Anyone else looking forward to Wildstar?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
I think even looking at combat the engy is the most equivalent. The spellslinger is the super mobile caster type that relies on cc and mobility and dps to survive... it's the mage. The Engy is semi-tanky (or really tanky if you build it right) ranged.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Also to note, Wildstar added a 2 step authentication service for those that want it.

You can use Google's Authenticator and set it up for Wildstar. Can be done on any smartphone, tablet, or with some tweaking on a computer. Here is a link to the steps needed if you don't have a phone/tablet/device for the Google app.
https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53323-authenticator/#entry565724

Here is the official page explaining the authentication service and the in game bonuses you get for using it.

https://support.wildstar-online.com/entries/53257786-Two-Step-Verification-Setting-Up-and-Rewards

Basically you get a title, costume piece, and 2% exp/renown/prestige bonuses for setting it up.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
I'm going to be playing on either Pergo or Widow at the moment. My guild hasn't decided yet >.< I think it's leaning towards Pergo though. That's where most of the beta pvp guilds are headed.

Snock514

Golden Member
Jul 20, 2009
I really have no self-control.. I preorderd from GMG for $48.. I will give it a shot tomorrow morning :p

Snock514

Golden Member
Jul 20, 2009
1 hour queue time on every realm.. w t f

edit: estimated 1 hour.. I got in after like 7 minutes.. /shrug

edit 2: now i can't connect, "Network Error: Unable to Connect", apparently rolling restarts for a hotfix..

Last edited:

sushicide

Nov 7, 2001
Ordered months ago after friend begged me to play then today he tells me he's got no time anymore, should've known lol. At least it's decent enough to entertain for a few months until I get bored - not the game's fault really, most of my gripes stem from inherent problems that came with the genre, MMOs simply cost too much time and money to develop when weighted against how fast gamers chew through content.

Have to laugh at the fanbois that think this is the ultimate salvation of all wow-killers(again) though, poor bastards are gonna be in for another rude awakening. You really can't listen to the hype streamers and youtubers spew out, those guys will jump to promote anything hot & new just to get viewers.

velillen

Platinum Member
Jul 12, 2006
Ive been enjoying it so far. Only level 15 so far. The server queues are probably something that is needed and will get better with time...but are annoying for now. but least it is playable instead of being a lagfest with everyone in the same zones.

Wow-killer or not isnt anything anyone will know for a long time. WoW has already been on the downhill so meh. The thing wildstar has going for it is actual endgame content already in place. 20 man raids and 40 man in place. Hardmodes. Arena. It wont be like SWTOR where you hit 50 and basically have meh content to do.

KidNiki1

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2010
Made it to level 15 and I don't have enough gold for a mount, arrgggghhhhhhh! I shouldn't have spent so much on my rocket ship house. Lol. It shouldn't be too hard to get the little bit more I need, I was just really trying to get my mount last night.

Game is pretty fun so far. I probably have my spec and amps all in the wrong place, but I'm still doing OK for killing things. The world is awesome, and I have only seen the tiniest bit of it so far. I was wondering about how easy telegraphing the spells would make it but sometimes it doesn't even matter, you can't get out of the red fast enough. I have my settings to lock target and face target but I'm not used to that at all yet. Sometimes it makes my camera view go all wonky. I might change that.

So far my only real gripe is that the restarts and patches keep making my bag of awesomeness get removed.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Took it slow and so only made 18 this weekend before I decided to hop into bed early last night. Was hoping to make 25ish, but with having to go to the mall, the movies to watch Maleficent, parents place, swimming, and other activities with the wife I wasn't able to accomplish that goal. That and the servers having some bad down time at the initial launch hour for headstart.

So far the game is pretty much what I was expecting it to be. Still went with my gimped/nerfed stalker class hoping the devs fix it before I hit late game. Stalkers are fine for going around solo killing trash mobs for quests. You blow through those easy enough. So does every other class though too. It' they just lack the sustained DPS in long fights, or huge aoe fights that other classes have. Which the devs are aware and said they are fixing. If Carbine hadn't had a rep say they were aware of the issue and looking for a fix, I wouldn't have played the stalker.

Which is funny because it feels like 75% of the players picked stalker for some reason.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
No queue on Pergo this afternoon at least. That was refreshing ^.^ after spending like 6 hours in queue yesterday >.<

I'm at 66 gold at 23 at some point I started making money quickly. I skipped the 15 mount though it's just barely faster than mixing in sprinting/dashing/leaping just right.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
No queue on Pergo this afternoon at least. That was refreshing ^.^ after spending like 6 hours in queue yesterday >.<

I'm at 66 gold at 23 at some point I started making money quickly. I skipped the 15 mount though it's just barely faster than mixing in sprinting/dashing/leaping just right.

You weren't using that money exploit were you? They just fixed two big exploits this weekend. One was in beta regarding a certain settler buff station that would provide a boost to your damage per buff. The buff stacked and wasn't suppose to. So you could get infinite damage on your character. That was the one around since beta for a bit. The other one was the monkey decor item from the PC Magazine voting event that was done leading up to open beta. Those that voted received a code to receive the monkey decor item. The item is an "entitlement" item and like any entitlement item, it was designed so that if you delete it you can just reclaim another one. It was suppose to be like other entitlement items though in that you couldn't do anything but use it or delete it. However, they made it salvageable by mistake. So people were salvaging it, then selling the salvage to a vendor for 50s. Then they would claim it again to salvage for another 50s. Rinse and repeat. Stupid money exploit.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
You weren't using that money exploit were you? They just fixed two big exploits this weekend. One was in beta regarding a certain settler buff station that would provide a boost to your damage per buff. The buff stacked and wasn't suppose to. So you could get infinite damage on your character. That was the one around since beta for a bit. The other one was the monkey decor item from the PC Magazine voting event that was done leading up to open beta. Those that voted received a code to receive the monkey decor item. The item is an "entitlement" item and like any entitlement item, it was designed so that if you delete it you can just reclaim another one. It was suppose to be like other entitlement items though in that you couldn't do anything but use it or delete it. However, they made it salvageable by mistake. So people were salvaging it, then selling the salvage to a vendor for 50s. Then they would claim it again to salvage for another 50s. Rinse and repeat. Stupid money exploit.

Nope no exploits : p I actually do some dumb stuff like salvage everything.

CrowDog

Golden Member
Jun 7, 2001
So how is it? Worth buying?

Teso is getting old...should I jump ship and get WS?

loganone

Jul 29, 2008
So how is it? Worth buying?

Teso is getting old...should I jump ship and get WS?

I think its fun. The setting is colorful and humorous, and the combat is challenging enough where you're not simply mashing 1-2-3-4 over and over. If you want to try it everyone will have guest passes to give out soon, probably today.