anyone else looking forward to November 5th?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
for the first time since I started watching it in '97, I stopped recording The Daily Show today after last night's episode.

The Stewart/Colbert McCain Bash Hour is getting a little tiresome, it's like digging up Old Yeller's decomposing corpse and kicking it some more... he's dead, Jim.

am I the only one looking forward to November 5th when McCain can go back out to pasture, we can stop with the non-stop attacks, and actually think about what the impending Obama Administration is going to be like?

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Stewart has been far worse than Colbert, though. Stewart's just a blatant liberal and their writing has gotten progressively worse. Colbert's show has some superb writers and maintains its freshness, though yes they bash McCain more than they should. That's a combination of them being liberals and the fact that McCain is easier to bash.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
I am, it is like Christmas. Except this year I have no TV and Tim Russert's dead, so Christmas without the tree and Santa Claus. I'm more looking forward to December or so when we start finding out who the cabinet members will be.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
I look forward to December 26th.. that way the election is over and the psychotic spend fest the retards do for Dionysus's birthday.

Hugh H

Jul 11, 2008
I can't wait for this election to be over. Also, I will be watching the final results on Fox News. The epic meltdowns that will occur will provide some of the best television ever.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Hugh H
I can't wait for this election to be over. Also, I will be watching the final results on Fox News. The epic meltdowns that will occur will provide some of the best television ever.

they'll probably see a ratings boom, bashing President Obama is a lot easier than defending twenty-percent-approval-Bush.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
I don't know.

If Obama wins I may have to find a new hobby. Will have to take a long vacation from P&N. At least until he take office and starts to screw things up.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: loki8481

they'll probably see a ratings boom, bashing President Obama is a lot easier than defending twenty-percent-approval-Bush.
No way, anyone who bashes Obama is a racist.

Has SNL ever done a skit that makes fun of Obama himself the way they make fun of Palin?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
I don't know.

If Obama wins I may have to find a new hobby. Will have to take a long vacation from P&N. At least until he take office and starts to screw things up.

I predict we'll see half a dozen threads before Christmas discussing the removal of term limits so that we can elect Obama President for life ;)

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
I don't know.

Oh you wont be waiting too long. In the eyes of the rabid left, he will be waaaaaay to centrist. They will be bashing him here after not too long.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002

No way, anyone who bashes Obama is a racist.

Has SNL ever done a skit that makes fun of Obama himself the way they make fun of Palin?

Oh, pick up whats left of your brain, put it back in the jar and seal it. You are not capable of critical thought any more. The ONLY people that bring up race are the reps, any excuse to avoid real issues right?

They make fun of Palin, because she says idiotic things and its easy. Its hard to make fun of Obama, he's just not a funny guy. The guy that does him has his mannerisms and expressions down, which is pretty funny.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
I'm looking forward to Jan. 20th when our long national nightmare will be over.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Thump553
Originally posted by: techs
I'm looking forward to Jan. 20th when our long national nightmare will be over.

PARTY!!

You're all invited to my place.
You can bring the beer, blow and hookers.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I am looking forward to it because I'm tired of listening to lies and repeated talking points from both sides.

However, all the butthurt republicans in this thread need to dry their eyes and change their tampons. McCain/Palin get ripped on by the SNL's and Daily Show's of the world because THEY ARE EASIER TO MAKE FUN OF. Yes, Stewart is an admitted, open liberal, but all of these shows will mock whoever they can find to mock.

If you can SURVIVE through the opening segments, the interviews on the Daily Show are actually very good - and he does interviews with people like Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee too, and it is not a conservative bash-fest either. Even when Bill Clinton was on, it wasn't exceedingly go liberal.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Looking forward to it because I'm throwing a party.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
am I the only one looking forward to November 5th when McCain can go back out to pasture, we can stop with the non-stop attacks, and actually think about what the impending Obama Administration is going to be like?

Why? I don't think it will be anything to look forward to. The Republicans will take off their cheerleading apologist uniforms and trade them to the Democrats for their cheerleading attack uniforms. That's the only change we're going to see.

Hugh H

Jul 11, 2008

Yeah, although it will only be for election night. After that, I go back to avoiding that channel unless I want to get upset. Trust me, there will be meltdowns.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: retrospooty
Oh, pick up whats left of your brain, put it back in the jar and seal it. You are not capable of critical thought any more. The ONLY people that bring up race are the reps, any excuse to avoid real issues right? .
Are you stupid or just ignorant?
Racism is the only reason McCain might beat him
How much will white racism hurt Obama
Barack Obama 'pseudo controversies' hide racism
Analysis: Palin's words carry racial tinge
Harry Reid implies radio host is racist for tying Fannie Mae exec to Obama
And let's not forget that the Obama campaign suggested that Bill Clinton was himself a racist due to some of the comments he made back in the spring.

The pattern has already been established. If President Obama calls for my spending on some minority program anyone who opposes it will be called a racist. If Obama appoints a black to some position and someone is critical of that person they will be called a racist.

Hugh H

Jul 11, 2008
Originally posted by: retrospooty
Oh, pick up whats left of your brain, put it back in the jar and seal it. You are not capable of critical thought any more. The ONLY people that bring up race are the reps, any excuse to avoid real issues right? .
Are you stupid or just ignorant?
Racism is the only reason McCain might beat him
How much will white racism hurt Obama
Barack Obama 'pseudo controversies' hide racism
Analysis: Palin's words carry racial tinge
Harry Reid implies radio host is racist for tying Fannie Mae exec to Obama
And let's not forget that the Obama campaign suggested that Bill Clinton was himself a racist due to some of the comments he made back in the spring.

The pattern has already been established. If President Obama calls for my spending on some minority program anyone who opposes it will be called a racist. If Obama appoints a black to some position and someone is critical of that person they will be called a racist.

So the solution will be to.... not elect the black candidate so it doesn't happen? We can't have a black President because any disagreements on his decisions will be labeled as racism?

I'm sure that if there is legit opposition to a decision by Obama, the people objecting will articulate it well so it doesn't leave any doors open for allegations of racism.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002

Does anyone think McCain will show up on the Daily Show after the election is over? Stewart has been going pretty hard on the old man and Palin is a real easy target. I'd say 90% of his jokes are about them. Think he's one to hold a grudge?

Butterbean

Banned
Oct 12, 2006
Big trouble is just starting and its not going away Nov 5th no matter who wins. We've been steered into a subprime iceberg on purpose and the ships taking on water section by section. A Marxist gov certainly can't stop the problems and will indeed make them worse - which people will realize quite soon. If McCain wins there would be just a little more time but the Marxists will be fomenting trouble in the streets. Big troubles any way it works out. America has become a nation with too many degenerates and the correction ahead is going to be a shock to a lot of people. One good thing is the many of the useless non profit and egghead type jobs will gone - reality is on the way.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: PottedMeat

Does anyone think McCain will show up on the Daily Show after the election is over? Stewart has been going pretty hard on the old man and Palin is a real easy target. I'd say 90% of his jokes are about them. Think he's one to hold a grudge?
After watching this, I don't think so :laugh: