Anyone else looking forward to Wildstar?

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Ugh... too many character options. It already takes me long enough to come up with a clever name, now I have to customize my character as well? =( I spent an hour deciding which robot guy looked the best and then another 30 or so minutes tweaking it.

I probably shouldn't be so vain. But, I have to look at that guy for the rest of my play!

Clemenza

Oct 12, 2010
Ugh... too many character options. It already takes me long enough to come up with a clever name, now I have to customize my character as well? =( I spent an hour deciding which robot guy looked the best and then another 30 or so minutes tweaking it.

I probably shouldn't be so vain. But, I have to look at that guy for the rest of my play!

You've already failed by rolling Dominion!

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
RL friends rolled Dominion, so I gotta do that to play with them. Also, RobotHitler wouldn't exactly be a lot of fun on a non robot character. =(

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004

Yea, I made a Draken female and spent a lot of time messing with the facial features and everything. It's the first time I actually did that in a game. I actually did it in beta and then used their save customization feature so I had it ready to go though.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Yea, I made a Draken female and spent a lot of time messing with the facial features and everything. It's the first time I actually did that in a game. I actually did it in beta and then used their save customization feature so I had it ready to go though.

I do that in pretty much every game. I payed for a race change in WoW because male orc hunters had stupidly large shoulders and it didn't match the gear I had at the time. I literally went from male orc to female orc just for looks, lol. =)

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
I do that in pretty much every game. I payed for a race change in WoW because male orc hunters had stupidly large shoulders and it didn't match the gear I had at the time. I literally went from male orc to female orc just for looks, lol. =)

I remember at one point I was playing with nameplates off and I mistook an orc female warrior for a male human in alterac valley one time >.> <.<

Edit: I usually customize my characters the way I want, but I won't usually really dig into the sliders and get them just right like I did this time.

Last edited:

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I will spend hours in sliders. Mostly, because it is really easy to mess up your character and have to start over. =(

KidNiki1

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2010
my only complaint so far is that i can't run this on my work pc, dammit. how am i supposed to shirk my duties and get my game on during the day now??

:p

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
ok so im finally home and wanna give this a go but when i go to login it tells me there is no valid accnt at the data center and bounces me between US and EU?

the F is this, i can login into the website fine but not the game

KidNiki1

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2010
ok so im finally home and wanna give this a go but when i go to login it tells me there is no valid accnt at the data center and bounces me between US and EU?

the F is this, i can login into the website fine but not the game

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/55715-headstart-issues-31514/?p=597356

Some users are reporting they are being bounced between NA and EU, receiving a "No Valid Game Account" message.
If you have seeing this issue please contact Support, or update any outstanding tickets as they need to manually adjust your account.

looks like you need to contact support for that particular error. :(

Last edited:

M0RPH

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
Is there a trial for this game?

2nd question, how hard is it to earn enough in-game credit to make your subscription free?

Last edited:

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
>>
spent a lot of time messing with the facial features and everything. It's the first time I actually did that in a game.
>>

For me, character customization is ESSENTIAL for any RPG or MMO. So I too am one of those guys spending "hours" tweaking facial features, hair styles etc.

KidNiki1

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2010
participated in my first world boss kill last night. it was pretty fun. doomthhorn the ancient was no match for all of us! i got some nice gloves and shoulders as well.

still loving this game. just wish i had more time to play it these last few weeks!!

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Yah, I was doing a bunch of the War of The Wilds adventure zone. Fun DotA -ish style setup. Blew right on through it with a couple of groups in about 20 minutes for the gold. Other groups not so much. Why is it when you tell people the strategy, they have to run off to do something else first only to die repeatedly? Then they finally get a clue and go with the winning strat. It's really the only winning strat, because it is not a true DotA game, just styled like it. Still fun though.

velillen

Platinum Member
Jul 12, 2006
Well i got a notice this evening tat my account has been suspended for using a third party software. When i (and for once im 100% honest) didnt use any. Hopefully the support guys sort it out. not sure if my account was hacked or what. But i didnt log in for 3 days so hard to say i guess.

I like the game but if i dont get my account back i wont be as mad as i thught i would be. I just havent gotten into it to much (only level 29) and been busy doing other things

Anteaus

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2010
Well i got a notice this evening tat my account has been suspended for using a third party software. When i (and for once im 100% honest) didnt use any. Hopefully the support guys sort it out. not sure if my account was hacked or what. But i didnt log in for 3 days so hard to say i guess.

I like the game but if i dont get my account back i wont be as mad as i thught i would be. I just havent gotten into it to much (only level 29) and been busy doing other things

Have you used addons that you've since removed? I believe you when you say your not using any, but I'm curious if they are detecting remnants of addons you used previously. I'm just trying to gauge what they are going after.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Is there a trial for this game?

People that purchase the game get two guest passes.

2nd question, how hard is it to earn enough in-game credit to make your subscription free?

It depends on how much people are charging for them. CRED cost $20 compared to the subscription price of $15, which means it depends on how much in-game money people think $20 is worth.

Why is it when you tell people the strategy, they have to run off to do something else first only to die repeatedly?

They probably assume that you're just that guy that always tries to tell everyone how to do it. Everyone's experienced that guy before. :p

velillen

Platinum Member
Jul 12, 2006
Have you used addons that you've since removed? I believe you when you say your not using any, but I'm curious if they are detecting remnants of addons you used previously. I'm just trying to gauge what they are going after.

Ive tried some addons and since removed them but doubt that would be what caused it since they were just quest tracking or inventory addons.

I have seen on reddit that im not that only one who got banned and is claiming innocence. I honestly didnt do anything in wildstar that should have gotten me banned.

Still havent heard back from support either

asteldian

Nov 25, 2013
Ive tried some addons and since removed them but doubt that would be what caused it since they were just quest tracking or inventory addons.

I have seen on reddit that im not that only one who got banned and is claiming innocence. I honestly didnt do anything in wildstar that should have gotten me banned.

Sounds like they have borrowed the same Bot identifier that ESO used followed by the same Customer Support Team :D

Hope it gets sorted for you soon

velillen

Platinum Member
Jul 12, 2006
Sounds like they have borrowed the same Bot identifier that ESO used followed by the same Customer Support Team :D

Hope it gets sorted for you soon

Honestly im not to worried. I was on the fence about continueing past the first month anyways and i suppose this made up my mind for me.

I STILL havent heard back from the CS team. And i doubt they would credit my account the lost days either

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004

Said every hacker on reddit ever. Not saying you did any system will have false positives, but saying people are saying they didn't isn't a good argument for it being wide spread.