Anyone know where i could find a list explaining Z370 intel bios terms

Always_Winter

Apr 26, 2017
Well theres many terms that im not familiar with in the bios. is my first time owning a msi board however i have owned gigabyte boards asus intel ect. im familiar with alot of the terms but not all. Example i know basic C states but forget wich CPU power saving features i should disable. I want to keep some of the cpu power saving features So wich ones shall i disable? ideally id like it to run at a constant 4.4 or 4.5

also there are many other features id like to learn what they do. i have a MSI Z370 M5 board

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Your motherboard manual should explain most hardware/BIOS items for you. If there is something in it you don't understand, you can just Google it.

Just curious, why would you want to run your CPU at a constant 4.4Ghz+ all the time? Seems like a waste of power if it's not needed. It sounds like an overclocking guide would be what would help you the most. You also might want to read through the Coffee Lake builders thread here in the CPUs/Overclocking sub-forum, where people discuss what works and what doesn't.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1641166/...tem-build-overclocking-guide-by-jeffrey-edson

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
I can't think of any reason not to allow the chip to idle at it's customary 800mhz if it's not doing anything much.