Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
First thing- AOC is the first politician who shows leadership proportional to the needed response on climate and hopefully not the last. I respect that.

But to Huckabees-

ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ TAKES DOWN MIKE HUCKABEE: LEAVE LYING TO YOUR DAUGHTER, 'SHE’S MUCH BETTER AT IT'

Initially, I thought that she should separate the man from daughter but dad has been doing this, the Republicans in office and their supporters have by proxy everytime Trump attacks. They let him do the work and they benefit from his actions. Perhaps playing at being polite is no longer a viable approach.

Triloby

Mar 18, 2016
At least someone's getting the memo (aka: stop being polite to people who act in bad faith towards you). If only the rest of the Democrats would follow suit.

Plus, I like this quote even better: “Also, you haven’t been a Governor of any state for 10+ years now.”

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
"Just pay for it."

Correct. Cut a couple hundred billion, maybe only a hundred billion a year from defense and move it to R&D and deployment coupled with getting rid of the dumb tax plan and allowing deductions for businesses moving towards the end goal.

I "just paid for it", and it is far cheaper than not doing so.

Feb 4, 2009
I like how she immediately and effectively fires back, we need far more Democrats to do this. No more sitting on your hands to keep decorum, no more super smart debate style comebacks that nobody will ever understand. Keep the message simple and direct.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Correct. Cut a couple hundred billion, maybe only a hundred billion a year from defense and move it to R&D and deployment coupled with getting rid of the dumb tax plan and allowing deductions for businesses moving towards the end goal.

Shens, we should just borrow the money. That how the party of fiscal responsibility would do it.

As long as trumps name was on it, slowspyder would jubilantly support it.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
KsRui5I.png

she's fiesty, i like her

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Hrrm, I'll have to give this round to AOC (Cortez for short?)

Their "moon landing" attack on her is pathetic. She wants action on Global Warming. There is nothing inherently wrong with that, even if we should approach sweeping changes with caution. We need people motivated like she is, or nothing gets done.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Hrrm, I'll have to give this round to AOC (Cortez for short?)

Their "moon landing" attack on her is pathetic. She wants action on Global Warming. There is nothing inherently wrong with that, even if we should approach sweeping changes with caution. We need people motivated like she is, or nothing gets done.

As professed God fearing Christian's, the Huckabee's should be motivated stwards of God's world.

Feb 4, 2009
Ha! look at the comments in the link above.

My Favorite:

"Isn't it getting kind of late in Russia?"

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

Good news! It appears Trump believes in cutting military spending too!

[B]Donald J. Trump[/B]‏Verified account @[B]realDonaldTrump[/B] 3h3 hours ago
More
I am certain that, at some time in the future, President Xi and I, together with President Putin of Russia, will start talking about a meaningful halt to what has become a major and uncontrollable Arms Race. The U.S. spent 716 Billion Dollars this year. Crazy!

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
As professed God fearing Christian's, the Huckabee's should be motivated stwards of God's world.

I'm sorry this is America where, for many evangelicals, christianity is less a belief structure than a tribe.

Reactions: ivwshane

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
As to AOC and climate change guess what...she represents like 3/4ths of the country under 40.

Republicans have no plans for anything that growing blocs of the electorate want.

Jan 25, 2011
Good news! It appears Trump believes in cutting military spending too!
Gee. Seems like just months ago he was bragging about the bloated military budget. When was that again? *checks notes*. Oh yeah. Months ago.

Something big just be coming down the pipe. He’s particularly unhinged today

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Good for her. Huckabee was being a douche. She didn't compare her election to the moon landing. She compared the entire blue wave of dems and especially women being elected in November.

We went to the moon. We electrified the nation. We established civil rights. We enfranchised the country. We dig deep, and we did it. We did it when no one else thought that we could. That's what we did when so many of us won an election this year.

I guess being a lying douchbag is genetic.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
All I can say is if a Christian god actually exists there are a lot of unpleasantly surprised people in hell similar to the Huckabees.

I really hope there is a God, just for this reason. I will happily sit in hell next to these types of people and laugh my ass off at them (while being consumed in fire and fury)

Reactions: dank69

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
I'm sorry this is America where, for many evangelicals, christianity is less a belief structure than a tribe.

Absolutely. Christians ought to be thankful that they were given a gift and purpose, in this case, our planet. Old and New Testaments universally recognize the concept of stewardship but not so many who call themselves Christians embrace Christ's meaning and intent. They've constructed a golden representation, not a calf but some doppelganger and engage in acts of idolatry, worshipping an antichrist.

Reactions: K1052