Anyone know the best place to buy some Beats Studio (new version) in white?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Trying to find a legitimate place at a better price than $269.

Our 15 year old had a pair that needed service and apparently they were not authentic Beats By Dre but clones. Sucks because his last school had a contest for two sets and he won one pair...they must have cheaped out.

Anyway, they cracked and I'd like to replace them for him for Christmas.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
I'm sure you don't want to hear this, but beats are garbage and not worth the money. For $269 you could get him something MUCH better.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Cyber Monday will be no help to you.

Black Friday they were offering $50 or $100 gift cards if you bought those. I think $100.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
I'm sure you don't want to hear this, but beats are garbage and not worth the money. For $269 you could get him something MUCH better.

For $269 you cannot get the fashion statement and sense of both conformity and rebelliousness that the Beats give. They are, in a word, ironic, and that is priceless.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
Dr Dre's Beats may look good but sure as hell he probably uses Sennheisers to mix his albums.

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
That Menards link seems like the best. They are a fad item, and part of the fad is paying too much, or there being knockoffs. I don't imagine there are going to be a lot of sales on legitimate ones, or even if the Menards ones are legit.

This is funny:
The music you hear on your headphones should sound as great as it did when the artist recorded it. But normal headphones can't deliver the rich, full sound of today's digital audio tracks.
Horribly compressed digital tracks don't sound good over analog headphones? no wai!

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Dr Dre's Beats may look good but sure as hell he probably uses Sennheisers to mix his albums.

They aren't for me, but when he was wearing them trick or treating one of the common jokes was "trade you all the candy for your headphones".

They are popular in high school.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
They aren't for me, but when he was wearing them trick or treating one of the common jokes was "trade you all the candy for your headphones".

They are popular in high school.

He was trick or treating at 14/15? What kind of child have you not raised?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

The jacket he wears is utter crap, but the kids like it that he hangs out with.

I have already had the lecture about how there are better headphones out there, his response was simply "Beats are better."

Even adults comment on his headphones though...for a 15 year old that is probably cool.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
He was trick or treating at 14/15? What kind of child have you not raised?

We were all out together and in the neighborhood he wasn't the oldest by far.

Some of the adults offer cocktails and other adult beverages to the parents walking.

I'd keep L&R to L&R though bro. It'd suck to let that leak out here.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
He just said he wanted the black ear muffs so I ordered from Menards. Thanks!

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I didn't know generation Y was taking to time to dye their muffs. I like it better when the carpet doesn't match the drapes.

Don't know how that relates but the younger the chick is now (assuming legal) that's carrying a muff the better the chances it's like a sculpture or colored outside the original Crayola 8 pack.