Apologist in Chief in Japan

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I imagine it can be different in war zones, got me.

I dated a hot Irish red head LCpl in the Marines who was also hit on buy one of the pilots (Captain) in the squadron and he got in trouble for fraternization at the time.

And worked with another WM Cpl who was a hot woman from Guam I was good friends with (She conned me into taking her to a Journey concert once, but I didn't gripe as the tickets were very hard to get att and she just looked good on my arm) that the Squadron Sgt Maj got in trouble with when he tried to rape her.

Both of those pretty much involved people getting transferred to other places att.

But that is getting off track I guess, sorry.

...you know that's not punishment, right? :hmm:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
...you know that's not punishment, right? :hmm:

yep.

Granted one wasn't rape, it was just fraternization though I'm sure there was sex involved, and they moved her elsewhere. The other the Sgt Maj was attempted rape and he pretty much got sent to the boonies out of Hawaii.

I'm sure there are other instances, even know many other things from back then, just threw a few out there.

Last edited:

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
i really don't understand why it matters if we (the US) apologize or not

why is this even an issue to anyone?

It's the World War II narrative.

Greatest generation, the good war, etc. Nothing can be allowed to threaten that. You can't criticize firebombing population centers, you can't criticize the atomic bombing. Fuck, it took us 40 years to apologize for incarcerating our own goddamn citizens. (And LK probably would have called Reagan a "cuck" for doing it.)

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Not making any personal attacks. But nice attempt to reframe it.

See, like this.

You're not adding much to the conversation ...

mCnxa01.gif

Nov 25, 2013
This thread isnt anything special. Its the normal republican outrage machine trying to kick start another thing to piss people off with. The problem is the school of fish that gets pissed off as these dumb things gets smaller and smaller.

The 'word' goes out to the blogosphere and the minions get the action going everywhere.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Thats not important libral shit. Thats called pulling single issue voters to the polls. Both parties love a good social issue during election season. Did you ever wonder why we never talked about this before now? Last election was about gay marriage. They had this in the pocket for this election. Next election it will be some other thing you never even thought of but will be horrified and outraged.

Like marrying toasters, such an injustice that people cannot.

Feb 4, 2009
Like marrying toasters, such an injustice that people cannot.

I'm outraged that one of our members...I forgot the name....can't marry his toaster while all dez gays are getting married. Cuz you know marrying a toaster is just like two guys getting married! Grr grr outraged!

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
the carpet bombing of Tokyo scorched more earth and killed more civilians than the nukes. But that does not play to the liberal grievance mongers so it is overlooked.

They never mention the fact that Japan had it's own Nuke Weapons Program and would have use a Nuke device on Pearl Harbor had it been ready.

http://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-japan-bomb-20150805-story.html

"In 1945, the Japanese navy alone spent a fortune to gather uranium," Wilcox said. "They needed a win-the-war weapon and an atomic bomb was seen as one of those."

The Japanese government burned thousands of documents as the war was ending. Researchers believe many documents related to Japan's atomic bomb program were destroyed. U.S. occupation forces confiscated almost anything that remained.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
the carpet bombing of Tokyo scorched more earth and killed more civilians than the nukes. But that does not play to the liberal grievance mongers so it is overlooked.

They never mention the fact that Japan had it's own Nuke Weapons Program and would have use a Nuke device on Pearl Harbor had it been ready.

"In 1945, the Japanese navy alone spent a fortune to gather uranium," Wilcox said. "They needed a win-the-war weapon and an atomic bomb was seen as one of those."

The Japanese government burned thousands of documents as the war was ending. Researchers believe many documents related to Japan's atomic bomb program were destroyed. U.S. occupation forces confiscated almost anything that remained.

So you are saying they would be apologizing to us 70 years later?

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

Pay back is a bitch, ya know.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
So you are saying they would be apologizing to us 70 years later?

liberal grievance mongers are always looking for apologies. Did japan "apologize" to China for all the torture / mass killings and murders?? And if they did does that satisfy your "tissue paper" sensibilities?? http://www.enkivillage.com/japanese-war-crimes.html

The Nanjing Massacre took place in 1937 at Nanking (Nanjing), China. The Japanese looted, raped, burnt and murdered both Chinese soldiers and civilians. About 20,000 Chinese young men were killed outside the city walls, which went down as a massive slaughter. The Japanese soldiers literally looted property from Nanjing residents and raped about 20,000 Chinese women during the first four weeks of the occupation. Those without anything were killed instantly. The international Military Tribunal in the Far East commonly known as the Tokyo War Crimes Trials estimated that a total number of about 200,000 Chinese war prisoners and civilians were killed. Other historians allege that the number could have hit 370,000.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Who is looking for apologies? Liberals? Buhahaha. This thread is about conservatives seeing apologies in everything.