AOC nails it again

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

himkhan

Jul 13, 2013
I don't think the people that voted for Democrats in 2020 wanted them to sit by while Republicans continue to shit talk them. Independents really seem to be gravitating towards the squeaky wheel lately. AOC speaks well and she can motivate. I know more than a few people tired of the Big Lie still going a year later and the attempted whitewashing of January 6.

2 Fox News anchors just quit over Tucker's January 6 piece.

Two Fox News commentators resign over Tucker Carlson's series on the Jan. 6 siege

Two longtime conservative Fox News commentators have resigned in protest of what they call a pattern of incendiary and fabricated claims by the network's opinion hosts in support of former President Donald Trump.

In separate interviews with NPR, Stephen Hayes and Jonah Goldberg pointed to a breaking point earlier this month: network star Tucker Carlson's three-part series on the Jan. 6 siege of the U.S. Capitol that relied on fabrications and conspiracy theories to exonerate the Trump supporters who participated in the attack.
"It's basically saying that the Biden regime is coming after half the country and this is the War on Terror 2.0," Goldberg tells NPR. "It traffics in all manner of innuendo and conspiracy theories that I think legitimately could lead to violence. That for me, and for Steve, was the last straw."

Not sure if this had been posted yet.

Reactions: KMFJD

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
"So much for bias against right-wing on Twitter."

That's not the point you think it is.

One case of making room for the bloated orange one, while sitting President, hardly compares to a decade of systematic election / truth engineering.
They spent of lot of effort censoring falsehoods, and for the most part it wasn't Democrats on the receiving end of those actions.

Reactions: ivwshane

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
"So much for bias against right-wing on Twitter."

That's not the point you think it is.

One case of making room for the bloated orange one, while sitting President, hardly compares to a decade of systematic election / truth engineering.
They spent of lot of effort censoring falsehoods, and for the most part it wasn't Democrats on the receiving end of those actions.
That’s not a bias against the right either though. There’s some good research on Twitter bans and what they found was that the reason conservatives got suspended more is they broke the rules more. Once you looked at the suspension rate while controlling for that frequency there was no bias.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
They spent of lot of effort censoring falsehoods, and for the most part it wasn't Democrats on the receiving end of those actions.​

Had they been censoring truths, presumably the Republicans wouldn't have been affected nearly as much.

Reactions: UNCjigga

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
AOC has truth and the facts of the matter to arm herself with. Being well armed, I wish I could give her an expert badge for accurately targeting and hitting the Repubs with those facts right between their fake conspiracies and ginned up accusations. And throw in a hanger tab for blowing up the Repub's efforts accusing the Dems of weaponizing twitter.

Overall, I'd say the Democrats are doing a fine job of giving the Repubs a really nasty case of backfire diarrhea. Exposing these "select hearings" for the bogus revenge kangaroo court trials they really are is icing on the cake.

Reactions: iRONic