Anyone know the best place to buy some Beats Studio (new version) in white?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
I buy around 50-75 new headphones/earbuds per year. Lately I've really liked V-Moda line of headphones. I have the LP, LP2, M80, M100, and the Wireless 2. All are very well made and extremely durable. They come with nice hard cases and the M100 and Wireless 2 can fold into pretty compact shapes. You can upgrade the ear cushions and the wires are replaceable. I highly recommend them.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
I buy around 50-75 new headphones/earbuds per year. Lately I've really liked V-Moda line of headphones. I have the LP, LP2, M80, M100, and the Wireless 2. All are very well made and extremely durable. They come with nice hard cases and the M100 and Wireless 2 can fold into pretty compact shapes. You can upgrade the ear cushions and the wires are replaceable. I highly recommend them.
Wait what? are you a reviewer? or just insane? or maybe an insane reviewer:p.what do you do with all these headphones/buds that you dont use?

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
I kinda miss him.

I'm certain he's alive and kicking though.

Last edited:

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
Wait what? are you a reviewer? or just insane? or maybe an insane reviewer:p.what do you do with all these headphones/buds that you dont use?

I don't do reviews, so I guess that makes me insane.

I debox all the cheap stuff (less than $500) and have most of them sitting in storage boxes.

I keep the more expensive stuff in their boxes:

f1y7h0.jpg

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
I don't do reviews, so I guess that makes me insane.

I debox all the cheap stuff (less than $500) and have most of them sitting in storage boxes.

I keep the more expensive stuff in their boxes:

I would say that you're insane, but a hobby's a hobby. And your hobby is a lot cheaper than some.

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
I would say that you're insane, but a hobby's a hobby. And your hobby is a lot cheaper than some.

My AK240 runs $2499 new and my Noble K10's are also in the $2500 range. My cost, was $50 for impressions and $5.95 shipping, so I did pretty well.

Eric_Barbu_5-4.jpg

Eric_Barbu_5-1.jpg

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
My AK240 runs $2499 new and my Noble K10's are also in the $2500 range. My cost, was $50 for impressions and $5.95 shipping, so I did pretty well.

If I didn't know that we were talking about ear monitors, I wouldn't know what I was looking at. Again, when you're talking about $5k for a personal audiophile experience versus $250k for a pair of floor speakers, there is always a more expensive hobby. I get a new bicycle or two every year, and they generally run in the $10k-12k range with upgrades. I also have a handful of cars that some might consider excessive but are, in the grand scheme of things, quite cheap.

I can't afford to collect $25m Ferraris bought at auction. Or a private jet of any sort. Or yachting. Or professional sailing. Or art dealing.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
I've been seeing and more and more of the Apple wireless earpods. I can't help but feel that there is such a high chance of losing those things, given their size.
I use this:
https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-RA200-Airpods-Earhooks-pairs/dp/B01NAM69IJ

Then I attach them to each other with this so they don't look stupid:
https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-AirPods-PENDING-Connector-Airpods/dp/B01LVZ4SXN

I wish it was one product that clips on. I have to put them on in a specific order and take them off in a specific order every time the AirPods go in or out of their charging case.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
That second product is quite amusing in a way. :)

It basically turns them into something like LG Tones (behind the neck Bluetooth earphones).

Combined with automatic ear detection, it works quite well. I pull up to the drive-thru, and just pull out one AirPod. The music automatically pauses. I let it hang around my neck while I order or pick up my food. Then I put the AirPod back in my ear and the music resumes.

I have the double tap action for one side set to be play/pause and the other ear activates Siri.

Without augmentation, my ears are incompatible with all earbuds. They just fall right out. I want to design something easier to attach/remove so using the charger case isn’t such a hassle.

I have to say I’ve never had any Bluetooth headset work as well as these. People hear me through the AirPods better than when I hold the phone to my face.