AOC at the Met Gala

Feb 4, 2009
Thread for when Conservative complain about her going.
Some personal observations:
I am like a gay man when it comes to women's fashion. I suspect it has to do with my early career and a women’s fashion buyer I knew.
AOC fits at this event and honestly nobody is not going to vote for her because she went however the met gala has a history of wealthy weirdness. I would have advised her to skip it.
Now about her dress I think it looks fabulous on her. She is fit and off the shoulder dress looks great on her. The ball gown effect the bottom has is great and almost like a mermaid. Tight pulled hair works awesome with this look. Minimal makeup highlights the dress.
I generally don’t like writing on any formal wear however in this context it is ironic and bold. Everything about the statement is great. Wealthy people invite her and assumably like her and she shows up with tax the rich.
Now I wait for Fox to start bitching about how shitty she looks
233DCDD6-4C9D-462D-9241-5777CF2D1337.jpeg

Link:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'm sure a bunch of right wing incels busting a nut over this pic. The same group that was silent when Malaria mocked the mistreatment of kids at border detention centers.

Feb 4, 2009
I'm sure a bunch of right wing incels busting a nut over this pic. The same group that was silent when Malaria mocked the mistreatment of kids at border detention centers.
Glad this came up. There is a difference between the two:
That coat looked sloppy and horrible on Melania
The statement in regards to what was happening at the time was cruel.
I am certain she wanted to make that statement regarding the Stormy Daniels drama but Melania chose a really bad time.
If she wore that same coat in the rose garden moments after a news show or a press conference where Stormy came up it would have worked but this doesn’t change the fact that coat looked poorly on Melania.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Majority of Republicans - Put unstainable low taxes that impact large donors, have little impact to general population but don't cut any "major" programs because of election season. Bullshit populace by convincing them that the cuts actually benefit them and if the pollsters give the signal, find a country or group of people to demonize.
Majority of Democrats - Half-ass mumble mumble about reverting all the BS tax cuts the Republicans put in but don't actually fight for it because election season.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez - WTF is wrong with you people?

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
Front page Fox
AA5B28C0-450A-4511-B76F-EDCB303D8C26.png

The Actor Michael Rappaport makes a decent but vague point. I just don’t agree with it particularly him because he wants that fame. Seems disingenuous.

For the Stern Show fans:
Isn’t he the guy who was super competitive in the fantasy football league? I kind of remember him leaving a voicemail to JD saying he was going to sneak in a window and rape JDs ass

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and ch33zw1z

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
People who think they're more important than they are don't like when someone they believe is beneath them is reaching higher. It's actually all projection, of course.
I get the feeling that they are trying to make some sort of argument that if she wants to tax the rich she shouldn't go to rich person events but of course that makes absolutely no sense so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Reactions: Pohemi

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I get the feeling that they are trying to make some sort of argument that if she wants to tax the rich she shouldn't go to rich person events but of course that makes absolutely no sense so I'm not sure what the deal is.
If you're looking for intellectual consistency you'll never find it in the right wing outrage machine. Which is actually their superpower. They can bitch about anything, just as long as the rubes get the feeling that anyone other than them is "bad".