And in other news - Fed Agencies to Share Citizenship Data with Census

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I think you refuse to see the forest for the trees, Greenman. The clear intent of Trump & the GOP is to suppress census participation by undocumented workers. It's as plain as it gets. That, in turn, tends to reapportion representation & federal grants to areas where they don't live. The truth doesn't matter. It's not a consideration in GOP policy making. That's deeply wrong. They don't care about stuff like that.
He's just trying to justify it in his mind.

Reactions: Meghan54

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That's simply not so. I understand that you have an image in your mind of my political views and motivations, but you should also understand that that image has been created through the filter of your own system of beliefs. You assume ignorant or nefarious intentions where none exist. I often disagree with the majority here, but that disagreement is always exactly as I state it. I don't discriminate against brown people, my wife is a brown person, two of my kids are clearly of hispanic origin.

Um, the issue here with the "presumption of negative intentions" is that there is no presumption.

Please read and answer this question: Did you know that it was admitted/is a matter of fact that informs a federal court opinion, that this strategy was implemented specifically to disenfranchise voters, only to help republican candidates?

Do you know that this is a proven matter of history, it is actual evidence, and it forms the basis of court opinion, that the GOP is roundly attempting to cheat voters out of representation?

Did you know that truth before your comment here? Simple yes or no, please.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I believe the various governments (local, state, and federal) have not only the right to know who is living in their jurisdictions, but a responsibility to everyone else to know.
No, I do not support using that cherry-picked data to gerrymander districts, to reduce funding for various projects, (after all, legal or not, those people DO live there and the state and local governments have to provide some types of services...schooling, police, fire, even road construction and increased maintenance due to more vehicles on the road) and reducing the funding to the various agencies hurts the legal residents as much or more than it will those the (R)'s want to ignore.
Want to reduce funding because of illegals? Remove the illegals. After all, that is a 100% federal job.

Reactions: pcgeek11

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
How about we start off simple? If you are running for office, you shouldn't be involved in conducting the election or deciding who gets to vote in it.

Would require republican shitbirds to understand and appreciate what a conflict of interest is though, so yeah... not happening.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Why wouldn't residency status be part of the census? Don't the various government agencies need that information to allocate assets? If they know area x is heavily populated by illegal aliens it would allow them to target that area for everything from outreach to enforcement. This could also include IRS and OSHA scrutiny as many people in the country illegally work for cash, without benefit of workman's comp or proper safety equipment and training.

For someone who posts a lot on a political forum and who has no problems offering up their opinion, I'm a little amazed that you aren't even slightly aware of the issue and the details behind it.

Before I, or anyone else, takes the time to explain it to you, can you tell us why you are ignorant on this particular issue? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume its ignorance and not stupidity based on your standing on this forum.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
hopefully help keep illegals from voting
Illegals don't vote, what Democrats do is use the illegals for census counts and promoting the with us or against us attitude to the mostly Hispanic population that can vote through identity politics by insinuating that illegals are some sort of indirect extension of those voters through ethnicity and race.

If you want to stop the illegal immigration problem hold the people that employ them accountable with high financial penalties and jail time for knowingly hiring them or not vetting them properly, while giving employers the tools to do the job properly when checking applicants for employment eligibility according to federal law.

But we know neither party will touch that 3rd rail, because Americans believe they are entitled to cheap labor along with illegal working conditions that they themselves would refuse to work under and would complain to their local labor board as some sort of injustice and exploitation if they were expected to do so.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
For someone who posts a lot on a political forum and who has no problems offering up their opinion, I'm a little amazed that you aren't even slightly aware of the issue and the details behind it.

Before I, or anyone else, takes the time to explain it to you, can you tell us why you are ignorant on this particular issue? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume its ignorance and not stupidity based on your standing on this forum.
This was answered several posts back.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I dont see the outrage with this. The US govt has the right to know who here is a citizen, green card holders (3 or 10 year), and visas. since only citizens can vote, it would be helpful in areas with a large amount of green card holders for representation considerations.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
I dont see the outrage with this. The US govt has the right to know who here is a citizen, green card holders (3 or 10 year), and visas. since only citizens can vote, it would be helpful in areas with a large amount of green card holders for representation considerations.

They do. But the census is the wrong way to do it. Especially for reasons of undermining the census in order to obtain more partisan power.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
That's simply not so. I understand that you have an image in your mind of my political views and motivations, but you should also understand that that image has been created through the filter of your own system of beliefs. You assume ignorant or nefarious intentions where none exist. I often disagree with the majority here, but that disagreement is always exactly as I state it. I don't discriminate against brown people, my wife is a brown person, two of my kids are clearly of hispanic origin.
Nobody cares about the color of your wife!! That is such a bull shit response!
That is like TYrump saying he is not a racist bigot because he has ablack person working in the adminstration......so pathetic!!

Reactions: Meghan54

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
What is the alternative?
It is easy to tell you what the alternative is not!
It is sad and pathetic that this has ONLY become an issue under the TRUMP administration!

Bottom line the Trump administration witll use this to deport and tear apart families.....nuff said!
Ignorant people will be ignorant!

Nov 17, 2019
If you want to stop the illegal immigration problem hold the people that employ them accountable with high financial penalties and jail time for knowingly hiring them or not vetting them properly, while giving employers the tools to do the job properly when checking applicants for employment eligibility according to federal law.

But we know neither party will touch that 3rd rail, because Americans believe they are entitled to cheap labor along with illegal working conditions that they themselves would refuse to work under and would complain to their local labor board as some sort of injustice and exploitation if they were expected to do so.
Yes, The Orange One Owned companies should be fined severely.

jmagg

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
Nobody cares about the color of your wife!! That is such a bull shit response!
That is like TYrump saying he is not a racist bigot because he has ablack person working in the adminstration......so pathetic!!

So youre saying that choosing a mate and choosing to have a family with that person is the same as a hire. You got the dumbest post out of the way early today congrats. Must be a bot.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
So youre saying that choosing a mate and choosing to have a family with that person is the same as a hire. You got the dumbest post out of the way early today congrats. Must be a bot.

haha, no worries jmagg, there's still time for you to take the prize.

Besides, those qualities apparently are desirable in a president now.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Except districts are drawn on the basis of population, not immigration status of residents. It's always been that way.

Reactions: ElFenix

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
It is easy to tell you what the alternative is not!
It is sad and pathetic that this has ONLY become an issue under the TRUMP administration!

Bottom line the Trump administration witll use this to deport and tear apart families.....nuff said!
Ignorant people will be ignorant!

Your post contains so many false claims and red herrings I almost dont know if this is the right thread to post it in. Cally on with you exclamation points and faux outrage though.