Articles on Sequester 2013 cuts

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
It is amazing how much the govt supposedly does with such a small fraction of the budget. Makes you wonder how they squader the rest of it.

Puddle Jumper

Platinum Member
Nov 4, 2009
So if the $86 billion in cuts being proposed pays for meat introspection, detaining illegal immigrants, coast guard patrols and the dozens of other things that will apparently no longer be possible wtf is the rest of the multi trillion dollar budget for?

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
So if the $86 billion in cuts being proposed pays for meat introspection, detaining illegal immigrants, coast guard patrols and the dozens of other things that will apparently no longer be possible wtf is the rest of the multi trillion dollar budget for?

Time to cut 3 trillion out of the budget. only this 86 billion is important.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
By all means lets make the families of our heroes wait longer.

This fear-mongering over a 2% cut, which still leaves a net INCREASE in spending is exactly why the Feds are loaning about $85 billion a month, why prices are rising across the nation, and why we have a $16.5 trillion debt.

Cause you lying !@#$% claim it'll rain cats and dogs, fire and brimstone if we do anything but push full steam ahead on tax and spending. To hell the government largess and its pushers. There is nothing common nor civil between us if it's the end of the world to compromise. The sequester isn't enough to even do anything to our debt. It's still going to be $22-$23 trillion next decade. Reduce that by $1 trillion. Big whoop.

It takes far more than this to resolve the fiscal crisis.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Oh sure, increasing spending by slightly less than what was planned is just going to create havoc! Run for your lives!

I can't believe there are fools who actually fall for this crap. Actually, yes, I can believe it.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Good.

Oh, wait, we can go back to the 99 weeks that Obama put in place a couple years ago. That went real well didn't it?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

That is what I am asking. And lets not forget spending is still increasing. Just not as fast as before.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
You know OP... food inspections were fine in 2011.... by cutting the budget by $85 billion, the feds are operating at the same level as in 2011. Where was the apocalypse then?

Huh? What says you?

chirp chirp

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
2-28-2013

http://news.yahoo.com/meat-plant-shutdowns-inevitable-budget-cuts-usda-001955019.html

Meat plant shutdowns inevitable in budget cuts: USDA

The automatic cuts, also called sequestration, are due to take effect on Friday because Congress and the White House are unable to agree on other ways to reduce the federal deficit. USDA says the cuts would force it to lay off its 8,400 meat inspectors for 15 days to produce the savings ordered for its food safety agency.

Early this month, the White House raised the prospect of a mass layoff, which would shutter the meat industry for two weeks. Plants cannot operate without USDA inspectors.

Stores and restaurants could run short of meat temporarily.

Up to one-third of the USDA's 100,000 employees may be affected by furloughs. The USDA says the cuts would deny food aid to 600,000 pregnant women, new mothers and infants and also force closure of hundreds of Forest Service campgrounds, picnic areas and visitors' centers during the spring and summer.

As much as I think that the sequestration will have a bigger effect than a lot of people on this site think it will, your endless crying wolf gets old.

Apr 27, 2012
stop spamming OP

All his articles wil now be within this thread.

You will have the options of ignoring them if you desire

Last edited by a moderator:

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
HOW WILL I KNOW HOW TO WIPE MY ASS TOMORROW WITHOUT THE GOVERNMENT THERE???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?11one

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Not afraid at all.

I already can't afford beef.

I'll be happy when more of you join me and can't afford it when the prices jump like crazy due to this. :D

Stop paying any cable/internet/wireless bills and sell your computer and you'll be able to afford some beef, and not post stupid threads, it's a win/win that will benefit everyone.

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
Frickin Nazis. Always terrorizing the populations through budgets. The solution is simple: start by firing the head of the USDA, and move right on down the hierarchy until the budget is met.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
33bhj5l.gif