And in other news - Fed Agencies to Share Citizenship Data with Census

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
So dishonest. It doesn't matter whether the information will be used against them or not. What matters is that they won't participate if they think it might be. Which is obviously the impression the GOP is trying to create.

snipped

Youre so funny. So let me get this straight If an illegal immigrant is sent a hard copy of the census, or a census taker knocks, (or do the survey over an automated phone line) they *would* be able to either refuse, or skip questions. But the rest of the questions? Hey no problem there. Right? They'll still be counted, but will commit a federal crime. Cool beans. Also, because its federal law for the Census bureau to NOT release ANY personal information even with Federal Agencies, by God Trump is so corrupt he'll what? Hack the bureau? Pay off someone to give him the info? LMAO Ever heard of fruit from the poisonous tree?

Jesus man your "logic" is...so illogical. Im not sure youve thought this one through.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I suspect you're being deliberately obtuse. The primary purpose of the census is to count everybody. In order to include as many people as possible we have to convince them that the information won't be used against them. We don't want anybody to not participate believing they'll rat themselves out to La Migra in doing so. It defies knowing the truth to convince them that it will, which is entirely what the GOP wants. Truth isn't truth in Trumplandia. It's just whatever they want to make it.

I'm sure that blackangst and all the teahadis out there would be thrilled to sign a national gun registry in order to be able to legally possess their guns. I mean, we just need to take an account of how many guns there are for various benevolent purposes, right? Surely asking them to identify themselves will be seen as harmless and could never be used against them in their wildest imaginations.

Surely the support this policy because it is the exact same as their demand that all illegal immigrants identify themselves and that doing so would never possibly leave to an inaccurate census.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
See, this is one more place where the right and left differ.

It's like because the right think their GOP leaders can do no wrong and will defend them to their dying breath (often hypocritically), they think the left will do the same for liberal leaders. For example, yeah, Obama bombed the shit out of countries like Trump has done/is doing. That doesn't mean all of us approved or promoted it when Obama did it. Get the fuck out of here with your whataboutisms and false equivalencies.

Ah so you admit bothsides exists. You gave one example. There are many more. For example, the left screaming about Trump "locking kids in cages" yet where was the outrage when Obama SENT kids to a former Japanese internment camp? Estimates were 1400 kids. Nothing? Oh wait. That was different right?

Fuck that man. Both sides are just as corrupt as the other, many in the same ways and many different. If you cant acknowledge that, youre part of what the left claims is so terrible about the right: party over country.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I'm sure that blackangst and all the teahadis out there would be thrilled to sign a national gun registry in order to be able to legally possess their guns. I mean, we just need to take an account of how many guns there are for various benevolent purposes, right? Surely asking them to identify themselves will be seen as harmless and could never be used against them in their wildest imaginations.

Surely the support this policy because it is the exact same as their demand that all illegal immigrants identify themselves and that doing so would never possibly leave to an inaccurate census.

I would, actually. It wouldnt prevent mass shootings, but just as one must register a car, or boat, or whatever, sure. Why not guns.

I think your view of me is so warped from your own blinders, you last out with childish comments like this when, in fact, you are, once again, 100% wrong.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Ah so you admit bothsides exists. You gave one example. There are many more. For example, the left screaming about Trump "locking kids in cages" yet where was the outrage when Obama SENT kids to a former Japanese internment camp? Estimates were 1400 kids. Nothing? Oh wait. That was different right?

Fuck that man. Both sides are just as corrupt as the other, many in the same ways and many different. If you cant acknowledge that, youre part of what the left claims is so terrible about the right: party over country.

Don't remember Obama sending Justice Dept lawyers to court to defend not giving children soap, heat, food, medicine, etc. Maybe I missed that......

Reactions: JEDIYoda

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

Both sides do suck.
However, one sucks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Are you seriously attempting to #bothsides Trump’s child separation policy? If so, holy shit. This will not end well for you.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Youre so funny. So let me get this straight If an illegal immigrant is sent a hard copy of the census, or a census taker knocks, (or do the survey over an automated phone line) they *would* be able to either refuse, or skip questions. But the rest of the questions? Hey no problem there. Right? They'll still be counted, but will commit a federal crime. Cool beans.
It should be common sense that people here illegally are going to be reluctant to confirm that to government officials so they will be less likely to participate.

Discouraging their participation is of course one of the primary goals here.

Also, because its federal law for the Census bureau to NOT release ANY personal information even with Federal Agencies, by God Trump is so corrupt he'll what? Hack the bureau? Pay off someone to give him the info? LMAO Ever heard of fruit from the poisonous tree?

Jesus man your "logic" is...so illogical. Im not sure youve thought this one through.
Yes because if the Trump administration is known for one thing it’s strict adherence to the law.

Also fruit of the poisonous tree would not matter here.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
It should be common sense that people here illegally are going to be reluctant to confirm that to government officials so they will be less likely to participate.

Discouraging their participation is of course one of the primary goals here.

Yes because if the Trump administration is known for one thing it’s strict adherence to the law.

Also fruit of the poisonous tree would not matter here.
As well as getting them to participate so that they can be hunted down by ICE agents and Homeland Securitie!!
What people like BlackAngst doesn`t understand is that Trumps administration was already caught trying to make it so the people will nor participate...In fact that person who drew up the plan died if I remember correctly and his daughter after reading through his work turned his work over to some organisation.....

Just admit it like Greenman already admitted....your wife is colored and because she is colored you do not hate immigrant...lololool

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
How is asking immigration status discouraging? Shit man people can participate over a phone if they want. But statistics are important for a variety of reason so we need accurate numbers. not sure why you would disagree with that other than the tin foil conspiracy that Trump will use that data to expel people from the USA which is nothing but a made up...conspiracy.

Do you know how I know you are a piece of Shit troll?

Because we’ve all had this conversation with you before and even provided links for you to read which you clearly did not.

Reported

The bolded is simply unacceptable. Please find a better way to express your (understandable) frustration.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ch33zw1z

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Because we’ve all had this conversation with you before and even provided links for you to read which you clearly did not.

Reported

Cognitive dissonance is a helluva drug

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

Reported
ood move!! According to the new rules it would seem BlackAngst is out of order, in more ways than one!
YES-- links were provided that refuted what he is saying and YES!! If you go back through a previous long thread that a Mod started before the new Rules concerning standards of conduct you will see that even a Mod said if the person continues being this way.......

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

Reported

lulz Yep Im aware. Doesnt mean Im not entitled to my own opinion as you are yours.

And oops...your tolerance is showing.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
lulz Yep Im aware. Doesnt mean Im not entitled to my own opinion as you are yours.

And oops...your tolerance is showing.

Your opinion? You asked a question, the same question you’ve asked before and had answered by many people with links.

Yeah my intolerance is showing, I don’t like trolls, so fuck off troll!

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Apparently, since you claimed to have reported said person for calling you a troll and presenting evidence to support the allegation

No, thats not what I reported him/her for. Troll...meh. "Fucking troll"-violates new guidelines. As does "fuck off". And he provided no evidence. He simply said we talked about this before. So what? Do we not often repeat threads? Do we not have numerous conversations on the same thing? Repeating a conversation does not make one a troll.

Well, unless the person calling you a troll doesnt like you. Then I guess its open season.