Ask a Middle East "Expert" Anything About the Middle East.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NL5

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
Originally posted by: yllus
Originally posted by: Tinkerhell
Look what the Palenstine terrorists do:
*******WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT: NOT FOR THE WEAK OF HEART*******
*Links to pictures which support absolutely no argument other than war is not pretty omitted*
Wow, I bet when Israeli tanks, M16s and helicopters make a kill the bodies vanish in a puff of fragrant white smoke.
rolleye.gif

I'm a supporter of an Israeli state and even of the wall they're putting up, but gawd, learn to argue.

EXACTLY!

I'm not agreeing with suicide bombers. I said BOTH sides are fvcked up.

Tinkerhell

Golden Member
Jul 12, 2003
*Links to pictures which support absolutely no argument other than war is not pretty omitted*
Wow, I bet when Israeli tanks, M16s and helicopters make a kill the bodies vanish in a puff of fragrant white smoke.
rolleye.gif

I'm a supporter of an Israeli state and even of the wall they're putting up, but gawd, learn to argue.

You're missing the point. Look at the children. That's the problem. Look at the mother strapping a bomb to her child. Thats the difference between the Palestinians and the Israelis. The Israelis love their children and value their lives. They don't proudly strap a bomb to their children. That's fvcked up, admit it. You're right both sides kill, but there's a big difference in the way they do and the way they present this situation to their children.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
You're missing the point. Look at the children. That's the problem. Look at the mother strapping a bomb to her child. Thats the difference between the Palestinians and the Israelis. The Israelis love their children and value their lives. They don't proudly strap a bomb to their children. That's fvcked up, admit it. You're right both sides kill, but there's a big difference in the way they do and the way they present this situation to their children.
Yes, they're more fscked up - arguably by necessity. You gotta be high or seriously psyched up to tape explosives to yourself and explode them where you can do the most damage.

So what does this have to do with your statement:
They stole the land of the Jewish people, and they should go back from where they came from. All that land is holy land for the Jews, and the Palestines, for one reason or another, think they have some claim to it.
? What point am I missing again?

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: NL5
rolleye.gif

EXACTLY!

I'm not agreeing with suicide bombers. I said BOTH sides are fvcked up.

theres a big difference between collateral damage and intending to kill as many random innocent civilians as physically possible. think a little, if the tanks and helicopters were acting with the mentality of palestinian suicide bombers, there would be very few palestinians left today.

Tinkerhell

Golden Member
Jul 12, 2003
Yes, they're more fscked up - arguably by necessity. You gotta be high or seriously psyched up to tape explosives to yourself and explode them where you can do the most damage.

They stole the land of the Jewish people, and they should go back from where they came from. All that land is holy land for the Jews, and the Palestines, for one reason or another, think they have some claim to it.

You're missing the point that the Palestine's are more fvcked up, and the fact that their doing this over land they have stolen and are claiming is theirs. In my opinion, this land belongs to the Jewish people; it's their holy place.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
If one doesn't believe in religion and God, for that person is the whole Israel Palestinian fiasco pointless? Afterall, he or she can't belive in a holy land, since there is no God.

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
It's funny, a lot of people support Isreal when it comes to their battle over land with the Palestine.

But when the topic of Kasmir comes up, people think "why are these two countries battling over some dumb land?"

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: radioactiveballpoint
Originally posted by: bradruth
Palestinians like to strap bombs to themselves and go onto school buses and kill innocent children. :|

You think they like to? Sure their methods are immoral, but you can't say that their cause is completely unjust. The Palestinians have no military, so they wouldn't stand a chance trying to fight the Israelis straight up.

Yeah, unfortunately the Palestinians have nothing left to lose and thus the desperate tactics.

Yes, so lets destroy someone else's life. Not to this destroyes their own lives.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
You're missing the point that the Palestinians are ... doing this over land they have stolen and are claiming is theirs. In my opinion, this land belongs to the Jewish people; it's their holy place.
What is this opinion of yours - that the land belongs to the Jewish people - based upon? Did you not read my prior posting at all? The land belongs to all of the Babylonians, whether they descended from Isaac or Ishmael.

VTboy

Banned
Oct 13, 2003
You're missing the point that the Palestinians are ... doing this over land they have stolen and are claiming is theirs. In my opinion, this land belongs to the Jewish people; it's their holy place.
What is this opinion of yours - that the land belongs to the Jewish people - based upon? Did you not read my prior posting at all? The land belongs to all of the Babylonians, whether they descended from Isaac or Ishmael.

You seem to be confused as to who the babylonians are. They where not even a semetic race. The closest people to the babylonians today are the Assyrians. Both the Assyrians and Babylonians decended from the sumerians the fist civillization on earth.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Originally posted by: VTboy
It is the greedy Israeli jews who are stealing the land of innocent palistinians. The palis are just doing what they can.

I don't appreciate you calling Jewish people "greedy Israeli jews". I feel like reporting you to the mods. Get this straight, the palestians stole the Israeli's land first. Israel is a holy land for Jews. For Palestians its just a place they were forced to move to and now they think they own it all. They should go back from where they came from and stop teaching theire kids that suicide is a good thing.

Wow...ummmm, bigot?

replicator

Oct 7, 2003

You're missing the point that the Palestine's are more fvcked up, and the fact that their doing this over land they have stolen and are claiming is theirs. In my opinion, this land belongs to the Jewish people; it's their holy place.

I think it is you that is missing the point. Palestinians did not steal the land. It can be argued that it is the other way around.

"A Jewish state existed intermittently in the region for over a millennium until expulsion by the Roman authorities in the second century CE. The Romans renamed the land Palestine after the Jews' ancient enemies, who lived in the area centuries before - the Philistines. It was conquered from the Romans (Byzantines) by the Caliphate in the seventh century and became populated by Arabs.

Following centuries of diaspora, the nineteenth century saw the rise of Zionism, a desire to see the creation of a Jewish State in Palestine. Jews began moving to the Turkish and later British controlled region.

In 1947, the British government agreed to withdraw from their mandate of Palestine. The 1947 UN Partition Plan split the mandate into two states, giving about half the land to each state. The Jews, with about 30% of the population, got 55% of the land, including the coveted coastal strip. Arab authorities rejected the plan. "

Wikipedia

Jews were almost completely absent from Israel for 2000 years. The majority of the Arabs that had been living there until the nineteenth century were forced out. The ones that remain were forced to live under military occupation, and are now being fenced into a ghetto. Looking at it from this perspective, you can understand that they would have some psychological issues (although it does not legitimize suicide bombing). However, if Israel can claim that their land was stolen by the Arabs, then North American native indians have a much stronger claim for land which they lost only a few hundred years ago. For you to claim that it was stolen by Palestinians is nonsense. I agree that suicide bombing is not the solution, but you can't take such a simplistic view of the conflict.

thevigmaster

Banned
Mar 5, 2004
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
Howdy Folks, Tommy here, you local Middle Eastern expert. After years of reading the newspaper, Time magazine and watching copious amounts of CNN, I can safely say that I am an expert on the Middle East. I have never been there, I like to think that I have a world perspective on things, and after visiting Mexico on a cruise ship, it has become even more attuned. So why don't you go ahead, and ask the expert all your questions about the Middle East

well my degree was arabic, and the expects in academia were right, and the politically motivated people are just perpetuating one myth after another, and the israelies are the most callous of them all.

DigDug

Mar 21, 2002
because pakistan has a real education system, where you are actually taught history, not the US bull$shit high school system where you aren't taught anything.

That's a hoot. Since its pointless inception - the Muslim population in India has GROWN, while the non-Muslim population in Pakistan has SHRUNK, kinda Ironic as to who is really the more hospitable, no? - Pakistan has done absolutely NOTHING worthy of statehood, apart from allowing the world to witness military coups and once again showing the failure of a "muslim state". How pathetic that the proud "muslims" of Pakistan enjoy one of the most corrupt nationstates on earth, despite the infusion of their almight religion. If Pakistan's existence were given a purpose other than the vilification of India and a pathetic attempt ot trying to run a nation based on religious commonality, perhaps they would actually achieve a stable economy, after ALL these years still unachieved, and actually export something besides brainwashed muslim fanatics.

Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: dababus
because pakistan has a real education system, where you are actually taught history, not the US bull$shit high school system where you aren't taught anything.

Yeah, those Pakistani schools churn out fantastic students, much better than US schools.
rolleye.gif

VTboy

Banned
Oct 13, 2003
Remember the Jews in Israel have murdered over 20,000 civilian women and children since 1990 in Palestine. That should tell you something about Israel. Remember the jewish holy books call the palestinians the enimies of god. No doubt if Jews could kill all of the palestinians they would.

dababus

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2000
Yeah, those Pakistani schools churn out fantastic students, much better than US schools

Too bad for you that you never got a chance to get real education. and you went to public schools in the US where you were not taught jack $hit.

I challenge all you US high school graduate to compete with any person graduated from a school in middle east or south asia.

you will quickly realize how poorly you are educated in world affairs as compared to a student coming from third world country.

i have been to high school in the Us from 2 years and I came from Saudi Arabia, we know much more about the US while we were in Saudi Arabia while what you got here in this country.

If you need more elabboration on how fvckedup us high school system is then, bring it on and I will explain it.

dababus

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2000
That's a hoot. Since its pointless inception - the Muslim population in India has GROWN, while the non-Muslim population in Pakistan has SHRUNK, kinda Ironic as to who is really the more hospitable, no? - Pakistan has done absolutely NOTHING worthy of statehood, apart from allowing the world to witness military coups and once again showing the failure of a "muslim state". How pathetic that the proud "muslims" of Pakistan enjoy one of the most corrupt nationstates on earth, despite the infusion of their almight religion. If Pakistan's existence were given a purpose other than the vilification of India and a pathetic attempt ot trying to run a nation based on religious commonality, perhaps they would actually achieve a stable economy, after ALL these years still unachieved, and actually export something besides brainwashed muslim fanatics.

Oh my...

haven't you heard about a country called USA. It has happens to be the most corrupt country in the world. where 1 % of the population owns the 95 % wealth of the nation, and what do you make out of a country like that, a democarcy, the richest country in the world with no universal health care system, a country that spends half a trillion dollar just on building a war machine, a country that calls it self champion of democracy, that basically installs dictatorships around the world and overthrows democracy, a country where elections are bought and sold openly. huh,....

you have the nerve to call pakistan a failed state, well ever heard how pakistan has been suffering from sanctions imposed by the US since the end of the Afghan-Russian war, although they have been eased or lifted in some case, but do you really think that the damage it caused to paksitan's economy in the last decade, could be repaired.

you really believe that pakistan will be considered a US ally after the bin laden fiasco is done.

and you point about pakisan exporting fanatics, you don't see this country is run by chirstain fanatics, you don't hear people like jerry falwel preaching the armageddon that would hasten the coming of christ openly in the media.

you didn't hear about thousands of muslims and arabs rounded by christain soldier ashcroft and these people are still missing and have been cut off from outside world.

you don't see how the US holds citizens from countries around the world without any evidence of terrorist activity in a prison cell called Guntanamo bay, and the cell is off limits to all international observers, including the UN.

the list could go on. a poor third world country like pakistan is no good example of corruption, when you got the world's most powerful country which is ripe with corruption and tyrrany.

I believe you have been living in the bubble all the your life.

dababus

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2000
Uh, okay buddy. You're right, those darned Western schools are ranked the lowest of low. I'm all for unvarnished truth and I post in every thread that shows Islam in an incorrect life, but don't even try to pretend what you said here is true.

mad indian, either you didn't even read or understand at all I said.

Am not talking about any religion. am talking about school system, what schools teach in pakistan, not talking about madarsa (religious school).

I was referring to history, social studies, and political science studies taught in pakistani high schools is far better than taught at any public high school in the US.

don't you dare to post here unless you fully understand what am talking about.

posting out of context is going to make you look like a fvcking idiot.

Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: dababus
Yeah, those Pakistani schools churn out fantastic students, much better than US schools

Too bad for you that you never got a chance to get real education. and you went to public schools in the US where you were not taught jack $hit.

I challenge all you US high school graduate to compete with any person graduated from a school in middle east or south asia.

you will quickly realize how poorly you are educated in world affairs as compared to a student coming from third world country.

i have been to high school in the Us from 2 years and I came from Saudi Arabia, we know much more about the US while we were in Saudi Arabia while what you got here in this country.

If you need more elabboration on how fvckedup us high school system is then, bring it on and I will explain it.

You obviously went to a horrible high school. Being taught about world affairs and being taught about the United States are two different things. When visiting relatives in other countries, it's shocking how they know almost nothing about anything outside of their region of the world, too.

You just said that the US school system is horrible compared to Pakistan. You didn't just say about world affairs. Either way, I'd wager that Pakistan's school systems are 10x worse than the US systems. I'm not even saying that the US systems are good - just that the Pakistani systems are probably horrendous.

And I do talk to people from all over the world every single day and compete against them. I go to graduate school with them.