Any other Comcast customers having problems?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Proletariat

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
Originally posted by: UncleWai
They sent me an email saying they upgraded the speed,
my Chinese virgin ass.
I can't go to any sites except anandtech.
LOL :D

Mine is sporadic here in Maryland.

Albis

Platinum Member
May 29, 2004
yeah i'm posting from ann arbor and it's only sorta up right now. some sites will work and some won't

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Originally posted by: aplefka
Can't connect to all sites yet. :|

Edit: What the fvck, I can't even connect to comcast.net?! This is so ridiculous. I've had more downtime than uptime in the last month, and I don't mean that in a sexual way.

I find that extremely unlikely.

SacrosanctFiend

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Problems in Knoxville. Can't get to Google or my university website, which sucks because I have homework to do.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
better than it was...im in jersey, posted question about how long until a router dies in networking and someone was kind enough to fill me in on news that i am being deprived of because of web problems.
aim working, this site works...wolf ET worked for a while for me.

Cheetah8799

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Jeff7181
Seems like Comcast is only partially online... at least here in southeast Michigan. No e-mail, no website, and limited access to web pages. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Currently here in St. Paul, Minnesota my connection is horrible!

I did try to call their 1-888 number and it said that they have a service outage.

I am able to surf some sites after a bunch of failed attempts, but then if I go to another site it all goes bad again.

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Can't connect to all sites yet. :|

Edit: What the fvck, I can't even connect to comcast.net?! This is so ridiculous. I've had more downtime than uptime in the last month, and I don't mean that in a sexual way.

I find that extremely unlikely.

Well, I'd show you the chat logs and the phone call logs and the three invoices from the technicians who came out here, but I really have nothing to prove. In the last month I can guarantee you I've had more downtime than uptime.

How convenient, the 888 number is "busy" right now. I really wanted to place this order online tonight before the sale ended, now I'm doubly pissed.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
yes... here in MI it sucks too i thought it was my computers! glad to hear that its widespread

MeanMeosh

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2001
up in delaware here, lots of problems resolving dns.

i switched dns servers and it's working fine now. will go back to automatic after comcast fixes its problems. thanks tweekah!

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
Seems like Comcast is only partially online... at least here in southeast Michigan. No e-mail, no website, and limited access to web pages. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

I'm in NJ, problems here too.

kef7

Diamond Member
May 11, 2001
having trouble in w.ern 'burbs of Minneapolis but by using the 4.2.2.1 its now working

Proletariat

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
Originally posted by: kef7
having trouble in w.ern 'burbs of Minneapolis but by using the 4.2.2.1 its now working
4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 do work. I'm wondering if I should just keep these DNS servers? Does anyone know if they are actually faster?

UncleWai

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2001
It's dns problem.
I can dl via ftp like a champ,
but anandtech is the only site I can access.

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: UncleWai
It's dns problem.
I can dl via ftp like a champ,
but anandtech is the only site I can access.

Yup. Same thing as me.

I might try using those DNS Servers listed above.

Proletariat

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
Originally posted by: 91TTZ

I'm in NJ, problems here too.
They had a plant flood in NJ according to the Comcast techs. That might be part of your problem.

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Can anyone get through to 1-888-COMCAST? I'm gonna try calling the local number that goes to it.

Proletariat

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
Can anyone get through to 1-888-COMCAST? I'm gonna try calling the local number that goes to it.
Did you try the alernate DNS servers?

SethK28

Golden Member
Feb 19, 2003

You wont, they pulled the line. Even if you get thru past the busy signal and navigate thru the menu it will auotmatically disconnect you

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Proletariat
Did you try the alernate DNS servers?

Not yet, but I want to call them first.

Proletariat

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
Originally posted by: SethK28

You wont, they pulled the line. Even if you get thru past the busy signal and navigate thru the menu it will auotmatically disconnect you
Hahahaha. Comcast, you rock dudes.

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004

I figured as much but I was going to try til 7:15. Fvcking bastards.

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002

Do you blame them? They obviously know there's a problem. Answering 150,000 phone calls from people saying, "tha intarweb is broke, you suck" won't help them fix it.

Proletariat

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004

Do you blame them? They obviously know there's a problem. Answering 150,000 phone calls from people saying, "tha intarweb is broke, you suck" won't help them fix it.
Nah I just found it funny. Comcast has been pretty good to me so far.