Anyone Else Think This Year's Steam Xmas Deals suck?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

finglobes

Dec 13, 2010
I think one reason the holiday sales seem weak the last couple years is that the sales during the other non holiday weeks have gotten better. It used to be that the holiday sales were unique for the big deals. I get major games for 50-75% off all year now.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Uh, no, I spent way too much money on it this year. They just kept putting up interesting stuff.

Hadsus

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2003
Far Cry 3 finally on sale for 37. I'm gonna get it free when my video card arrives from New Egg.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I've purchased two things so far. Not sure I will play much of Limbo, I get really frustrated with those types of games (see Braid, which I played maybe twice for a total of an hour). I'll give Limbo one more chance though before packing it in.

Alice on the other hand is freaking amazing; I can't wait to get home and play it again!

KT

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
These holidays sales are tilted towards people that have been on steam for a short period of time, and people who do not keep up with the weekly and weekend sales.

If someone has been on steam for any amount of time, and has been keeping up with the weekly sales, they probably already have everything they want.

The new games people want such as skyrim and far cry 3 are not going to go on deep discount.

I caught skyrim on sale a couple of months ago for $19. During this holiday sale its $29.79.

Are there some good games on sale, yes.

Could the prices be better? Of course they could.

Hadsus

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2003
These holidays sales are tilted towards people that have been on steam for a short period of time, and people who do not keep up with the weekly and weekend sales.

If someone has been on steam for any amount of time, and has been keeping up with the weekly sales, they probably already have everything they want.

The new games people want such as skyrim and far cry 3 are not going to go on deep discount.

I caught skyrim on sale a couple of months ago for $19. During this holiday sale its $29.79.

Are there some good games on sale, yes.

Could the prices be better? Of course they could.

And some people have lives and haven't had time to devote much attention to games until now, the holiday season.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
And some people have lives and haven't had time to devote much attention to games until now, the holiday season.

When I turn my computer on, steam launches and the sales are displayed on my screen without me having to do anything.