Any collectors here? And what do you collect?

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
I collected stamps for a short while when I was younger and for a while I wanted to start a coin collection but I've never become a serious collector of anything. I'm thinking of getting into collecting things as a hobby more seriously though. Three things that particularly interest me are stamps, coins, and vintage gaming. I've had a plan in the back of my head for a while to collect working good condition game consoles from as many manufacturers as possible and have them all hooked up to play! As well I'd collect vintage games for these systems.

What if anything do you collect? This being ATOT I think I should add that pr0n doesn't count ;) Unless it's a serious collection like vintage playboys and pin-up art of course.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Some rock memorabilia and picture discs (vinyl albums with the cover printed right on the album). I've got most of it framed and hanging around my basement.

OhSnap688

Golden Member
Sep 29, 2006
I used to collect Beanie Babies. But only the Dog ones. I now want to sell them because they are taking up space

livingsacrifice

Jul 16, 2001
When I was growing up I used to collect baseball cards, lately the only collection I have is my video games.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
i collect all kinds of books and I also collect Discworld related items. I have a few other things I try to collect, like CDs and stuff by certain bands. I also collect guns, but thats really expensive.

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
Coins and cutlery. I have nice knives I bought in Toledo, Spain and I have A LOT of coins, domestic and foreign.

fatpat268

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2006
I collect foreign money.

I haven't in a couple years, but recently updated my collection yesterday when a coworker of mine gave me currency from jamaica and vietnam.

T9D

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001
I collect HD-DVD movies.....

damn it

I used to collect Star Wars when I was younger. The only thing left is an Original Return of the Jedi Painting from Lucas Film. I'm never getting rid of that :)

I used to have a "'Revenge' of the Jedi" poster that was very rare. They are rare to start with but this one was rolled (instead of folded like most them came) because it was handed to my mom at Lucas Film. I would have kept it too but it got all wrinkled up from being in a closet or something. I framed it but it didn't look good enough. I sold it on ebay.

mrizvi66

Dec 16, 2005
1. comic books (tho i haven't bought any in about 3 years...)
2. money from around the world

L

Lola

When I was younger, I was obcessive about stickers. My best friend and I had books and books of stickers... not the cheap ones either. That went on for a long time.

After that, it was the Beanie babies (still have boxes of them).
Now, I collect Coach purses and swimsuits... no joke.

paulxcook

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
I don't collect things. I used to collect baseball and basketball cards. Now I tend to look at "collector" as a nice way of saying "pack rat".

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Originally posted by: LolaWiz
When I was younger, I was obcessive about stickers. My best friend and I had books and books of stickers... not the cheap ones either. That went on for a long time.

After that, it was the Beanie babies (still have boxes of them).
Now, I collect Coach purses and swimsuits... no joke.

The Coach Outlet in San Marcos, TX is amazing. As for the Beanie Babies, you should have sold them when they were $100 each on eBay. :laugh: :)