school. Being taught about world affairs and being taught about the United States are two different things. When visiting relatives in other countries, it's shocking how they know almost nothing about anything outside of their region of the world, too.

hahahahhaha

lol

two different things, my a$$.

what US exists outside of this world.

hahahahahah....

have you ever been to a school in Pakistan, may be you have never left the country and you just assume that pakistani schools are 10X worst then those US.

hahahaha

just because you hang out with people, doesn't mean you learning a whole lot.

yes, pakistan has social and political problems.

but high school students from pakistan are far more educated than high school kids from the US.

may be you need to travel moose and see for yourself.

I have left this country plenty of times. I have relatives all over the world, too.

I stand by my statement that Pakistani youth, on average, receive a worse education than US youth, on average. This is my opinion, just like you have your crazy opinion that Pakistan schools are fantastic. I think that I would rate Pakistani schools near the bottom, just slightly below being home schooled by extreme religious parents.

And what does 'travel moose' mean? If I'm going to travel, I'm certainly not going to travel on top of a moose.

Aug 14, 2001
hahaha goose,

you really think that.

am talking about high schools not universities.

you just don't want to believe it, because all of a sudden some one has burst your bubble......

canada, europe and US do not constitute the world VT or do they, you have entire continent of Asia too.

haha you think that.

He's actually talking about studies about worldwide school systems, where Canada, Europe, and the US score better than that great academic land of Pakistan. The US isn't near the top by any means, but it's ranked better than Pakistan.

dababus

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2000
I stand by my statement that american youth is highly uneducated by affairs of the world including the good ole' US, :)

and just like you have fantastic idea that Pakistani youth are not educated, that's your mere fantasy.

yes do travel outside and take your moose with you, would be a good company for you.

dababus

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2000
obviously you never looked into pakistani school system closely, this is why you keep refering back to religious school which only represent a small fraction of schools in pakistan, and i mentioned that am not talking about them at all.

dababus

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2000
besides, VT do you have references to back your claim that you made on top of this page.

cuz am about to bring out references, that compares US high school system to British, Canadian and european.

so please stay here and enjoy being blasted out of the water.

Aug 14, 2001
obviously you never looked into pakistani school system closely, this is why you keep refering back to religious school which only represent a small fraction of schools in pakistan, and i mentioned that am not talking about them at all.

Maybe you should go back to high school. You obviously didn't receive much of an education.

I didn't talk about religious schools and Pakistan as if they were the same at all. I said that the Pakistani school systems are horrendous and I would rank them below a system where children are home schooled by religious extreme parents.

Let's say that I did look at the Pakistani school system closely. I'll say that at one time I was in charge of one. I quit because it was a horrible institution.

Aug 14, 2001
besides, VT do you have references to back your claim that you made on top of this page.

cuz am about to bring out references, that compares US high school system to British, Canadian and european.

so please stay here and enjoy being blasted out of the water.

It better have Pakistan as #1!

dababus

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2000
you telling me i received no education....

who the fvck are you to tell me that.

obviously i made you feel like $hit to realize that you live in a bubble all your life and you don't wanna look outside your hubble bubble.

and you making your fancy situations that you went to school in pakistan and said it was horrible.

you are fvcking ignorant and its people like you that never challenge themselves because they are comfortable with their ignorance and don't want to hear or listen to anything. congratulations to you moose, you just prove that you are type of a person who doesn't appreciate learning and making ridiculous comments about things which are beyond your understanding.

keep living in your ignorant little world.

dababus

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2000
i would like to add moose that the last sentence you added to your post, was the most idiotic statement i have ever seen.

Aug 14, 2001
you telling me i received no education....

who the fvck are you to tell me that.

obviously i made you feel like $hit to realize that you live in a bubble all your life and you don't wanna look outside your hubble bubble.

and you making your fancy situations that you went to school in pakistan and said it was horrible.

you are fvcking ignorant and its people like you that never challenge themselves because they are comfortable with their ignorance and don't want to hear or listen to anything. congratulations to you moose, you just prove that you are type of a person who doesn't appreciate learning and making ridiculous comments about things which are beyond your understanding.

keep living in your ignorant little world.

I didn't tell you that at all. I'm simply stating that Pakistan's schools, on average, are worse than US schools. US public high schools aren't the best, but they are definitely better than Pakistan's high schools. I didn't say anything about the education that you personally received.

You seem to think that you're special because you are of a different ethnicity and believe that your varied world experience is better than anyone else's. I'm sorry to tell you this, but there are tons of people in this forum, such as myself, that have been all over the world and are from different places. You're no more special than anyone else here.

I like to be challenged. You say that some of us should try to compete with international students - I do that every single day. I do appreciate learning, that's why I'm in graduate school.

There's a difference to being ignorant and to not accepting a ridiculous comment. I can say the same thing about you. Just because I did not accept your opinion (as did many other people reject your opinion) doesn't mean that I am ignorant or hate learning.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Tommy:

Who owned Israel before the Jews?

a. The Donald;
b. Warren Buffet's ancestors;
c. Sue Marians;
d. Post-glacier Neanderthals;
e. Homo erectus;
f. Homo sapiens;
g. Pre-Bigbangledeshians;
h. Red;
i. Anand;
j. I don't know as usual.

Robert

Aug 14, 2001
i would like to add moose that the last sentence you added to your post, was the most idiotic statement i have ever seen.

I would like to add, monkey, that every post you have made here is the most idiotic collection of statements that I have ever seen.

dababus

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2000
i would like to add a$$ wipe that every post you made on this site ever since you were a member have been most idiotic posts ever posted.

Aug 14, 2001
i would like to add a$$ wipe that every post you made on this site ever since you were a member have been most idiotic posts ever posted.

I would like to add that anything you have ever done in your existence (or any other possible existence) is the most ridiculous and idiotic thing that I or anyone (or anything) has ever known or will ever be known.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Do all children in Pakistan go to school? I know some people that used to live there and they commented negatively on Pakistani schools on all levels.

I heard Andorra had a mighty school system and that they beat the Pakistani school system in the World Series of School Systems.

dababus

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2000
I would like to add that you are the biggest scum on the face of this planet and everything you do, say, think off is not worth jack $hit.

Aug 14, 2001
I would like to add that you are the biggest scum on the face of this planet and everything you do, say, think off is not worth jack $hit.

Too bad my previous post trumped yours!