Any other Comcast customers having problems?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Originally posted by: aplefka
Originally posted by: Jeff7181
Originally posted by: sharkeeper
No problems around the baltimore/dc area. I use them as a relay and the gateway is up 100%...

Why use their crappy DNS anyways? I never understood this. If you have an active directory domain you must have a working dns server so...

What makes their DNS crappy? I mean, other than these few hours of downtime. How is Comcast's DNS inferior to other ones?

Do you work for Comcast? Seriously, you've defended them in all the posts that I've seen and you're even the person who started this thread. Make up your mind, and stop sucking them off. Comcast isn't as great as you think it is. Just because you have good experiences with them doesn't mean all of us do.

It's a simple question, dick. If you don't like it and don't know the answer, keep your pissy comments to yourself and shut the fvck up.

*EDIT* Also... wtf do I have to make up my mind about? What does me starting the thread have to do with my opinion of Comcast. You should stop ASSuming I'm saying something that I'm not.

MDE

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I was having problems in Southwest Suburban Chicago, but everything seems fine for now.

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Originally posted by: MDE
I was having problems in Southwest Suburban Chicago, but everything seems fine for now.

I switched back to Comcast's DNS too and it works fine now.

mplutodh1

Nov 26, 2004
I am still having problems! GRRR im calling for a refund tomorrow. or something... I pay for a connection, I can use it maybe 10% of the time today... so I should pay 10% of the damn bill for the day

DfiDude

Mar 6, 2005
My 2 friends are having problems getting up pages, going very slow. But me im having no problems with mine haha, mines just fine and fast, been playing games and surfing the web with no problems

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
This gave me a good opportunity to win some eBay items I wanted.:D

Attrox

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Jeff7181
Seems like Comcast is only partially online... at least here in southeast Michigan. No e-mail, no website, and limited access to web pages. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

*EDIT* Using the following DNS servers should get you up and running again...

WOW!!
One of my ingame MMORPG friend was complaining that he can't go to websites (yet he can play online). I suggested him those last 2 dns and voila he can surf website again. Funny thing is, I didn't even read this thread until today :D

Edit: I used to work tech support for one of those home networking company and those DNS is always suggested to customer when they are having dns issue.
Btw, anyone notice that their connection is faster with the dns server above (is this Verizon's dns?)? My friend told me that his connection is more responsive now.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I'm a little late for this, but last night I was going nuts due to comcast's nameservers being completely shot. Everything seems great now though.

mplutodh1

Nov 26, 2004
Hmmm on an interesting note, today my pings are up considerably and at peak hours today my bandwidth increased by .6mbps from what I could tell via a quick bandwidth test, gonna have to run some tests on that later tonight or tomorrow.

Chadder007

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Oh CaRP....is this happening again to anyone else? I had to switch my DNS servers back over to a 3rd party again. Comcast is crapping out once more for me tonight.

95SS

Golden Member
Nov 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Chadder007
Oh CaRP....is this happening again to anyone else? I had to switch my DNS servers back over to a 3rd party again. Comcast is crapping out once more for me tonight.

Yep - I'm having the same problem. I was just searching for this thread to see if it was just me.

Grey

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 1999
Ditto that in New Jersey, getting slower and slower. CNN and Yahoo are timing out often again. Sigh.. maybe I will go read a book or something.

bastula

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2000
Same here in North Chicago. Had to switch to the OP's DNS servers. Thanks for the info.